Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Arrow MRT Louver | 2010-2012 Camaro MRT Rear Window Louver w/ Prop Rod Kit | Free Shipping!

Auto Agenda is happy to announce we now carry;
2010-2012 Camaro MRT Rear Window Louver, with Prop Rod

Introductory Free Shipping!

Team MRT engineered the new Camaro louver to be functional and durable, while maintaining beautiful design that you and your Camaro will love. The MRT Rear Window Louver completes the natural lines of the 2010-2012 Chevrolet Camaro without compromising the Camaro's rear window visibility. The curvature of each louver slat is designed to produce a tight, flowing look and an arc that complements the Camaro's rear window. In addition, each camaro louver slat features a smooth, seamless surface, free of distracting rivets and protruding hardware. The MRT Rear Window Louver for the 2010-2012 Camaro is sure to give your Camaro a legendary bad-boy look.

The MRT Camaro Rear Window Louver comes powder-coated satin black and ready to install. The Camaro louver may be painted to your taste, but the powder-coated black finish will look presentable on your 2010-2012 Camaro as-is. The MRT Camaro louver features a one piece all-aluminum design that is lightweight and durable. It is hinged to allow you to easily lift the Camaro louver for cleaning. The included MRT Prop Rod Kit makes handling the Camaro louver a one-person job.

The MRT Camaro Rear Window Louver requires no sheet metal drilling or modifications to your Camaro during installation of the louver. A Camaro Louver Hardware Kit is included, and we will provide you with the louver instructions and materials you need. MRT Camaro louvers are made and engineered in America.

Feature Recap
  • One-piece all-aluminum louver design that is lightweight and durable.
  • Louver has smooth, seamless surface. No distracting rivets or protruding hardware.
  • Louver does not compromise the Camaro's rear window visibility.
  • Louver comes powder-coated black and ready to install, but can be painted.
  • Installation of the Camaro Louver does not require sheet metal drilling or modifications.
  • Prop Rod Kit and unique hinged design make accessing and cleaning the Camaro's rear window easy.
  • Camaro Louver Hardware Kit included.
  • Prop Rod Kit included.
  • Camaro Louver is made and engineered in America.
More Views of the Camaro Louver: http://autoagenda.com/2010-2013-cama...w-prop-rod-kit

Last edited by AutoAgenda; 06-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
I usually dont like these, but this one is smoother/cleaner. Still wouldnt get one, but I can see how some ppl might like it

Last edited by vroomapunk; 11-22-2011 at 03:40 PM.
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
I had window louvers on my 87 camaro, but rear window louvers should have stayed in the 80's...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
I had window louvers on my '79 WS6 T/A and thought they looked pretty bad a$$ed at the time, particularly painted white to match the car

Even though these look much better than the other version I've seen, I'm not sure if I would put them on my Camaro today............although you never know when the "old school" bug might bite
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssBumbleBee View Post
I had window louvers on my '79 WS6 T/A and thought they looked pretty bad a$$ed at the time, particularly painted white to match the car

Me too, except mine was the black and gold version with the big ass firebird emblem all across the hood. I thought it looked killer at the time. Showing my age though; that was my first brand new car and I loved it.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
That was actually MY Camaro that MRT used to develop the the louvers! When Scott first suggested doing louvers for the new Camaro I was like EEEWWWW.... but we went ahead and did it... And when we got the finished product on my Camaro, i was AMAZED at how GREAT they looked! It looked way better than I could have ever imagined! They fit and flow so well with the cars line!!! I got a LOT of compliments!

Checking the prototype:

My little video...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
That was actually MY Camaro that MRT used to develop the the louvers! When Scott first suggested doing louvers for the new Camaro I was like EEEWWWW.... but we went ahead and did it... And when we got the finished product on my Camaro, i was AMAZED at how GREAT they looked! It looked way better than I could have ever imagined! They fit and flow so well with the cars line!!! I got a LOT of compliments!
Awesome! Thanks for the video! These louvers walk the line well, subtle yet aggressive.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
Camaro54

Drives: Camaro SS2/RS orange/black stripes
I hear everyone say all the time that THEY DON''T LIKE THE LOUVERS FOR THE NEW CAMAROS AND THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE THEM even though they have never seen them on a gen5 Camaro in rea life. All I can say is I love mine. They really finished off the look I was after. Out of the 8 car shows I've been in this past year I've gotten awards from 7. No they were not 1st places but definately one of the better cars the judges thought. Now I'm not bragging just pointing out it's not just my opinion but others who do the judging. I can say too that this product is very well put together and functions great. If I lost mine today I would order them again tomorrow without a second thought. They are that good. Actually I like being the only Camaro around with the rear window louvers. They set me apart from all the others. That's what I like. I'm a bit of a LONE WOLF sometimes. GREAT PRODUCT!
Attached Images

2010/2SS/RS/6L80E/Mast built LS3 416 Stroker/Black Lable Heads/Blower Cam/Jannetty Tuned/ 685rwhp/635tq/KookHeaders/3"exhaust/Magnaflows/Whipple Blower/10lbs bst/Duel pumps/85lb inj/2 gauge pillar/CAI/RX catch can/Vmax ported TB/Lexani LX15s/Pedders sub F bushings inserts/Pedders sport extreme coilovers/ZL1 sway bars/Hotchkis strut tower brace/Hawk brake pads/stainless steel brake lines/CTV front calibers/slotted rotors 15"/1 pc drive shaft & loop/hidden radar-laser detect/rear louvers/terminator hood/ SS mats/black outs/Bowties/GM GFX kit/blade spoiler/deading matting/wolf art/
Camaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Any shots from the inside out? Thanks
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Awesome I love it. That red vehicle, tires, louvers great combination. Excellent job.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
Camaro54

Drives: Camaro SS2/RS orange/black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
Any shots from the inside out? Thanks
No, but I can tell you that there is no problem at all seeing out. The louvers are possitioned so they are laying flat when looking through the rearview mirror or turning around. They also keep the interior cooler in the summer sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Awesome I love it. That red vehicle, tires, louvers great combination. Excellent job.
THANKS. The car is actually Inferno Orange along with the wheels. Just looks red on the photo.

----------
2010/2SS/RS/6L80E/Mast built LS3 416 Stroker/Black Lable Heads/Blower Cam/Jannetty Tuned/ 685rwhp/635tq/KookHeaders/3"exhaust/Magnaflows/Whipple Blower/10lbs bst/Duel pumps/85lb inj/2 gauge pillar/CAI/RX catch can/Vmax ported TB/Lexani LX15s/Pedders sub F bushings inserts/Pedders sport extreme coilovers/ZL1 sway bars/Hotchkis strut tower brace/Hawk brake pads/stainless steel brake lines/CTV front calibers/slotted rotors 15"/1 pc drive shaft & loop/hidden radar-laser detect/rear louvers/terminator hood/ SS mats/black outs/Bowties/GM GFX kit/blade spoiler/deading matting/wolf art/
Camaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro54 View Post
No, but I can tell you that there is no problem at all seeing out. The louvers are possitioned so they are laying flat when looking through the rearview mirror or turning around. They also keep the interior cooler in the summer sun.

THANKS. The car is actually Inferno Orange along with the wheels. Just looks red on the photo.

----------
Oh alright, well that is all I wanted to know. Thanks And your car looks excellent! Everything goes together well
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #14
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
uhh help i just signed up to the site how do i post my own topics thanks !
jayscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autoagenda, awesomeness, camaro louver, camaro louvers, mrt louver