Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #379
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
A response to what? Nobody has mentioned your name at all.
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #380
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@ST View Post
Subscribed..respose is pending. I see alot of Kenne Bell bashing..which is BS, and some things Kenne Bell missed. Gonna try to finish reading the thread, and hopefully get a response up in a few hours in between dyno appoinments. Thanks Adam@ST
The “Bashing” that Tuners in the know would call “Facts” are in direct response to KB’s Arrogance that their product has no inherent problems...
Old 07-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #381
Adam@ST

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
A response to what? Nobody has mentioned your name at all.
Your right...Im going to make a statement to add to the conversation. I did not intend to seem defensive. I have done my own testing in house and will contribute to the thread . Thanks Adam@ST
Adam@ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #382
Adam@ST

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
The “Bashing” that Tuners in the know would call “Facts” are in direct response to KB’s Arrogance that their product has no inherent problems...
Sorry you feel Kenne Bell is arrogant and has no issues with their product ,but thats your opinion, and I respect that.
My opinion is ,Kenne Bell has posted factual data, that is repeatable over and over again, with several scenarios , a description of the testing procedure , and calculations that apply to the real world. I wouldnt call that arrogance, but knowing your product, the quality of the product, and standing behind it .
I have and work on all 3 American Platforms, and have worked with just about every FI product on the market. I have been doing some data logging comparisons of the various kits compared to Kenne Bells 2.8 Mammouth.
Thanks Adam@ST
Adam@ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #383
WhoMadeWho
Liberty vs Tyranny

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 Inferno Orange
There's a well known tuner in the Jacksonville FL area that Kenn Bell jammed just because he suggested an improvement to their Mustang SC offering.

They have proved themselves to be closed minded and arrogant. Moreover, their SC offering for the Camaro is bush league compared to the E-Force, Whipple and Magnacharger.

Even Janetty had to fabricate a new intake tube to make their SC easier to tune.
WhoMadeWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #384
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS purchased 5/2010
Quote:
Sorry you feel Kenne Bell is arrogant and has no issues with their product ,but thats your opinion, and I respect that.
My opinion is ,Kenne Bell has posted factual data, that is repeatable over and over again, with several scenarios , a description of the testing procedure , and calculations that apply to the real world. I wouldnt call that arrogance, but knowing your product, the quality of the product, and standing behind it .
I have and work on all 3 American Platforms, and have worked with just about every FI product on the market. I have been doing some data logging comparisons of the various kits compared to Kenne Bells 2.8 Mammouth.
Thanks Adam@ST
Please share with us your data logging of the IATS on the track with the KB 2.8 LC. Thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #385
Matt@KB

Drives: 67 Camaro
I run the Tech Dept I am not familiar with this suggestion in Jacksonville? We are always open to suggestions for improving our kits. I look at them all personally. If a shop got "jammed" for offering a suggestion we need the details. Let me know what it was and I'll respond. We may all learn something from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMadeWho View Post
There's a well known tuner in the Jacksonville FL area that Kenn Bell jammed just because he suggested an improvement to their Mustang SC offering.

They have proved themselves to be closed minded and arrogant. Moreover, their SC offering for the Camaro is bush league compared to the E-Force, Whipple and Magnacharger.

Even Janetty had to fabricate a new intake tube to make their SC easier to tune.
Matt@KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #386
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
glad to see that kb has come to the board and is willing to share some knowledge or help us get what we want ...iats in the range of other sc,s... thats all we want...i,m very happy with the appearance , i think it is the nicest looking sc,imo..i believe it is built very well, and has quality...great power....has 1 flaw that is hard to look past...the iats appear to run 40 degrees over the competetion..if i could run in canada 10 months out of the year, this would probably not be as big a issue.. cool down time in florida with a heat factor of 100+ ..is not nearly as good..as others..i am not slamming anyone...or trying to bashing ...stating facts that we have encountered with multiple sc builds...these sc camaro,s are built to run @ the track , but its hard to run if your iats are at the 200+ degree mark on 1 run...
Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #387
WhoMadeWho
Liberty vs Tyranny

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
glad to see that kb has come to the board and is willing to share some knowledge or help us get what we want ...iats in the range of other sc,s... thats all we want...i,m very happy with the appearance , i think it is the nicest looking sc,imo..i believe it is built very well, and has quality...great power....has 1 flaw that is hard to look past...the iats appear to run 40 degrees over the competetion..if i could run in canada 10 months out of the year, this would probably not be as big a issue.. cool down time in florida with a heat factor of 100+ ..is not nearly as good..as others..i am not slamming anyone...or trying to bashing ...stating facts that we have encountered with multiple sc builds...these sc camaro,s are built to run @ the track , but its hard to run if your iats are at the 200+ degree mark on 1 run...
We all have opinions as they say, but have you seen a KB install in person?
WhoMadeWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #388
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
have you read the post, i have the kb 2.8 and was there during the install...have seen more then one..i actually got 1 of the first 50 to ever leave kb...this kb has been on my car since 4/2010..1 year and 3 months..my kb has been dyno,d on 5 different occasions, possibly more..and seen many other sc builds and dyno,d has well..i actually got the 4 1/8 pulley which rubbed the hood, then they went to a 4inch i believe to correct this.. we actually have removed and reinstalled this kb 3 times now, for different reasons..
Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #389
MARZ

Drives: 2010 BMW 335d
Quote:
Thanks Adam@ST
No one is disputing the fact that Kenne Bell is very thorough with their testing (I'm sure every supercharger manufacturer is). If the high IAT claims and other issues were being brought to light by competitors such as Whipple or Magnuson, I'd say you were on to something. Though, when you have not only tuners (tuners who, for the most part, appear to be impartial and merely trying to help) but actual customers who run Kenne Bell's product saying there is something seriously wrong, you can throw all the data you want at me and cast suspicion upon the tuners all you want, that's as real-world and impartial as it gets, IMO. Where are they wrong?
MARZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #390
MJ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
To me the KB looks great under the hood, makes gobs of power... but could use some improvements that Ted is looking into. Car is at JRE as I type.
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #391
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ View Post
To me the KB looks great under the hood, makes gobs of power... but could use some improvements that Ted is looking into. Car is at JRE as I type.
When are you picking it up? You must be away on business bc I could never see you being without that car for this long!

And I do agree. Nothing looks as intimidating as that blower. Especailly in chrome.Hell, most people don't even reconize the blower on my car.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #392
Tyler@ExtremePerformance

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Supercharged... No on can notice cause you are down the track before anyone can look at it =)!
Tyler@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote