Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
The good part about Red Dead Redemption

We had a good discussion on this game here. Based on that I bought a used copy on ebay for $30 shipped and I really enjoyed it. I tried to get into the online multi player and I just couldn't. Way to many far more skilled players than me it just was more of a chore. I like new challenges too, so I didn't really feel like playing the game over again (its a long ass game too), so back on to ebay it went, and sold, for $39 plus shipping. I basically made $9 to play this game!

Moral of the story, never sell your games to Gamestop!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Heheh, nice! Haven't played that in quite a while. I hate trading or selling games though, I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to that
Old 10-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Heheh, nice! Haven't played that in quite a while. I hate trading or selling games though, I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to that
My whole life I have sold games to buy new ones, now especially with an apartment I barely have room for extra stuff, so anything I am not using, goes on ebay. Sometimes I've gotten lazy with it.

Learned my lesson when I got rid of my PS2 for my PS3, I had a whole bunch of games I hadn't played in 5 years that if I had sold when I stopped playing them I would have gotten a few bucks instead of 99 cents each.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm a bit of a horder, too, but I'm starting to let older games go for newer ones. I can't explain why I keep them and don't play them, but I'm getting better, lol.

I really like the single player of this game. I, too, became frustrated, almost immediately, with multiplayer. I didn't enjoy any of the other people on-line at all and it was just frustrating to have to play with them. I don't find nearly the same level of frustration as I do with other multiplayer games I engage it... Maybe it's just me... I really like this game though!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm a bit of a horder, too, but I'm starting to let older games go for newer ones. I can't explain why I keep them and don't play them, but I'm getting better, lol.

I really like the single player of this game. I, too, became frustrated, almost immediately, with multiplayer. I didn't enjoy any of the other people on-line at all and it was just frustrating to have to play with them. I don't find nearly the same level of frustration as I do with other multiplayer games I engage it... Maybe it's just me... I really like this game though!!!
One thing I hated tremendously about multiplayer is the inability to "Mute All". This feature is golden in Uncharted 2 which I play online alot as the amount of morons, and stupid kids, etc that are on there that seem to enjoy hearing themselves talk is insane. I couldn't stand having to hear racial slurs and just overall douchiness all the time. That and there was really nowhere for beginners to play, you could barely walk anywhere in the open world without getting lit up, then as soon as you respawn get lit up again when all i wanted to do was pick a f'ing flower.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
when all i wanted to do was pick a f'ing flower.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I always traded my games in as soon as I beat them to get the maximum amout possible out of them. Then the quality DLC started coming, and it's getting harder and harder to get rid of games right away. There a numerous games I regret getting rid of before the DLC came out, and I find it hard to buy the game again. The only game I've ever bought back was Gears of War 2 as GOW is just about my favorite game ever. Bought the GOTY edition with all of the DLC codes in the game.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
One thing I hated tremendously about multiplayer is the inability to "Mute All". This feature is golden in Uncharted 2 which I play online alot as the amount of morons, and stupid kids, etc that are on there that seem to enjoy hearing themselves talk is insane. I couldn't stand having to hear racial slurs and just overall douchiness all the time. That and there was really nowhere for beginners to play, you could barely walk anywhere in the open world without getting lit up, then as soon as you respawn get lit up again when all i wanted to do was pick a f'ing flower.
DING DING DING!!! Exactly!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Just take off your headset. Mute in full effect!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Just take off your headset. Mute in full effect!
I don't even have a headset, and when you don't have one the voice chat plays through your speakers.

Considering the idiots I hear in some of these games I have no desire to buy a headset either.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I don't even have a headset, and when you don't have one the voice chat plays through your speakers.

Considering the idiots I hear in some of these games I have no desire to buy a headset either.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Not sure about the PS3.

On the Xbox you can change a setting on your console to chat/audio to friends only.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
Not sure about the PS3.

On the Xbox you can change a setting on your console to chat/audio to friends only.
I gotta' get a look in there at that again...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  116.0 KB

This should work, I think you just skip step three. I'm at work, so I can't test it...

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote