Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
My car got possessed!

No, not repossessed... I think it's possessed! Well, maybe that's a strong term... but here's the dealio:

The Camaro is mine... my DD, my regular ride. Once in a blue moon, my wife takes it for a spin here or there... but this is not often.

I generally listen to XM... I've got a few channels that it stays on, all of my presets have the channels I listen to. There's on AM station on the presets, which I stab a button for now and then to get local news. However, I don't listen to FM radio...

But, whenever my wife drives the car, she'll return from her to excursion and mention that she can't believe that I've been listening to (fill in the blank with the call letters of some lame FM station). She says that's what was on the radio when she started the car. And... it's pretty much that way EVERY time she gets in the car: My radio fires up, already set to some bizarrely NOT- my- style station.

When I get in the car, it's always--- ALWAYS--- on the station where I left it last... as would be expected. Never on these wacky FM stations that my wife encounters whenever she fires the car up.

So, the other night, we were both in the car. I was driving, when, bam, out of the blue, the station changed from the XM channel it was set on to some FM station that she listens to when she is in the car.

WHAT THE...?!?

Does the key fob have any radio programming features? Like I mentioned, the other night, when the thing just spontaneously changed stations, my wife was in the car with me... as were her keys, including her Camaro key fob. My key was in the ignition, but HER key was inside her purse, in the car with us... Did the car randomly pick up on some setting from HER key fob?

Why does the car do goofy things with channel/ station changes when she is in the car?

To make the mystery deepen, we've been unable to recreate any of these anomolies intentionally. Nothing weird happens when we TRY to test any of the theories.

No drugs/ alcohol were involved that evening. Well, okay, sure, maybe SOME, but very little. Neither one of us has been certified as crazy, and while that's not proof that we are not, it's not evidence that we ARE.

Can anybody enlighten me?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
I had a similar mystery with my climate control settings changing on my other GM vehicle and it occured everytime on-star ran their monthly diagnostic report.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Casper likes Camaros.

Seriously, it's happened to me a few times too, to the point where I checked the car sober.

And I never check the car sober.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Smudge the Camaro as soon as you get a chance (burn sage).
Old 04-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
NewbieDIYer

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Blue Ray Metallic
With the radio turning to FM issue, that is due to you using the Bluetooth audio. It defaults to FM when you turn the car off without manually disconnecting the Bluetooth audio
You didn't mention using Bluetooth audio at all, but that always happens to me when I use Bluetooth audio.
NewbieDIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
I had similar issues, took it to the dealer and they did an update on the radio that seems to have solved it.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
roosnam007sag

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieDIYer View Post
With the radio turning to FM issue, that is due to you using the Bluetooth audio. It defaults to FM when you turn the car off without manually disconnecting the Bluetooth audio
You didn't mention using Bluetooth audio at all, but that always happens to me when I use Bluetooth audio.
+1
Old 04-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I was listening to my ipod (connected usb), and when it hit some heavy bass, it changed from iPod to FM. I laughed and thought that was hitting pretty hard to do that.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
It defaults to FM whenever you turn off your car with iPod/iPhone connected and then don't connect it when the stereo comes on next time.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote