Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Honestly and simple answers to simple questions is very hard to get sometimes.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #30
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
I appreciate the comment Reggie.
BDBiker, you phenominal insight

from online chat at Chevrolet.com
"As of today, vehicle has been shipped by rail going from the production plant to the distribution center in Westfield, Texas. There is no eta at this time when vehicle will arrive at the dealership"

HOORAH! good times are just ahead
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
I appreciate the comment Reggie.
BDBiker, you phenominal insight

from online chat at Chevrolet.com
"As of today, vehicle has been shipped by rail going from the production plant to the distribution center in Westfield, Texas. There is no eta at this time when vehicle will arrive at the dealership"

HOORAH! good times are just ahead
As of this morning mine was still bayed. TPW 4/29
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #32
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
h018871, glad to hear the good news! Happiness is in sight for you brother.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Mine is still bayed TPW 4-15, built 4-15 bayed since 4-18...its hard not having it but I'm trying to be patient....not my strongest suit.

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #34
KlugSS

Called yesterday.
2013 1SS 1LE
Ordered April 16th. Got the rail car number last week, should see it at my dealer next week for sure.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
rjuarez

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
Called yesterday.
2013 1SS 1LE
Ordered April 16th. Got the rail car number last week, should see it at my dealer next week for sure.
I heard last my car was on its way in a rail car from Gibson Indiana. Would you happen to know where it goes from there? My dealership wasn't very good at tracking so I'm trying to figure out how long it should take.
rjuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #36
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
Called yesterday.
2013 1SS 1LE
what was your tpw? crazy that an order that late already shipped out
Toxikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #37
Toxikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Reggie,
Thank you for the information. I think the part that frustrates me, and quite honestly that I do not understand, is that cars that were produced later than ours, by over two weeks, have been delivered, and ours has not even shipped yet. The only logical explanation for that I can come up with is that some of the cars have issues that are requiring repair. If not, and Chevy is just randomly checking cars for release, and not in order of build, then they are failing in a big way in terms of customer service. I have managed manufacturing facilities for the last 15 years, so I understand that things can happen. I just wish someone would be honest and let me know the truth. Thanks for your time.
took the words right out of my mouth!! i think its bs they are sending out the ones they just built rather than the ones that are just sitting. i dont know all the circumstances, but i know at my job, if i did my work backward and did not deliver what was already produced, it would catch mad crap for it. i am not even going to begin understanding the process, but HOW is it rational and/or professional to send ones two or three weeks older than ones just sitting there?!#$#@?$#?!@#
Old 05-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #38
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
took the words right out of my mouth!! i think its bs they are sending out the ones they just built rather than the ones that are just sitting. i dont know all the circumstances, but i know at my job, if i did my work backward and did not deliver what was already produced, it would catch mad crap for it. i am not even going to begin understanding the process, but HOW is it rational and/or professional to send ones two or three weeks older than ones just sitting there?!#$#@?$#?!@#
Probably because it's easy to assemble a car. Once there is a problem to actually fix all those cars takes more time than assembling a new car from scratch. Why anger customers whose cars aren't affected?
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #39
Toxikk

without hearing one way or the other, there doesn't seem to be anything "wrong" just an extended quality check. i get letting the non 1LE and ZL1 out but shouldn't it be a priority to get the ones out in the order they were received/built? seems very illogical to me. then again, i'm just a guy willing to throw out thousands of dollars for a silly car. just not a great first experience buying a GM vehicle thus far
Old 05-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #40
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
Hooray, there is light at the end of the tunnel. My 1LE that was built on 4/12 and on QC Hold ever since was shipped from the factory on Monday, 5/13 and my dealer called today and it has been delivered. Shipped via truck from Oshawa to north of Syracuse, NY in two days. They are prepping for delivery on Friday.
Those who are still waiting it looks like it shouldn't be much longer.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #41
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjuarez View Post
I heard last my car was on its way in a rail car from Gibson Indiana. Would you happen to know where it goes from there? My dealership wasn't very good at tracking so I'm trying to figure out how long it should take.
Somewhere in kansas, i cant remember the town off the top of my head, then delivered by truck from there.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #42
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
what was your tpw? crazy that an order that late already shipped out
Target Production Week correct? When i ordered it on 4.16 a week later i was told 5.6 was the build date and it was 100% correct.

Tags
quality hold