Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Should Brembo's be an option for V6's with RS package?
Yes 38 66.67%
No 19 33.33%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
I would LOVE for brembo's to be an option... one less thing to upgrade
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #16
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
It may be different for most cars, but I think you usually have to give about 3.5 to 4 inches of clearance for brakes. Using that formula, the brembos with 14 inch front and 14.4 inch rear rotors just might fit the 18 inch wheels.

This is all just from observation. I've seen exceptions to this rule, but not all the time.
You are forgetting the added height of the calipers.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #17
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
If they offered Brembos as an option on the V6 I would almost certainly get an LT RS over an SS RS. The stock brakes on the V6 models look a little wimpy to me, and since I want to take this car on some road courses and canyon roads, I'm gonna need brakes that cause me to leave eyeball prints on the inside of my sunglasses.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #18
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I would LOVE for brembo's to be an option... one less thing to upgrade
I really don't want to have to am these brakes, but I guess I will if it comes to that. But really how much harder can slapping on some Brembo's be as opposed to standard brakes? I would think they would have the same installation difficulty more or less, just the Brembo's are mechanically superior. For this reason I see no reason why they should not be an option, that and it looks like quite a few people would get it. Another reason is that this will further minimize the ricer-ness of fully-loaded V6's (not that I think this car is anything close to a ricer, but sadly I don't speak for everyone). It will make it more competitive with cars like the 350z, which has avaliable Brembo's. Considering the Z is one of the main competitors for the V6, GM should be competitive (or at least option-wise) throughout the whole car, and be sure not to leave out stuff like brakes, considering the Camaro is way heavier!

Last edited by kanys; 08-21-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
If they offered Brembos as an option on the V6 I would almost certainly get an LT RS over an SS RS. The stock brakes on the V6 models look a little wimpy to me, and since I want to take this car on some road courses and canyon roads, I'm gonna need brakes that cause me to leave eyeball prints on the inside of my sunglasses.
Yeah the brembo's were a big problem for me in deciding between the V6 and V8. I really want them but I want the V6's fuel economy, and I don't truly NEED 422 horses, and considering price/insurance I am going with the V6. And by the looks of things I will just have the dealer swap out the brakes, although it is going to cost quite a bit .
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #20
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
No, RS is an appearance package.

Don't care if they make it an option.. Just not with that package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Yeah the brembo's were a big problem for me in deciding between the V6 and V8. I really want them but I want the V6's fuel economy, and I don't truly NEED 422 horses, and considering price/insurance I am going with the V6. And by the looks of things I will just have the dealer swap out the brakes, although it is going to cost quite a bit .
Just wait, there have been MANY that will be getting the SS that will want to do a rear end swap with a V6 becuase they want smaller brakes (smaller wheels) for the drags. You chance of finding someone with an SS that wants to swap is VERY good.