Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
VVXXXVV

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Moving to Topeka kansas tell me about it ?

So anything good about it? For camaro owners speed limits cops etc?laws?
VVXXXVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Grew up there. Lots of Cops. Roads are in bad shape with lots of pot holes in the older parts of town. Winter sucks as they never do a decent job cleaning the streets.

Now I have not lived there since 83, but my sister still lives there and my mom and dad live down in Scanton and go to Topeka for shopping and to see my sister and her kids.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Well I live in Junction City and I think Topeka is much better.
However Iam from WA - which is the best place to live-
Only go to Topeka for the Mall, movies since im out there and maybe some of the resturants like Boston Market
i2disturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Well I live in Junction City and I think Topeka is much better.
However Iam from WA - which is the best place to live-
Only go to Topeka for the Mall, movies since im out there and maybe some of the resturants like Boston Market
I think about the only place that is worst then JC is Ogden if you count that. I really only go to Topeka for Heartland Park Drag Racing, and occasionally stop and eat at one of the places off Wanamaker.

What you doing in JC, military? Ill be here until around the end of January and then I get out of the military and go back home. Which is way better then JC.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah Ogdon is sad. I lived 20 years in Manhattan and everytime I had to drive thru Ogdon to do work on Post it depressed me.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
I think about the only place that is worst then JC is Ogden if you count that. I really only go to Topeka for Heartland Park Drag Racing, and occasionally stop and eat at one of the places off Wanamaker.

What you doing in JC, military? Ill be here until around the end of January and then I get out of the military and go back home. Which is way better then JC.
lol yeah Ogden is something else.
Only went Heartland a few times, once to drag my car. Actually tonight I think is the last T&T.
...but Im not in the military I came from WA to stay with my dad(military) and new born brother in 2010. Havent seen my dad in awhile so I didnt mind. Iam ready to go back though making plans to go back around this time next year.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #7
Neumatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
lol yeah Ogden is something else.
Only went Heartland a few times, once to drag my car. Actually tonight I think is the last T&T.
...but Im not in the military I came from WA to stay with my dad(military) and new born brother in 2010. Havent seen my dad in awhile so I didnt mind. Iam ready to go back though making plans to go back around this time next year.
Yea I went tonight, the track was horrid. First pass I went 13.3 @ 110mph but after that it was all down hill until the point that I was running in the 14's. No traction what so ever.

And I know your car, and Im sure you have seen mine quite a bit.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
Neumatic

And I just checked, there is another Test and Tune next month on the 26th, hopefully the weather hold up. And if it does, hopefully I can get atleast a little traction.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Yea I went tonight, the track was horrid. First pass I went 13.3 @ 110mph but after that it was all down hill until the point that I was running in the 14's. No traction what so ever.

And I know your car, and Im sure you have seen mine quite a bit.
yeah my tires are low on tread - first time ever (no helmet) got a 14.1 then it dipped to 13.7 but thats it. Only got 3passes in.
...lol I think Ive seen yours also only like a rare three have the black rims hmmm...

Quote:
And I just checked, there is another Test and Tune next month on the 26th, hopefully the weather hold up. And if it does, hopefully I can get atleast a little traction.
I'll roll with you if I get the time off, I'll pm you if Im sure next week-
Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Nor*Kan SS/RS

Drives: 2011 SIM 1SS/RS
Pretty well summed it up with crappy roads (for the most part), and a lot of cops.

20% Tint | Muffler Delete | Hurst Short Throw | Eibach 1" Lowering Springs | K&N Cold Air | 20x9 20x10 Replicas | 255/35 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3's
Nor*Kan SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote