Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-25-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
The 2010 Camaro, back then and now...

hey all, first post here; though i've been lurking for a long while now...

just wanted to put together a side by side by side by side comparison of the camaro as it's come along from concept, to iver, to prepro, to rpo test, to that the silver beauty recently spotted, that and a shout out to some certain people.

---

where i work, i've been fortunate enough to have known about this car for more then a few years now. back then i stared at images of the concept before it was out, then the concept itself as it sat in front of me on north old woodward just south of the 555 building apts.

as time has gone by, we've been delivered an amazing progression of what is honestly a car that leaves most all of us without words.

this car has since the beginning been a nod to the spirit of days gone by and memories not easily forgotten. many of us here remember the first time we sat in a camaro/firebird/fbod and turned that switchblade key to the tune of a wonderful engine.

i know i sure do, i feel in love with fbods when i was 13. a red second gen firebird was my downfall. years later i sat in my first '78 camaro, and now i cruise with my restored (daily driven!) '73 Z28...

something that seems (esp in the past weeks) to have been forgotten is that saying that was once uttered still applies: "keep the faith..."

some of you dont like certain aspects of the cars' progression, some nit pick, some love, some just want one in their driveway...

what's important to keep in mind, is that the people; who have been charged with the duty of reviving a brand (years out of cycle), are not just making a car... they are bringing back an icon.

through the wonderful (hah) regulations, restrictions, and requirements that are imposed on what was once just a drawing on paper, we've come to the home stretch of what is guareented to be the best camaro ever made.

so keep in mind, when you open your mouths (or rather type with your fingers); that each facet of what you see today has been derived never through the lack of trying or by lazyness but via the blood, sweat, and tears of people making what were all hoping for:

a camaro that will take your breath away...

-an ode to those of you who are bringing back a car i (we) love

bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:06 AM   #2
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
hey all, first post here; though i've been lurking for a long while now...

just wanted to put together a side by side by side by side comparison of the camaro as it's come along from concept, to iver, to prepro, to rpo test, to that the silver beauty recently spotted, that and a shout out to some certain people.

---

where i work, i've been fortunate enough to have known about this car for more then a few years now. back then i stared at images of the concept before it was out, then the concept itself as it sat in front of me on north old woodward just south of the 555 building apts.

as time has gone by, we've been delivered an amazing progression of what is honestly a car that leaves most all of us without words.

this car has since the beginning been a nod to the spirit of days gone by and memories not easily forgotten. many of us here remember the first time we sat in a camaro/firebird/fbod and turned that switchblade key to the tune of a wonderful engine.

i know i sure do, i feel in love with fbods when i was 13. a red second gen firebird was my downfall. years later i sat in my first '78 camaro, and now i cruise with my restored (daily driven!) '73 Z28...

something that seems (esp in the past weeks) to have been forgotten is that saying that was once uttered still applies: "keep the faith..."some of you dont like certain aspects of the cars' progression, some nit pick, some love, some just want one in their driveway...

what's important to keep in mind, is that the people; who have been charged with the duty of reviving a brand (years out of cycle), are not just making a car... they are bringing back an icon.

through the wonderful (hah) regulations, restrictions, and requirements that are imposed on what was once just a drawing on paper, we've come to the home stretch of what is guareented to be the best camaro ever made.

so keep in mind, when you open your mouths (or rather type with your fingers); that each facet of what you see today has been derived never through the lack of trying or by lazyness but via the blood, sweat, and tears of people making what were all hoping for:

a camaro that will take your breath away...

-an ode to those of you who are bringing back a car i (we) love

I have to nominate this as one of the "best first-posts, ever!"

KEEP THE FAITH

To the OP: "Welcome!! to the site!!!"
Old 06-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
I'll second the nomination!!

KEEP THE FAITH

Welcome to the site!!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
ill third that. And welcome to .
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
welcome

welcome to the board its definitley got my vote as well.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WELCOME! Again, great post. I couldn't have thought a better way to post what you had any better.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #7
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
I have to nominate this as one of the "best first-posts, ever!"

KEEP THE FAITH

To the OP: "Welcome!! to the site!!!"
all in favor? I
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Cool, oh and CTRL+R to hide the rulers.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
rulers rock...
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
We should have a "Camaro5.com Camaro Collage Competition" god that's a lot of C's...
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
We should have a "Camaro5.com Camaro Collage Competition" god that's a lot of C's...
so was the original chevy muscle car line up

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
so was the original chevy muscle car line up
lol you're right. Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle, and something else, escapes me at the moment, but you're right.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Impala?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
cornado i belive?
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote