Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Man, that wreck looked like it hurt!!!

But, you did an awesome job with the look. I LOVE IT. I'd really like to see some more pix of the side reverse hockeys if you could. The front looks silver and the door likes like it's almost a blue. Might be the angle. But, if you get a chance.

Looks great! Love the bowties too...lol. When I went and did expensive paint.... vinyl comes in and looks just as good. lol
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Ouch! I didnt like the crashing part.

But it looks awesome now!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I REALLY didn't like the crashing part. I was right behind him when it happened with the track manager riding shotgun!!!!! I can truly say that I have never seen a guy handle such a devastating setback with so much grace, and to see how great this car looks now? Kudos Ivan I just can't wait to the "Sizzle" in person after all your fine work.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #18
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Righteous Y'all!! I appreciate it.

Yeah, the color of the white started out as an OEM Ford color that was used on the newer Saleen Cars. We added a hint of white and some very microfine flake to give it some depth. :ninja:

In person it's totally different than the pictures. I took about 23 pictures today trying to capture the "feel" of it. Nada! These are the best that I could get to give everyone an idea. Gotta see it in person to really grasp it. Kinda like SG, CGM, IOM, RJT, and the likes......

When I have a free day off, I'm planning on painting the Bowtie out back and perhaps adding a little something else when it comes to other emblems.

Diana, you're an awesome inspiration! I appreciate you helping us out. Mad !

-Ivan
Attached Images

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 06-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #19
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I am lovin the stripe color combo. Now get those matching blue halos in the headlights. LOL
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #20
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
I am lovin the stripe color combo. Now get those matching blue halos in the headlights. LOL
Just need a couple more days off to get some installed!!!!

Thanks alot, the compliment means alot to me coming from you guys.

Awesome!
Ivan
Old 08-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #21
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

LG Short Throw Shifter install!!!

Having the chance to work with LG Motorsports, I noticed that not many people have this Short Shifter setup in their car.

So I thought that I'd scoop one up and install it for those who might be interested in knowing more about them and perhaps getting one for their Camaro.

First off, they are basically a direct replacement of the stick itself. They are much firmer, stronger and solid than the OE stick and you can see in some of the pics, the ergonomics and design, while similar, is different to allow for a rediculously short shift. Somewhere right around 30%.

There is literally less than 4 inches from the top of 1st Gear to the Bottom of 2nd once installed.

You can get two versions. One for the use of the stock knob, or the other with the use of a threaded knob - which LG supplies a rather spartan but rather effective Delrin knob for.

I chose to install the later since I personally HATE the feel of the stock knob with the notched out sides and would like the option to replace the knob with something a little more "Southwest Speedish" later down the line.

Easy, 1.25 hour ordeal as you've seen with many videos and write ups across Camaro5.com.

Here are the pictures....what everyone cares about right???

One piece of advice. Pulling the stock knob off, use your leg as a lever and hold the knob in one hand while supporting your wrist with the other...lift your knee up and bam...3 second ordeal. Not nearly as hard as people say.

At a retail price of $199...this is a no brainer. Best investment one could make on a M6 car.

Enjoy!
Ivan
Attached Images

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 06-22-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #22
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
It's looking good Ivan, In person "The Sizzle" really sparkles! I'm sure you're gonna love that short throw shifter.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #23
jruss1078
JRuss

Drives: 2010 1SS/ RS IOM Camaro
Nice. Might need to add this to my mod list.

Man that knob is going to get real hot though.
jruss1078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #24
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
It's looking good Ivan, In person "The Sizzle" really sparkles! I'm sure you're gonna love that short throw shifter.
Thanks Diana!!!

Got some more fun stuff to share.....

AAC/Oracle Mail Slot Scanner

I loosened the top few buttons of the Fascia to unclip the plastic insert out of the mail slot..dunno if this is how anybody else does it, but I figured since nobody mentioned it, that it might help somebody later down the line.

Install was way too simple....heat the scanner in the middle with the wifes...er, a heat gun and bend slowly to meet the angle of the plastic insert that comes out of the mail slot.

Two small holes must be cut in the corners of the slot for the ends to "tuck" into and run the ribbon wire.

Once you get the scanner where you like it, attach that bad boy. You can 3M doubleside tape, or get crazy and Gorilla Glue it in there...

I used some clamps with some 1/2" pieces of flat stick to hold them in while the "adhesive" did it's thing. I've seen another fella use popsicle sticks to do this....not a bad idea either.

Run your Red hot wire to a 12v source, ground the Black wire and go to town...

The entire unit is run off the supplied remote control.

Rediculously clever and awesome!!

Enjoy and yes, we carry AAC/Oracle stuff as well.
-Ivan

Video on the Southwest Speed Facebook Page!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 06-22-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #25
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Having the chance to work with LG Motorsports, I noticed that not many people have this Short Shifter setup in their car.

So I thought that I'd swipe one up and install it for those who might be interested in knowing more about them and perhaps getting one for their Camaro.

First off, they are basically a direct replacement of the stick itself. They are much firmer, stronger and solid than the OE stick and you can see in some of the pics, the ergonomics and design, while similar, is different to allow for a rediculously short shift.

There is literally 4.125 inches from the top of 1st Gear to the Bottom of 2nd once installed.

You can get two versions. One for the use of the stock knob, or the other with the use of a threaded knob - which LG supplies a rather spartan but rather effective Delrin knob for.

I chose to install the later since I personally HATE the feel of the stock knob with the notched out sides and would like the option to replace the knob with something a little more "Southwest Speedish" later down the line.

Easy, 1.25 hour ordeal as you've seen with many videos and write ups across Camaro5.com.

Here are the pictures....what everyone cares about right???

One piece of advice. Pulling the stock knob off, use your leg as a lever and hold the knob in one hand while supporting your wrist with the other...lift your knee up and bam...3 second ordeal. Not nearly as hard as people say.

At a retail price of $179...this is a no brainer. Best investment one could make on a M6 car.

Enjoy!
Ivan

Nice pictures!

Glad to you like the shifter. I know we have been really excited about it, and has been a very good upgrade for the manual cars!

Thanks again Ivan!! Car is looking great!
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #26
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Nice pictures!

Glad to you like the shifter. I know we have been really excited about it, and has been a very good upgrade for the manual cars!

Thanks again Ivan!! Car is looking great!
Absolutely Sir! And thank you for the Kudos!!

Down here we dont talk nice about bad parts so it was very easy saying what we thought about the LG Short Throw Shifter Stick.

Us installing it sold another one today. So many people have already starting asking me about it and tried it out on my car.

I think we might have convinced another customer to swap their Brand H for one of the LG's as well. I'll let you know!

Getting rave reviews on the AAC Scanner....if any of you are on the fence with this piece, stop your insanity now. This is a quality unit, works flawlessly and is just a total crowd pleaser. I leave it on anytime I go into a store and when I come out, there are usually a couple people waiting to ask me what the heck it is and if it's an option on the SS.

Really fun to play with totally grabs the attention of passers-by.

Thanks for the kind words y'all.

Ivan
Old 09-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Thumbs up Emblem Pros = Awesome!

Figured I'd try something new on the interior...

Thanks to Roger at Emblem Pros for hooking up the "Blue off my Stripes!"

Before and After...
Attached Images

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 06-23-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #28
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Figured I'd try something new on the interior...

Thanks to Roger at Emblem Pros for hooking up the "Blue off my Stripes!"

I swear this is it until I get a chance to install the "Good Cam."

Before and After...
The "Good Cam", now you're talkin and I'll be waiting for the post and pics!!! blur blur blur blur blur blur lol.
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advanced automotive concepts, camaro, lg motorsports, oracle lights, southwest speed