Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #15
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
dont you have to hold down the trunk button for like 2-3 seconds for it to open?
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #16
chris jd
chris jd

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT w/ RS - 6 Speed

I keep my keys out of my pocket on a carabiner. But yes, the trunk button is the biggest button on the fob on manual transmissions . Maybe I am accidentally hitting it? This is pretty frustrating . I am glad to know that I am not the only one at least, this has been driving me insane. The other thing though is if I am accidentally hitting the trunk button, why not the alarm which is the same size? Or any other buttons? It literally is only the trunk which opens constantly.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #17
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Found my trunk open more times than I liked.

http://sjmautoprod.com/5th-Gen-Camar...Hit-Relay.html
I refuse to pay almost $9 in shipping for this. So unless they drop their shipping fee, I won't buy. This can't weigh more than a couple of ounces. I buy cigars in wooden boxes that come from the other side of the country and pay half that for shipping.
I agree that GM should do something about this though.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #18
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..dang trunk monkey gotta breathe.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #19
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jd View Post

I keep my keys out of my pocket on a carabiner. But yes, the trunk button is the biggest button on the fob on manual transmissions . Maybe I am accidentally hitting it? This is pretty frustrating . I am glad to know that I am not the only one at least, this has been driving me insane. The other thing though is if I am accidentally hitting the trunk button, why not the alarm which is the same size? Or any other buttons? It literally is only the trunk which opens constantly.
Not sure how it is specifically designed, but I hit the trunk button about 20 times as much as the alarm. I think I'm just going to quit wearing pants and wander around in my boxers. Problem solved.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:58 AM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I keep my keys on my belt and when I first got the car I always accidentally opened the trunk when sitting down in customer's cars at work. I got used to holding the keys a certain way but I'm glad I'm not the only one
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #21
GNVenom
Turbos. Turbos. Turbos.

Drives: 2010 SS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K View Post
GM makes a relay kit that changes the trunk so that you click on the remote twice in quick succession to open the deck lid. I don't know the part number or whether it works on your car specifically but I know they have it for the Cruze.
http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=1833
The Cruze/Sonic/Regal/LaCrosse part is different than the Camaro part (different footprint). The service bulletin issued by GM was for the cars that use the "MICRO-ISO" footprint, but not on the Camaro, which uses the "ISO-280" footprint.

Caspers Electronics Inc.
Loveland CO
2010 2SS/RS Yellow/Black > http://www.bummlbe.com
GNVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #22
chris jd
chris jd

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT w/ RS - 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Not sure how it is specifically designed, but I hit the trunk button about 20 times as much as the alarm. I think I'm just going to quit wearing pants and wander around in my boxers. Problem solved.
+1