Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
atiprocharger

Drives: Black 2018 Camaro ZL1 auto
Angry I hit some road debris with my 1le :-(

So, going down I85 in a line of cars....all of us going about 70 and its 550 am......no coffee yet....the guy in front of me swerves, but I dont.......Then the noise of dunk dunk......of my front driver side wheel and back wheel going over something.....I pull into work, give the car a once over (its still dark) and see no visible damage...YAY!! Fast forward one week, I have my car washed and its pointed out to me that the driver side fog light is pushed into the front lower cowling. Just sitting in there.... My question is this...Does anyone know of a diagram of the fog light assembly online? I want to see if anything is missing/broken when I open up the bottom and try to re install the light.....thanks!
atiprocharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
This is a bit unrelated, but it is how I handled a similar situation. I hit some standing water going too fast. It pushed the right side inner fender past the fender in the wheel well and pushed the trim out of the left fog light assembly. I had the car in for an oil change and they got me the trim and handled the labor under warranty. See if you might not be able to get the same service as well.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Broke Pilot

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE,'68 Chevelle,'70 Vette
I had a piece of retread kicked up right into my fog light... Night time, go figure. The light assembly just pops into the bumper, and it's not incredibly tight to begin with. Jack up the nose and you can reach up in there from the center of the car I believe and you can even poke your head up to see it all in there. There's really not much to break In there,just a projector in a plastic housing that snaps into the bumper, so just compare to the other side and if all looks well, snap it back in place. No worries...
Old 12-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Yeah what Broke Pilot said. I've had the front end off and was surprised how little there is to the fog lights. Don't sweat it...you'll get it looking right in no time.
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
atiprocharger

Drives: Black 2018 Camaro ZL1 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
I had a piece of retread kicked up right into my fog light... Night time, go figure. The light assembly just pops into the bumper, and it's not incredibly tight to begin with. Jack up the nose and you can reach up in there from the center of the car I believe and you can even poke your head up to see it all in there. There's really not much to break In there,just a projector in a plastic housing that snaps into the bumper, so just compare to the other side and if all looks well, snap it back in place. No worries...
Thanks for the info! I raised it, took out a couple of lower fairing/fender scres and popped it back in! At least it wasnt broken. Crazy how they just pop out like that.....