Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Northeast Rod Run

Drives: 1969 Camaro
New suspension for my '69

When I originally built my Camaro back in the late 1990's, no one really made a "performance package" for handling.

Back then I was able to piece my own together using Koni adjustable shocks, custom wound front springs from Gulstrand, a "huge" 1" ADDCO swaybar and a blueprinted WS6 steering box. Along with that stuff got a local shop to make me some rear leafs and I machined my own solid tie-rod sleeves and 1/2" drop solid body bushings

Fast forward to this past weekend. I was down at the GM Nationals with my GTO and Hotchkis was there also. They were advertising a huge sale for the entire weekend and since I already had they sway bars on my GTO and was happy witht hem, I figured that I would talk to them about upgrading the '69

I always liked the looks of their TVS systems but they were a bit expensive for my pocket. Well, they gave me a price on Friday that had me thinking way to much. After tossing and turning all night, I went back to them on Saturday morning to talk again. This time he double checks the price and can probably see in my face, that I'm thisclose to buying, so he knocks off another $137.00 the entire package (totaling an almost $1000.00 savings), along with free shipping and no sales tax to MA (it's 6.25% here).

I told them if they throw in two shirts for me and my girl, I'd take it......SOLD!!!

Within two weeks, UPS should be dropping off

tubular upper control arms with ball joints and delrin bushings
tubular lower control arms with ball joints and delrin bushings
front and rear sway bars
sub-frame connectors
cross body brace
solid tie-rod sleeves
2" drop front springs
new matched rear springs
matched front and rear shocks
all misc. needed hardware

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it all before the credit card statement comes in