Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #29
Jobu05

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
So it has been a week and a half, and the dealership still has my Camaro. I got a call from them friday morning telling me the part was still not in, and that they did not have a clue when one would be available.
Jobu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #30
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know how everything goes once serviced! We are here for any feedback that you may have.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Brandon,

I actually got to go by the dealership yesterday. The tech drove it and agreed that it needs a torque converter. He said that they are on back order and not sure when one will be available. Even though they said that continuing to drive it would not cause any damage I will try to limit the miles till they can get the part in and make the repair. This is a fairly high volume dealer and they said that mine is the fourth one that they have had come in that needed a torque converter.
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu05 View Post
So it has been a week and a half, and the dealership still has my Camaro. I got a call from them friday morning telling me the part was still not in, and that they did not have a clue when one would be available.
I am sorry to hear of the parts delay you are experiencing. If you would like me to do more research and set up a case with customer service, I would be glad to do so. I would need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Old 07-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
mikec

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z51
Got it back Monday. One day in the shop and it seems to be fixed......so far. I heard from the dealer that the torque converters are scarse these
days.
Good luck to everyone waiting.
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #33
Jobu05

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Just got the call from the dealership that my car is ready, going to pick it up in about an hour.
Jobu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu05 View Post
Just got the call from the dealership that my car is ready, going to pick it up in about an hour.
Please let us know how everything went and is with your vehicle!

Brandon
Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #35
genealogynut54

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet RS
Just got a caller from my Chevrolet dealer that my car was ready. I brought it in this morning. I will pick it up in the morning and let you all know how it runs.
genealogynut54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by genealogynut54 View Post
Just got a caller from my Chevrolet dealer that my car was ready. I brought it in this morning. I will pick it up in the morning and let you all know how it runs.
Please let us know if you have any questions after you pick it up!

Brandon
Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
Carlas14

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Torque Converter on "Nationwide" back order!!!

I bought a 2012 Camaro RS in April with 10 miles on it. I now have 4200 miles and a torque converter that needs to be replaced. I'm told they don't know when I'll get one due to them being on a nationwide back order. Are you kidding me??? I am beyond frustrated!!! The service department put it in as a special order, so that the next one available will be mine. But, if it's a nationwide problem I would think service departments all over are doing the same thing. Is there a hotline to call and report this problem? How can they have a shortage on new car parts? Come on GM!!! Unfortunately, I just missed the "Love It or Return It" offer.
Carlas14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #38
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlas14 View Post
I bought a 2012 Camaro RS in April with 10 miles on it. I now have 4200 miles and a torque converter that needs to be replaced. I'm told they don't know when I'll get one due to them being on a nationwide back order. Are you kidding me??? I am beyond frustrated!!! The service department put it in as a special order, so that the next one available will be mine. But, if it's a nationwide problem I would think service departments all over are doing the same thing. Is there a hotline to call and report this problem? How can they have a shortage on new car parts? Come on GM!!! Unfortunately, I just missed the "Love It or Return It" offer.
I am sorry to hear of the frustrations you are experiencing. We do value you as a customer and we definitely appreciate your patience. If you would like me to set up a case with GM customer service, please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence!

Brandon
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
blk1234

Drives: black 2012 ls2
took mine in 7-26-12 torque converter bad.dealer at first said theres nothing wrong when they scanned it.i had to tell them to road test it.then they found the problem.there is a gm document on this web site that exactly describes the problem.which dealer couldnt find on there own.i had to give them the document number and so forth.dont let them bs you.there is a problem and they are aware of the torque converter issue.mine is a 2012 v6 3.6 automatic.
blk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #40
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk1234 View Post
took mine in 7-26-12 torque converter bad.dealer at first said theres nothing wrong when they scanned it.i had to tell them to road test it.then they found the problem.there is a gm document on this web site that exactly describes the problem.which dealer couldnt find on there own.i had to give them the document number and so forth.dont let them bs you.there is a problem and they are aware of the torque converter issue.mine is a 2012 v6 3.6 automatic.
blk1234,

We're happy to hear that your dealership was able to diagnose the issue you were having with your vehicle. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback!

Ashley (assisting Brandon)
Old 08-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #41
Sangiovese

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Torque Converter Issue

Can you please post the GM document number that refers to the torque converter issue? I am having the same problem and I would like to provide this information to my dealership. I have a 2012 Camaro, 6700 miles and am having the same stutter/acceleration issue around 35mph. Thank you.
Sangiovese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #42
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trganey View Post
Thanks Brandon,

I actually got to go by the dealership yesterday. The tech drove it and agreed that it needs a torque converter. He said that they are on back order and not sure when one will be available. Even though they said that continuing to drive it would not cause any damage I will try to limit the miles till they can get the part in and make the repair. This is a fairly high volume dealer and they said that mine is the fourth one that they have had come in that needed a torque converter.

Received a call that the dealer has the parts to fix my car and will be droping it off on Tuesday afternoon. They are providing me with a rental while they repair mine. Will post up when I get it back.
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote