Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
H&R springs vs. Eibach springs-help.

Doing some homework on lowering springs. Saw H&R's for 233.00 on the internet yet I can't find the site again....shoulda bookmarked it. However in talking to various dealers over the phone they said to beware of that price point for H&R Sports and that they may be Chinese knockoffs. I can get Eibachs for 260.00. What are people's experience with their drops?

I have 6 Camaros, one of them is an SS. Basically, I would like to lower the remaining 5 LT RS's to the SS ride height. Dealers are welcome to PM me too if you think you have a better product and can offer a better deal. I'd rather deal with people on this forum and give them the business as I have learned a great deal here about my car as well as the Camaro culture so if i can give back in some small way, then cool.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
PM sent.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
SIXJAK

I ordered 5 sets of Eibach sports today er yesterday from Chase at Apex. Chase has been pleasant to deal with so far. My buddy will do the install on all 5 cars when they get here sometime next week. Would have liked a little more feed back though from owners pertaining to the change in their ride/handling. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
6 Camaros!

Company cars?
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I ordered 5 sets of Eibach sports today er yesterday from Chase at Apex. Chase has been pleasant to deal with so far. My buddy will do the install on all 5 cars when they get here sometime next week. Would have liked a little more feed back though from owners pertaining to the change in their ride/handling. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I lowered with the Pro Kit back on the 5th of July and love the look and the ride, not to mention all the comments i get. Another member who did his SS did mine and with my help, it took us about 3hrs to do the install and would have been 2.5hrs had we not had to run out to get a pipe and a 24mm socket. Aside from that, the install was smooth and easy. I think you'll like the finish product once done and again, my car still rides good with the exception of those rode cuts were a crew will leave at minimum a 1" straight edge where they're doing road work, you hit one of those and it's hard but it would be hard in any car no matter what. A slight rolled edge on thise or even a little asphalt on the part the part your tires roll up and over on would be a big help but they don't. Again, you can't beat the pluses on this mod.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I lowered with the Pro Kit back on the 5th of July and love the look and the ride, not to mention all the comments i get. Another member who did his SS did mine and with my help, it took us about 3hrs to do the install and would have been 2.5hrs had we not had to run out to get a pipe and a 24mm socket. Aside from that, the install was smooth and easy. I think you'll like the finish product once done and again, my car still rides good with the exception of those rode cuts were a crew will leave at minimum a 1" straight edge where they're doing road work, you hit one of those and it's hard but it would be hard in any car no matter what. A slight rolled edge on thise or even a little asphalt on the part the part your tires roll up and over on would be a big help but they don't. Again, you can't beat the pluses on this mod.
Thank you for the input. Any others are welcome to post their experiences with springs as well. (and to the other person inquiring if they are company cars? Yes. My 5 bros and I use them for intercept marketing for our show SIX in Branson, MO and the cars are a home run. Only bummer is you really have to be very conservative driving them. We had 6 xB's before-very little temptation with those.)

Some of the brothers are a little uneasy about dropping them. They are not gearheads and are hard pressed to tell the difference in ride height between the SS and the V6 and it took a bit of convincing to get them to go along.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #7
Droid6

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I got the Pro-Plus Kit with the sway bars and I took my brother in-law for a ride today and after taking 15mph exit at 50mph he was very impressed (I think he also shit his pants).

2010 Camaro LS: Eibach Pro-Plus Kit, K&N Aircharger, Flowmaster American Thunder, Pioneer Audio
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:54 AM   #8
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post
I got the Pro-Plus Kit with the sway bars and I took my brother in-law for a ride today and after taking 15mph exit at 50mph he was very impressed (I think he also shit his pants).
Ok I'm trying not to laugh and wake up my wife sleeping here next to me but I think you made your point effectively.