Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #99
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dammit. Every option I want is at least in the top 3. Guess I'll be driving the status quo of Camaros. Oh well, who cares. Not me.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #100
BTex68

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.
Id take a 1SS over a 2LT anyday. Its not illogical. Most car people buy Camaros for the engine. Not cause its pretty. If they only made a V6 I wouldn't own a Camaro.
BTex68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #101
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I'm glad that the Red Jewel Tintcoat isn't as popular, I would have liked to get the cloth seats in my 2SS. I think they should also have the electric seat for the passenger side too, my 99 Silverado has it. I don't need a seat heater I need a seat Air Conditioner, Summer in the deep south and leather seats don't go together , you can leave some skin on those seats if you have shorts on. Other than the Red Jewel Tintcoat, the Aqua Blue Metallic would have been the color I would have chosen.

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #102
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
CGM as little as it exists won twice in the colour voting thread says alot about it
Old 05-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #103
BTex68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I'm pretty happy with my 1SS IBM especially since I see how rare it is now. I wanted bluetooth but not so much everything else that came with the 2SS. I could care less about the gauges. I have a spot to put stuff while freeing up my cup holders for their intended purpose. The usb is meh imho. My wife has an ipod, but I go this route throw about 10CD's in MP format on one CD and bam there you go! Only thing I wanted was stereo controlls on the wheel. Since then I have installed them and saved a ton of money vs getting options I didnt want.

Edit: GM failed with how they laid out options I think.
really? the stereo controls are what you wanted? That seems strange to me.
I have them and never use them.
I use the usb everyday as well as the bluetooth
Old 05-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #104
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
im curious on how many manuals vs automatics being sold as well.
You ask too much
Attached Images

Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #105
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanHfuda View Post
CGM as little as it exists won twice in the colour voting thread says alot about it

Ya kind of like someone who buys something thinking its nice and then finds out its actually rubbish... then goes on forums and keeps saying its the best trying to make people believe him and feel like he made the right choice

Im just messing btw.. dont take that seriously
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #106
BTex68

Quote:
I see what you are saying. But 51% of Camaro Owners opted for the 2SS and that is a huge statement against the 1SS made by the graph or sales numbers, NOT me. I read the graph and thats what I understood. When V8 purchasers had the option to go with the 1SS they ignored the model by a significant ratio and I think an assumption can be made there that most owners were thinkin "if I can spend money on a V8, then I can afford the extra 3K"

Parallel that to the 1LT vs 2LT numbers the graph clearly shows a closer competition and obviously just as many 1LT owners saw value in that model because of affordability and no need for the extra options. Hell thats why I went with that model.

I don't think any Camaro model is useless, but the graph clearly shows that consumers don't see almost as much value in a 1SS as a LS model. And those consumers aren't V6 owners they are fellow SS owners who opted for the 2SS model instead.
youre starting to make more sense. I realize you are trying to defend your purchase of the girl model. It's no prob.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #107
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
Quote:
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.

i don't see how it was pointless or illogical for me to buy my 1SS. IMO leather was not needed bluetooth or the other snazzy stuff, all i wanted was a SS/RS with cloth, now you can keep your little LT and i'll rock my LS3 and cloth everything and love it, thank you.
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #108
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

I'm glad I saved the money on the 1SS. I don't need leather in Miami..
Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #109
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
I have the 2SS package (leather) because I wanted it.
GM could or should have let us southern, warm weather people order cloth in an 2ss package. Imagine how the sells would have been between cold and warm weather regions.

2SS Transformer Edition - non-RS 2010 Camaro
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 AM   #110
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
I have the 2SS package (leather) because I wanted it.
GM could or should have let us southern, warm weather people order cloth in an 2ss package. Imagine how the sells would have been between cold and warm weather regions.

2SS Transformer Edition - non-RS 2010 Camaro
Yep, I would have ordered the 2SS if I could have gotten cloth with it. However the price should have been a thousand or so less I would imagine..
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #111
BTex68

cloth isn't "cooler"
It just seems that way because the sweat absorbs into the cloth. yay!
Plus that is what AC is for. When you have AC leather or cloth doesn't matter.

yes it gets hot when youre not in it. but is cooled off within seconds of sitting on it. lets be honest here
id prefer cloth in a cold region. it doesn't get stiff from cold and warms up quicker.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #112
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTex68 View Post
Id take a 1SS over a 2LT anyday. Its not illogical. Most car people buy Camaros for the engine. Not cause its pretty. If they only made a V6 I wouldn't own a Camaro.
I wasn't comparing between the LT and SS models man.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote