Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
miguelfranco

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
Rattling noice in low RPM and low gear help wanted!

About a month ago a started hearing a rattling noise (metal to metal) when I'm in low RPM and a low gear and accelerator is applied.

For example, if you are (in a stock Camaro SS) in 4th gear at 30mph and you apply the accelerator you can hear the noise between 31mph and 32mph.

Now, this does not happen in 4th gear only. It's more a rattling noise that occurs at a certain frquency of the engine sound.

If someone can help me with this I would really apeciate it very much.

The dealer just ordered a new exhaust system because they think it may be it. One of the mechanics was with me in the car to hear the sound and he said it may be a heat guard.
miguelfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm glad to hear your dealer is helping your with this. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give any suggestions on what it could be but if you need help getting this addressed by your dealer let me know. I hope they're able to take care of this for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
miguelfranco

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm glad to hear your dealer is helping your with this. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give any suggestions on what it could be but if you need help getting this addressed by your dealer let me know. I hope they're able to take care of this for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Wow cool! Thanks a lot Mr Morris. I would definately let u know. This is why I love Chevrolet! Great customer service!
miguelfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
maldon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/Sunroof
Same problem, dealer wouldn't help

I have the exact same problem. Please let me know if yours gets fixed by the dealer.

I've been meaning to take mine in to another dealer, but arranging transport for the days it will take them to accomplish nothing is tricky.

If they fix your problem, I can perhaps quote you and suggest exactly what they need to do.
maldon is offline   Reply With Quote