Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

View Poll Results: Who wants the HUD system available ASAP?
Yes! GM, I want my HUD system available ASAP!! 119 81.51%
No, I do not care the HUD. 27 18.49%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I want HUD really bad.I forgot who said it, but they said it best " NO HUD NO DEAL"
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
I want HUD really bad.I forgot who said it, but they said it best " NO HUD NO DEAL"
+ 1
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #17
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
question can you move the hud ummmmm projection? right? to be able to see it better?
Yes, they generally have a dial to move the reflection up and down to make up for different driver heights. No side to side movement, but then the reflection is designed not to go to the side, i.e. passenger wont be able to see it.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
kalioaklandg
Sydewayz to the next bloc

Drives: 2005 Nissan Maxima
this is a good thing we need it when your flooring it and smoking up the scene who wants to look down and see what the mph or rpm's are at if it was right there in your face i believe it would be less accidents unless your one of those folks who can onle concentrate on one this at a time.....
kalioaklandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I voted Yes, but i want them to take their time and do it right, i don't need it asap cause i can't afford the car yet, but It will be an option that my car will not live without...
Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #20
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
I voted Yes, but i want them to take their time and do it right, i don't need it asap cause i can't afford the car yet, but It will be an option that my car will not live without...
Its fine that they take their time. I do not mean that the HUD has to be out when the car comes out but they are planning to add the HUD in Model year 2011!! Thats WAY too LONG! 6 months after the car comes out sounds fine with me. But not a 2 year wait!!
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #21
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
The HUD was not a deal breaker for me, and it was very spiffy looking in the Vettes I test drove to get a feel for a Hurst shifter.

Had it been available/will be made available before round 1 goes into production, i'd change my order to include it as long as it was not crazy expensive ($1k+ it's neat, but not that neat)
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
The HUD was not a deal breaker for me, and it was very spiffy looking in the Vettes I test drove to get a feel for a Hurst shifter.

Had it been available/will be made available before round 1 goes into production, i'd change my order to include it as long as it was not crazy expensive ($1k+ it's neat, but not that neat)
In the GMC Acadia the HUD is a $350 option, why would it cost anymore in a Camaro?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #23
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Doesn't matter, the HUD will be standard on 2SS in 2011.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:34 AM   #24
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
The biggest thing I want to know is will the 2010 Camaro be prewired with a spot ready for it on the dash so we can get a dealer install when it does come out? Or does the 2011 have a different dash molded and wires made 1 model year later so that the above isn't possible?
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #25
questar999
King Of The Door

Drives: 500SL,645CI,C6,DTS
HUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
The biggest thing I want to know is will the 2010 Camaro be prewired with a spot ready for it on the dash so we can get a dealer install when it does come out? Or does the 2011 have a different dash molded and wires made 1 model year later so that the above isn't possible?
You would need to replace the windshield as well. The HUD option has a specific area of the windshield that the image is reflected on.
questar999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #26
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by questar999 View Post
You would need to replace the windshield as well. The HUD option has a specific area of the windshield that the image is reflected on.
Right, but is all this going to be on the 2010 model or not? I heard that what we are waiting for is on the electronic manufacturers end... GM makes the windshield, so are they making a different windshield next year, or is the HUD windshield going to be on the 2010 car???
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #27
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Right, but is all this going to be on the 2010 model or not? I heard that what we are waiting for is on the electronic manufacturers end... GM makes the windshield, so are they making a different windshield next year, or is the HUD windshield going to be on the 2010 car???
if they dont have the hud in the car they aren't going to pay extra to put a hud specialzed winshield in, thats just common sense.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
GamerGuyZ28
5TH GEN BURNOUTS!

Drives: 95 Z28, and a 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Don't want it, don't need it, just another piece of techno crap that makes the car cost more and something else that can screw up after the warrenty goes out and cost a bizillion dollars to get fixed...

(I just think for a street car it is not needed, just something to make your buddies go "Oooooh".)
Actually it is perfect for a street car, see when you get into a red-light race you dont have to glance down at your gauges to see your tach and speedo, thus preventing serious mistakes at speed. And making your friends go oooh and aaah is one of the reasons people buy Camaro's.
GamerGuyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote