Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
KC2013ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Car was just ceramic coated today and this is what she looks like!

Just got her ceramic coated today. This is the final product. Haven't been home yet to see her in person but here she is. Pardon a little surface rust on the rotors. Have that all cleaned up soon lol. The engine bay is done too, just no pics yet.
Attached Images

KC2013ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Damn!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Looks awesome!!!!
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Ok, I’ll ask, what is ceramic coating?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Did you use something like cquartz finest? I have used it and it is awesome. If that is what you used get some reload by carpro, and keep on the car after a wash, your ceramic coating will last for many many years.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
She looks really good!!!
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #7
KC2013ZL1

Actually my buddy has a detailing business. Has had it for about 10 years. Damn good at what he does. Some of the high end stuff he does is absolutely insane. He uses the same stuff. One of those 1000-1300 dollar deals at a friendly discount. Otherwise I prob couldn't afford it or justify it lol. He even got out the rock chips and few scratches I had. I don't see 1 rock chip on the car. I'm not 100% up to date on my product because I'm not a detailer lol. But he used ceramic pro 9H and ceramic pro light. Did something on the windshield. All the windows and the wheels. Even did a little under the hood. I didn't het home until late so I couldn't take pics myself. I'll get some this weekend. Supposed to rain tomorrow here and Friday. Not supposed to drive it for 3 or 4 days.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:41 PM   #8
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-10 View Post
Ok, I’ll ask, what is ceramic coating?
https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2014...ersible-error/
I found this article helpful. The comments below it also revealing.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #9
KC2013ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2014...ersible-error/
I found this article helpful. The comments below it also revealing.

This seems to be pretty much a negatively opinionated based article on the whole idea of what I did. All I know is that it looks great and I don't feel like I wasted my money. Personally it seems like you are trying to shit on my parade. Instead of sharing a negative opinion on something someone is proud of, try biting your tongue and just being happy for someone or take your opinions somewhere else. This was supposed to be a show and tell post. Not a " criticise my decision" post. If you are honestly that much of emotional cripple that you have to try to bring others down about something they should be happy and proud of then i challenge you to re-evaluate your own being before judging others people's choices. I guess I brought this on myself. I forgot that society was a place where if someone doesn't agree, it's wrong. Maybe I thought it would be a little different within a " family " that obviously shared the same interest. Sorry for my rant everyone. Please, feel free to say yay or nay on the photos. 😊
Old 10-11-2017, 01:26 AM   #10
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Looks very good...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:26 AM   #11
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Wowwwieeer!!!

Looks amazing man !!! She is a beauty !!enjoy !!!
Old 10-11-2017, 05:32 AM   #12
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Looks GREAT
Old 10-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #13
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2013ZL1 View Post
This seems to be pretty much a negatively opinionated based article on the whole idea of what I did. All I know is that it looks great and I don't feel like I wasted my money. Personally it seems like you are trying to shit on my parade. Instead of sharing a negative opinion on something someone is proud of, try biting your tongue and just being happy for someone or take your opinions somewhere else. This was supposed to be a show and tell post. Not a " criticise my decision" post. If you are honestly that much of emotional cripple that you have to try to bring others down about something they should be happy and proud of then i challenge you to re-evaluate your own being before judging others people's choices. I guess I brought this on myself. I forgot that society was a place where if someone doesn't agree, it's wrong. Maybe I thought it would be a little different within a " family " that obviously shared the same interest. Sorry for my rant everyone. Please, feel free to say yay or nay on the photos. 😊
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"! Without question you have one beautiful set of wheels. The detailed process of applying the ceramic coating is an exact application. Majority of the people who attempt using this product fail to follow the instruction, hence a poor turnout, hence a negative review. The use of this product is for the "professional" not the every day detailer.

I also own a 1996 Impala SS that has just over 9K on the clock, never seen snow, dirt roads and she has never be left outside at night! I have used some of the worlds finest waxes that have had nothing but raving reviews, the shine I have on my black beauty does not compare to yours. I would without question use your detailer. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Your car rocks!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #14
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Stunning.

I just jumped into the ceramic coating world this past spring and tried Adams line of ceramic coatings (Paint, Wheel and Trim). Began with the wife's new '17 GTI, then did the Camaro, then my fathers 04 GTO. The stuff is simply amazing.

Washing a car that's been ceramic coated is unbelievable too as the dirt literally falls right off the paint with the blast of a hose. Nothing sticks to it.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote