Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #477

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Wow that's pro stuff!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #478
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Hey Trailbreaker....think its time for a new avatar??????????? maybe this would be better......just joking...I couldn't resist.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #479
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Hey Trailbreaker....think its time for a new avatar??????????? maybe this would be better......just joking...I couldn't resist.

CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!! Sorry Trailbreaker New York all day!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #480
SILVERHAWK

2 Reminders......................

The Cape May Cruise Oct 27th........check out First State F Body for up to date info.

Meetup........... Saturday November 3rd 2pm @ Buffalo Wild Wings 650 Bay Rd Dover.

If you are going to make either event post up.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #481
ChevyXtC

Drives: '10 CGM SS/RS LS3
Should be able to attend the BWW meet.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #482
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Looks like I may be good for the meetup on the 3rd.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #483
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:

HAHAHA! Your funny, seriously though I did have to change my avatar & signature to these due to a bet I had on a different board, plus I have to wear a Giants jersey this weekend while watching football with my family.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #484
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
HAHAHA! Your funny, seriously though I did have to change my avatar & signature to these due to a bet I had on a different board, plus I have to wear a Giants jersey this weekend while watching football with my family.

Oh damn!!!!!!!!! now thats funny right there.........cudos to you for honoring your bets...... that game surprised the hell out of me to be honest.

side note....you gonna be able to make it on the 3rd?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #485
BigBlue2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM A6
I will be at BWW on the third.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #486
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
nitro are my next tires im going for.. ive heard alot of good stuff about them and they arnt as much $$$

Thanks !
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #487
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Oh damn!!!!!!!!! now thats funny right there.........cudos to you for honoring your bets...... that game surprised the hell out of me to be honest.

side note....you gonna be able to make it on the 3rd?
Yes right now, but things could change between now and then. This will be my last one for the year.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #488
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheaccount View Post
Soccer game is going to keep me from making this one. Think the weather wil cooperate for a December meet-up?

Question.
Any recommendations for a set of tires? Car has been sitting for a month because of the state of my tires. I 've gotten almost 40,000 out my Pirellis and it's time for a new set. I'm not planning on new Pirellis so, has anyone tried other brands and what did you think about them?

Also, nice shots George and Julian.

Heard good things about the General GMAX tires and they are inexpensive and all season.... BlueBox bought a set for winter, but I don't think he has used them other than the drive home from the shop and then he took them back off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
Yes right now, but things could change between now and then. This will be my last one for the year.

I think this may be the last one......thats what we talked about last time.....
The only way I can see having one more is if we get one of those freak weekends in early December where it hits the 60's but that will most likely be a last minute kind of deal.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #489
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
Quote:
Question.
Any recommendations for a set of tires? Car has been sitting for a month because of the state of my tires. I 've gotten almost 40,000 out my Pirellis and it's time for a new set. I'm not planning on new Pirellis so, has anyone tried other brands and what did you think about them?
Yeah, I got GMAX A06 all seasons for winter. They're v-treads (directional) not asymmetric, so they might get noisy at some point and there's no rotating them at all with a staggered setup. Might think twice if you're planning on running them year-round. They're more quiet than the Pirelli's and ride nice, just a bit more squirrelly than summer rubber. They were relatively inexpensive though. Since I only put on a dozen miles a day and won't run them more than a few months in the winter, they should last long enough...

I'm running Nitto Invo summers now, and really like them more than I thought I would. Quiet, smooth and sticky. I'm a Michelin type guy, but they don't make super sports in our stock 28" diameters, and those are overkill (and overpriced) for an SS.

Would definitely consider spending a few more bucks for the Nitto Motivo all seasons if going year-round, as they have our stock sizes and are asymmetric. Good reviews of them in either C&D or R&T, sounds like they perform as well as most summer tires.

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

Last edited by bluebox; 10-21-2012 at 08:33 PM.
bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #490
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I looked at the Nitto Motivos and I am considering them. Did a little research myself on Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals- They are a little more expensive than the GMAX but they are asymmetric. Anyone have any experience with these?

the Firestone shop we had the show at hasn't had anything bad to say about the Wide Ovals....but then again they are summer compound like the PZeros.....so no help in the cold. I wasn't aware that wide ovals came in our size as well...... I was going to put Wide Ovals on my 4th gen until they told me they were summer tires...so I went with Bridgestone Potenza AE960 "Pole Positions" and was very happy with them....at the time they were rated pretty damn close to Goodyear F1's.
My buddy John at that Firestone has put Nittos on a few of his buddy's Mustangs and was impressed by their performance so far.......grip being much better for the amount of power being put to the rear...but the question would be the longevity of the tread. (probably a soft compound that would wear quickly)