Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
SpeedKiills2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS duh...
Outselling the mustang

Am i the only one who hates that the camaro is outselling the mustang? I love the camaro but part of that reason is everywhere you go you see mustangs. With the camaro outselling it, soon the camaro will just be an everyday car. I hate mustangs because I wanna be diffrent and not look like every car on the road. But now, I'd blend in less with a 2010 mustang than a 2010 camaro.
SpeedKiills2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
AGM76

Drives: 1995 z28 - 2000 SS - 08' vette
affordable and exclusive don't go together
AGM76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Curt@BMCPerformance

Drives: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
gott mod it and make it yours!! The good thing that it being popular is that the aftermarket will be very attentative. Also 2010 sales should be down seeing as how the 2011 will have the 5.0 so plenty are holding out for that.
Curt@BMCPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKiills2010 View Post
Am i the only one who hates that the camaro is outselling the mustang?
No, plenty of Mustang fans are right there in the boat with you.

Quote:
I love the camaro but part of that reason is everywhere you go you see mustangs. With the camaro outselling it, soon the camaro will just be an everyday car. I hate mustangs because I wanna be diffrent and not look like every car on the road. But now, I'd blend in less with a 2010 mustang than a 2010 camaro.
It's a Camaro. If you want to be the only person in town with a certain kind of car, you're going to have to get a Ferrari or something. I, for one, WANT the Camaro to be appreciated, and I WANT parts to go down for it. I WANT mechanics who have worked on a few before so I'm not their guinea pig.

Simply, you can't have it both ways. If Chevy puts out an awesome-looking, affordable car, people are going to buy it, and buy it they are.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
Yeah, this really is one that pulls both ways, but I am thrilled that the Camaro is doing well. This validates the idea that people want cars like this, and face it, the car HAS to sell well to stay alive. It would suit me fine to see a return to to halcyon days of multiple plants churning out F bodies; I'll trade exclusivity for longevity in a heartbeat (no pun intended).
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I would have paid 10k more for mine. My MSRP was 42k and I would have given 52k (if that were the MSRP, and not mark-up) But I just love this car. Had it been that price, they wouldn't be selling them in the numbers they are. And you'de basically get what the Chally is doing. Selling about half what the others are.

Point being, You gotta pay for it, like the other poster said. And we're not paying for it.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I would have paid 10k more for mine. My MSRP was 42k and I would have given 52k (if that were the MSRP, and not mark-up) But I just love this car. Had it been that price, they wouldn't be selling them in the numbers they are. And you'de basically get what the Chally is doing. Selling about half what the others are.

Point being, You gotta pay for it, like the other poster said. And we're not paying for it.
dont say stuff like that gm might hear it .......
Old 11-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I have actually seen less Camaros than I did before I got mine last month. They are still pretty rare in NC, at least in the Triad area. I've seen at least as many, if not more, Challengers around, even though they were much less produced. I know I'm the only one in the country club with a Camaro in the driveway though! But it's a Camaro and as long as they keep building them, they'll keep selling and we'll see more and more, just like our Mustang counterparts, so make yours unique! Yeah, I wish they were a little bit rarer, but glad to see it helping GM and starting and keeping people enthused about American muscle.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
A lot more camaros will be out there. Chevy already sold 50,000 since they hit retailers. You should know, they are all members of the forum!!!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
As stated previously, go buy a Ferrari if you want rare. Hell, those aren't even that rare anymore.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Thinking only about yourselves, again, eh?

The more Camaros GM sells, the more money they pull in. The more profit, the more inclined GM is to build a 6th generation or a Z28.

GM needs to sell as many as possible to get a return on their investment.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #12
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
The problem with mustangs is the older V6 models lose value very quickly. Like 2000-2004 models you see everywhere but they are all V6. So an average person like me could get one for really cheap. Even with the V6 camaro being lower priced, it isn't affordable by everyone and you won't see one under $10k for a long long time. Even with so many being sold, I go weeks without seeing any Camaros here in Vegas and we're not exactly a small town. You won't see droves of new Camaros for a long time, if ever. They're going to retain their value for a long time.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
For real. You never see any camaros out here in Vegas. The funny thing is you can't really find them in the dealerships out here because the get sold to quickly.
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKiills2010 View Post
Am i the only one who hates that the camaro is outselling the mustang? I love the camaro but part of that reason is everywhere you go you see mustangs. With the camaro outselling it, soon the camaro will just be an everyday car. I hate mustangs because I wanna be diffrent and not look like every car on the road. But now, I'd blend in less with a 2010 mustang than a 2010 camaro.
Yes. Camaro was not the right car to buy if you wanted to be "different". You should have bought a Vette or something.

It's a kickass car, and it's affordable...many, many, many people will buy them. Get used to it. I never really agreed with this line of thinking because it's awfully selfish, and relatively immature. Nothing against you personally....I don't really know what else to say to this.