Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #197
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Chris, get the tune straight with vince and see if it get any better. AFR in the 10's seem too rich. At what RPM are you seeing the 10's by the way?

I didn't even realize you already got the car back and out on the track. Good for you!

-------------------------------------------------------
Jay@Mace Engineering USA
Velocityport410@gmail.com

Home of the 31hp/33tq Ported intake/25mm Insulator!
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #198
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
Chris, get the tune straight with vince and see if it get any better. AFR in the 10's seem too rich. At what RPM are you seeing the 10's by the way?

I didn't even realize you already got the car back and out on the track. Good for you!
Yeah I've had the car back for less than 2 weeks, haha.

AFR in the 10's is VERY rich, Tracy and Vince were saying it should be mid 11's and even 12 is OK. So you figure that, and this thing is pig rich...

TBH I'm not too sure when the really rich 10's kick in. I was focused on watching so many different gauges, AND the road which is why I mounted the camera lol. I reviewed the video again and I'd say around 3,000 rpms. 3rd gear is such a long gear and compared to first and second just feels like a wimp
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #199
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

***UPDATE***

OK, so I got an email from Vince just now and reviewed a couple of data logs I took at the drag strip. His exact response "Your fuel system isn’t holding up. 1st is OK, but 2nd is worse, and 3rd is really bad." So it looks like I either need to get the normal pulley from Tracy OR get the high pressure fuel pump. However Vince told me (a few weeks ago) that the tune for the HPFP hasn't been figured out yet and he honestly doesn't even know if it will work.

So it appears to me that we (anyone with an OD pulley) are in a bit of a pickle...
Old 07-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #200
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
***UPDATE***

OK, so I got an email from Vince just now and reviewed a couple of data logs I took at the drag strip. His exact response "Your fuel system isn’t holding up. 1st is OK, but 2nd is worse, and 3rd is really bad." So it looks like I either need to get the normal pulley from Tracy OR get the high pressure fuel pump. However Vince told me (a few weeks ago) that the tune for the HPFP hasn't been figured out yet and he honestly doesn't even know if it will work.

So it appears to me that we (anyone with an OD pulley) are in a bit of a pickle...
Ok.. that makes absolutely NO SENSE... You were running RICH, NOT LEAN! If the HPFP wasn't holding up your car would be going lean!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #201
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Yeah I've had the car back for less than 2 weeks, haha.

AFR in the 10's is VERY rich, Tracy and Vince were saying it should be mid 11's and even 12 is OK. So you figure that, and this thing is pig rich...

TBH I'm not too sure when the really rich 10's kick in. I was focused on watching so many different gauges, AND the road which is why I mounted the camera lol. I reviewed the video again and I'd say around 3,000 rpms. 3rd gear is such a long gear and compared to first and second just feels like a wimp
Looking at my setup I start in the low 12s and then the AFR works it way down to the upper 11s...

Old 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #202
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok.. that makes absolutely NO SENSE... You were running RICH, NOT LEAN! If the HPFP wasn't holding up your car would be going lean!
Hi !

When the HPRailpump gets Pressure deviation more then 20 bar , the ECU will go into LIMP-MODE and close the trottle-body for engine protection !

When you allow the HighPressure System more pressure deviation to keep the ECU out of the limp mode the AFM WILL GO LEAN anyway and not RICH !

To adapt the HPFP is an easy job with only a dozen maps to change , but when the new Railpump piston ist WAY tooo big , then you need to modify the rail pressure control valve , to prevent too high Railpressure at idle with fully open original rail pressure control valve or make the new Railpump piston smaller !!

that effect cant fixed by Software ... only in the hardware !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #203
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Well I don't have the HPFP, I'm saying if there is an issue with the fuel system not keeping up I might need the HPFP. However you bring a good point and I emailed Vince asking how the heck I'm running really rich IF the fuel system isn't keeping up..

This has me very confused
Old 07-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #204
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

You have a HPFP, it is just the STOCK one.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #205
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
You have a HPFP, it is just the STOCK one.
Ok well those of us who still have a Camaro Refer to the aftermarket fuel pump as the HPFP. That's why I was confused.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #206
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
So, are you spraying meth? If so, how much and is it 100%?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #207
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Derrick has a good point. If you spraying you need to go 50/50 or turn it off and run it. This will let you go lean a little more.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #208
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Nope, BUT I am using the super chiller, which gets my IAT temps to mid 60's low 70's
Old 07-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #209
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Were you measuring the AFR with a sniffer as well as your wideband when you had it on the dyno? If so, did they read close to the same?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #210
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
I sure would like to see Vince be able to tune our SC cars for the 2'' over drive pulley.There is a post where Tracy has a 1'' over drive and 1.5'' over drive pulleys.Maybe the 1.5 over drive would be better for our cars with the stock HPFP .Maybe someone close to RX could go try the 1.5 over drive and see how it works.MR GOOD is close maybe he could test it out for us.I dont know how Gretchen is making out with the tuning with the new HPFP,if they can get it to work then im guessing we will be ok with the big over drive pulley.