Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
intense1

Drives: 2011 2SS m6
SLP Advice needed

I was at my dealership yesterday, and while there I decided to talk to the service manager about exhuast options and warranty issue's with aftermarket. I was expecting him to tell me there is only the gmpp exhaust, but instead he pulls out an SLP catalog. As he is showing me the loudmouths and the muffler delete, I see headers. I ask him if I could do headers through the dealership without a tune and warranty issues, and his response was its bolt on and it's approved for use by gm(I don't believe this), as far as a tune goes, he knew nothing. So I come here for some more info, anyone have SLP LT and loudmouth2 exhaust installed by there dealer, and if so, did you throw a code, did they do a tune(slp seems to have a tuner). Also overall impressions of the exhaust system. My goal is to go with LT and a catback, originally I was leaning towards Kooks/ARH with Borla S-type, but I if I can get something from the dealer without warranty issues I'm all for it. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
mbspeed

Drives: 2015 CAMARO SS LS3
I also talked to dealer about exhaust most dealers wont care about exhaust systems cat back..SLP worked with GM years ago also the gmpp exhaust is made by brola but I think if you want header's you will need a tune and dealers wont warranty motor & trans if you were to have a problem but others members will give you better info hope this helps
mbspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
mthomas038

Drives: 2010 camaro rs ss ls3 grey
I have the SLP long tube headers with the high flow cats and SLP suggested 3" powerflow exhuast with the SLP mufflers. I love it. It sounds great. Just call SLP. I talked to them several times before i decided. It was easy to install. It took me about 2-3 hours with no problems.
mthomas038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
SMGSS

Drives: 00 SS, 67 SS
we have the SLP parts for cheap on our website. You may be able to get away with a tune. Talk to SLP like someone else mentioned, they may be able to give you a hand held tune GM would approve of. It likely won't be as good as a custome tune, but better than nothing.
SMGSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Long tubes will set you a code for the aft O2 sensors. The dealer won't tune it out because it deals with emissions and the Gov't controls that. Remember, an exhaust only deals with exhaust warranty.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
i have the slp LT with the loud mouth 2 it is awsome. al so got the diablo tuner. go for it
woodside783 is offline   Reply With Quote