Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #71
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattderk View Post
I have this issue and dealer refused service due to my cam and pcm tune. Anyone have any issues / luck with dealership ?
a little late now, but a note to everyone else...when to do a cam swap, there's NO reason NOT to replace your oilpump.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #72
mattderk

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
a little late now, but a note to everyone else...when to do a cam swap, there's NO reason NOT to replace your oilpump.

Yes 20/20 hindsight. In the end the issue was a jammed check valve and the o-ring was cut. GM installed the oil pump with a cut o-ring .. nice quality control. There is the source of my issues.
mattderk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #73
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattderk View Post
Yes 20/20 hindsight. In the end the issue was a jammed check valve and the o-ring was cut. GM installed the oil pump with a cut o-ring .. nice quality control. There is the source of my issues.
did they do it under warranty for you? how many miles did you have on it when it went?

most good performance shops will automatically replace the oilpump when doing a cam since it's right there (on these motors).
Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #74
mattderk

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
did they do it under warranty for you? how many miles did you have on it when it went?

most good performance shops will automatically replace the oilpump when doing a cam since it's right there (on these motors).

I went to the shop that did my heads and cam. They found the damaged o-ring and check valve after removing the pump. I wasnt having GM do it since this is $$ out of my pocket.
mattderk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #75
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
not sure thats true. they should have still done the TSB for you... If its a known issue (flaw) it shoud be covered regardless of mods. For example, if your tail shaft fails, you get a new tranny no matter what mods you have done b/c the part is a known issue...
That's a good one for a Monday morning
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #76
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
[QUOTE=tom692010;3196609] That's a good one for a Monday morning[/QUOTE

This issue is not covered by a TSB! It is just a PI (product information) at this point from what I have been able to find out. This is not the same as a TSB and carries less weight.

As for "should" they do it - well, "should" is a good word to describe the situation. They "SHOULD" fix it but they will PROBABLY deny it and then it would be up to the car owner to fight that battle. No fun at all! :(

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #77
DREV LSX

Drives: Its the Millenium Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBills 2SS View Post
Dec 14th '09 Lot of other chevrolets in this TSB(corvette,camaro,trucks and suv's)but i was one of the lucky ones that had the condtion and caught it in time to save the motor. had to service it myself because of all the Mods, Cam,Heads,exhaust. oh well my new hot rod right. it's only money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act no dealership can deny warranty service or a TSB to your vehicle regardless of mods.

Last edited by DREV LSX; 05-09-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: edit
DREV LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #78
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
[QUOTE=Stingr69;3196835]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
That's a good one for a Monday morning[/QUOTE

This issue is not covered by a TSB! It is just a PI (product information) at this point from what I have been able to find out. This is not the same as a TSB and carries less weight.

As for "should" they do it - well, "should" is a good word to describe the situation. They "SHOULD" fix it but they will PROBABLY deny it and then it would be up to the car owner to fight that battle. No fun at all! :(

-Mark.
I asked a service rep if my warranty would be void on my tranny because I installed a short shifter and ran Royal Purple fluid and he answered---Depends. Now that's total BS so I wouldn't be suprised at any denial of service. Just my thought!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #79
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREV LSX View Post
Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act no dealership can deny warranty service or a TSB to your vehicle regardless of mods.

Not sure which rule book you are reading...because GM can AND will deny TSB work on highly modified or tuned cars. They cannot deny doing RECALLS...but that is different than PI's or TSB's. Do a search around the net and even on here...they will deny.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #80
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREV LSX View Post
Wrong.
Ovenmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #81
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
dam no vin range yet huh

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #82
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
My 1SS doesn't have those 4way guages but dealership can install them, if this happens too often I will probably be switching back to Mustang 5.0 since Ford don't try to void warranties for sneezing too loud.. My personal opinion is we should have a good lawyer take GM to court for voiding warranties for stuff that definitely doesn't have squat to do with the problem. I have a Vararam no tune intake and after hearing all this I think I am going to keep it that way, no tune. Because of this GM is going to loose a customer or 2000, just saying
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #83
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
My 1SS doesn't have those 4way guages but dealership can install them, if this happens too often I will probably be switching back to Mustang 5.0 since Ford don't try to void warranties for sneezing too loud.. My personal opinion is we should have a good lawyer take GM to court for voiding warranties for stuff that definitely doesn't have squat to do with the problem. I have a Vararam no tune intake and after hearing all this I think I am going to keep it that way, no tune. Because of this GM is going to loose a customer or 2000, just saying

What will you take them to court for? Because YOU signed the contract to purchased the car and accepted all stipulations of the Warranty? there are rules from GM, since they are the ones issuing the warranty..... its not mandatory or the law that you get any kind of warranty at all... so if you accept the warranty from GM... you accept the stipulations and rules they put on them... you dont like them? buy a Mustang... whatever gets you to stop ....
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #84
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

geez, let's all get our panties in a bunch here.

If you read through the posts (there's only about 2323403430 of them, so you'll have to read through all the waaaaah), it really all depends on the dealer. There's been plenty of people here with aftermarket parts get warranty work taken care of. (see posts about output shaft & blower)

I would imagine some ford dealerships will be tightwads about aftermarket/warrenty issues too.

My feeling is that being that there's a TSB on the oilpump, if your oilpump fails, there really isn't any aftermarket part that is going to cause that to happen, so GM should step up to the plate and fix them. But I'll be doing a cam soon on mine and will absolutely be putting in a better oilpump at the same time. Dealers should at least be willing to do something to help out and not just say VOID! If that's the case, find a different dealer.