Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Check out my video in the California USA Thread..."having my headers put on today" I went with Pacesetters and everyone I have run into is amazed at the sound of my Camaro
Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
I will tune with trifecta.

Also EZRPerformance is out of stock with the OBX LT's. Anyone know any other place that sells them for 350 shipped?
Try Ebay, which is where I was going to get mine until I bought the OBX from EZR (cheapest to the house ever seen for LT headers). You will spend a little more but that is the next cheapest I have found to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
There was some guy here selling one for pretty cheap, you might want to search. The reason why I said that most likely you will go to LT from shorty is simple. Horsepower. You will want more so you might as well get the most from the beginning and save yourself the headache.

I been running without cats since day one and juiced1 is right. You will have to deal with the smell especially on those windy days when you have your windows down. Also, some shops will not touch your car without cats by law, but I never had that situation yet.

I hear every once in a blue moon that by removing the cats there's no performance benefit but I have to disagree with this somewhat. I have no idea if our LLT will benefit from removing all of the restriction since no one has done a dyno of before and after but there are alot of cars out there that benefit by removing the cats. At the end of the day high flow or not it will still restrict air flow to some degree. I've seen honda's that got 13+ hp by removing the cats to LS that got about 5hp to other cars that got none.

The next time I do long tube's I will certainly make sure that I have high flows simply due to the smell.

those are sold....
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #17
Enzo

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
I would recommend to find a mod friendly dealer with a performance shop. I was able to find one within an hour of me and I keep my warranty as long as they install and tune the car
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote