Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > ZL1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Camaro NPP Exhaust Controller - Mild to Wild Exhaust on Demand Control now on sale

If you're one of the lucky ones who has a gorgeous new ZL1 sitting in your garage, I've got one of the first must-own mods for you. The Mild to Wild Exhaust On Demand Controller for the Camaro ZL1 and NPP Outfitted Camaro SS provides user control over the exhaust's bi-modal functionality to the driver.

Stock, the Bi-Modal system opens and closes its valves based on RPM numbers and driver aggressiveness, which means that sometimes the exhaust tone is choked down when you might not want for it to be. By installing a Mild to Wild fuse control, you'll gain complete control over when those valves are open, and your exhaust system is at a full roar. This is great for starting the vehicle up at car shows and drive-ins, and for driving on a nice weekend day when you want to hear the full beauty of the vehicle's capable exhaust notes.

The Mild2Wild Camaro ZL1 Wireless Exhaust Controller is the only FCC approved exhaust controller and works on all Camaro ZL1’s and NPP outfitted 2013 and newer Camaro SS's. Developed with the help of GM engineers, the Mild2Wild Remote Exhaust control allows you to be in total control of your exhaust system allowing you to unleash the bi-mode exhaust at any time, so you can have full sound & power, even at idle! You will think you installed a new exhaust system, with the deep rich sound at any RPM it provides--just like it should be.

A key feature on the Camaro ZL1 is that you can even program you homelink universal garage opener to control the exhaust (so while driving opening and closing the exhaust is just a button press away) and still have the wireless remotes so you can show off the exhaust to your friends while standing in the back of the car with just a touch of a button on the mini wireless fobs, 5 minute plug and play.

Operation: Once installed, you will have 2 settings, “ON” factory operation, exhaust will operate as it did prior to installing mild2wild. “OFF” The system will remain 100% open until you close it with a press of you homelink buttons.
Comes with 2 remote controllers. Instructions included.

The Mild2Wild Camaro ZL1 Wireless Exhaust Controller is the only FCC approved exhaust controller and works on all Camaro ZL1’s, developed with the help of GM engineers.
• The only controller certified by the Corvette museum and installed on museum delivery cars
• The only controller certified by and installed by GM dealers
• Used by Jay Leno (has been given a video spot on Jay's Garage) and Scott Dixon (2008 Indy 500 Winner)
• The original sold since 2006 and in operation on thousands of Corvettes, now available for the Camaro SS and Camaro ZL1

Swing by our website and check out the Camaro Mild to Wild Exhaust Controller page for more video and images. Please feel free to ask us any questions about this exhaust controller that you may have, also.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by southerncarparts; 01-08-2015 at 01:52 PM.
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Drives: 2012 ZL1
As unoffically the first to install M2W on a ZL1 I can say the product works exactly as described. It is a true 5 minute install. What I like the best is the homelink control and the fact that it stays in the mode you select until you change it. Mine is open unless I have someone with me on a longer trip.

The flow must be almost 100% to the straight through outside exits when open, because my inside tips stay clean. So you will be able to tell Z owners who have a controller or have pulled the fuse!
FSTORG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSTORG5 View Post
As unoffically the first to install M2W on a ZL1 I can say the product works exactly as described. It is a true 5 minute install. What I like the best is the homelink control and the fact that it stays in the mode you select until you change it. Mine is open unless I have someone with me on a longer trip.

The flow must be almost 100% to the straight through outside exits when open, because my inside tips stay clean. So you will be able to tell Z owners who have a controller or have pulled the fuse!
First off, big time congrats on not only being one of the first to install a M2W, but also on being one of the first to have a ZL1. I've got some serious envy over here. Secondly, thanks for the good words. This is such a simple and brilliant product, we know that the Camaro public is going to love it as more and more Camaros are hitting the roads with the NPP exhaust option.

Thanks for the business,
Matt
Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
jeffgtx

Drives: sosltice
Do you have the npp in a box kit on sale too or just this version?
jeffgtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
One thing to note...the directions that come with the Mild2Wild unit state that the blue wire is the ground wire. That is incorrect. The black wires (2 tied together) are the grounds. The blue wire is the antenna to the unit. The instructions should be corrected.
Other than that, the unit is a breeze to install and works great.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
Do you have the npp in a box kit on sale too or just this version?
We do sell the NPP In a Box Exhaust Kit on our website.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
One thing to note...the directions that come with the Mild2Wild unit state that the blue wire is the ground wire. That is incorrect. The black wires (2 tied together) are the grounds. The blue wire is the antenna to the unit. The instructions should be corrected.
Other than that, the unit is a breeze to install and works great.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll inform the manufacturer today and hopefully he'll change the instructions!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
This is an exciting new product; however, it should be noted that it will NOT change the sound of an NPP equipt Camaro at idle. The dual Mode exhaust is already open at idle. This will primarily change the sound between 1000 and 3500 RPMs when the valve is usually closed (unless throttle is > 25%; I believe).

Still, I will put this on my list of upgrades to consider.

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehmsea View Post
This is an exciting new product; however, it should be noted that it will NOT change the sound of an NPP equipt Camaro at idle. The dual Mode exhaust is already open at idle. This will primarily change the sound between 1000 and 3500 RPMs when the valve is usually closed (unless throttle is > 25%; I believe).

Still, I will put this on my list of upgrades to consider.
Good catch! Originally wrote the copy for this before we knew the Camaro ZL1 NPP Exhaust would function slightly differently from the Corvette one. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
How much ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
How much ?
Click the link. Sponsors don't/can't talk pricing in threads outside of the marketplace and many don't openly inside.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Is there anyway to FORCE it closed all the time for that "sleeper effect" or when you want to hide a cam a little more?

would love a forced closed mode for late nights and when you are in a neighborhood where loud cars might not be welcomed.

I have the 2013 2SS Dusk that had the NPP as well.
I have my fuse pulled but the car is fixen to be about 200% louder with a cam high flow cats and LTs.

so a way to make it super quiet when wanted would rule.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #13
Nick821

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS Convert
I have the opportunity to locally purchase a NPP complete catback from a 2013 SS. I have a 2013 SS Auto Convert. Can I make this work with one your kits?
Nick821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick821 View Post
I have the opportunity to locally purchase a NPP complete catback from a 2013 SS. I have a 2013 SS Auto Convert. Can I make this work with one your kits?
Sorry, I missed this question. Yes, please PM me if you are still interested and I'll get you the info. Thank you!