Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Exclamation GM dominates list of finalists

GM dominates list of finalists for car, truck of the year
December 12, 2007

BY MARK PHELAN

FREE PRESS AUTO CRITIC

General Motors accounts for four of the six finalists for 2008 North American Car and Truck of the Year, the panel of journalists who present the award announced in a news conference at Cobo Center in Detroit today.

The Cadillac CTS sport sedan and Chevrolet Malibu midsize sedan are finalists for car of the year. The Buick Enclave crossover SUV and Chevrolet Tahoe hybrid SUV are finalists for truck of the year. The other finalists are the Honda Accord midsize sedan and Mazda CX-9 crossover SUV.

The winners will be announced at a news conference of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit Jan. 13.

The strong showing is the latest good news in what's been a very good award season for GM's 2008 models. Motor Trend magazine named the CTS its car of the year. The Tahoe hybrid won Green Car of the Year. The CTS and Malibu are both among Car And Driver magazine's list of the the ten best cars. The Malibu made Automobile magazine's all stars list.

Forty-seven American and Canadian auto writers, including Free Press auto critic Mark Phelan, select the North American Car and Truck of the Year. The awards have been presented every year since 1994.

Jurors evaluate every new vehicle introduced in a year and chose the car and truck of the year based on criteria that include value, innovation, significance and performance.

General Motors won North American Car and Truck of the Year honors for 2007 with the Saturn Aura and Chevrolet Silverado.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I love hearing things like this
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

I'm loving it!!! GM is back in the game, and on the fast-track to the top. And anybody who says otherwise can suck on the above! I can't wait until the Camaro comes out, just to wipe the competition clean with another, performance enhanced GM-punch! BAM!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I always wondered how they came up w/ car/truck of the year. That's awesome that GM has 4 of the 6 vehicles up for best auto of the year. That says a hell of a lot about GM.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote