Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Thumbs down Well.........I'm Sticking With My 13!

Yep!, finally got to see a 16 in person today at the Motor Trend show here in Vegas......................not impressed at all....
Ya they are nice but to me it looks like they tried to improve on the 5th Gen looks and totally struck out.
Ever since they unveiled the 16 I hated every pic of the interior, I tried to stay quiet on my opinion and at least wait until I see it in person, you know.....give it a fair shake at least. Well now that I have seen it?........Well?................let's just say I still feel the same about the interior, I fact I think it is worse in person. It doesn't even feel any different than my 13 interior when it comes to comfort.
Ya I'm sure it is faster and out performs the 5th gens, but I don't race and I really love how this car of mine handles, once I saw the price, that was really the kicker, my attention turned to a gorgeous Stingray sitting next to the Camaros.
My wife finally showed up and joined me at the Camaros and the first thing she said was"if you EVER think of trading your car in one of these, I'm having you checked out by a doctor.....these things are hidious! They look too feminine, unlike the muscular look of the fifth gens that we both fell in love with"
We walked off and didn't even look back......went and checked out the Jaguars though, now those things are sweet!

PS: the new 6th Gen STILL looks WAY better then those ugly ass Mustangs...
Old 11-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Interesting post. I can't wait to see one in person for myself!
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Yes saw one at the Auto show here in Orlando and not impressed sorry.
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
I guess you prefer an interior riddled with cheap plastic and virtually no visual interest, our interiors are better.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I saw the ones at SEMA. It would be easy to dismiss this post as sour grapes, you don't have the new one...but I too came away still smitten with my 2015 Gen5. Pretty easy to add another 55HP.

But the Gen6 posters on that side of forum are going to try and rub our nose in it!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
WIPLASH
WIPLASH

Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
I guess you prefer an interior riddled with cheap plastic and virtually no visual interest, our interiors are better.
Not getting into this debate, but my car is riddled with suede and leather.

Also, the visual interest in a 455hp car should be the road, not rainbow colored doors and gauges. Just my opinion.

Last edited by WIPLASH; 11-29-2015 at 08:20 PM.
WIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
Yep!, finally got to see a 16 in person today at the Motor Trend show here in Vegas......................not impressed at all....
Ya they are nice but to me it looks like they tried to improve on the 5th Gen looks and totally struck out.
Ever since they unveiled the 16 I hated every pic of the interior, I tried to stay quiet on my opinion and at least wait until I see it in person, you know.....give it a fair shake at least. Well now that I have seen it?........Well?................let's just say I still feel the same about the interior, I fact I think it is worse in person. It doesn't even feel any different than my 13 interior when it comes to comfort.
Ya I'm sure it is faster and out performs the 5th gens, but I don't race and I really love how this car of mine handles, once I saw the price, that was really the kicker, my attention turned to a gorgeous Stingray sitting next to the Camaros.
My wife finally showed up and joined me at the Camaros and the first thing she said was"if you EVER think of trading your car in one of these, I'm having you checked out by a doctor.....these things are hidious! They look too feminine, unlike the muscular look of the fifth gens that we both fell in love with"
We walked off and didn't even look back......went and checked out the Jaguars though, now those things are sweet!

PS: the new 6th Gen STILL looks WAY better then those ugly ass Mustangs...
Easy on that one dude , your wife my already have that doctor appointment on schedule for you , just In case !
And I'm suspecting that she already removed your decision making ability away from you legally !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #8
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
The 6th gen is a good starting point for what GM can do with it. I say give it a few years and they will restyle it a bit to make it look more aggressive. I wouldn't mind having the V6 just as a DD though.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
oneheadlite

Drives: 2015 SS/RS Camaro
You hit the nail on the head.
The remarks about the interior is spot on to what I thought about the interior. I will go look, though.
I'll keep my '15 for a year or so.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
GM doesn't care they will sell to new people that aren't familiar with Camaros that don't even know the difference. And the new mustang is very nice. I still like the new Challeneger out of all 3 new gens but for now I'm keeping the 2011 Camaro...wish it was a 2013 tho
Old 11-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #11
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I think the 6th gen looks badass for sure, waiting to see what the 2017 ZL1 will look like and what kind of numbers it has.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #12
PowerMax

Drives: '13 BRM 2SS/RS LS3 M6 NPP HSTS
I love the new Gen6 !! Mainly because my buddy just had to have one and sold me his '13 Gen5 for a screaming deal!

Last edited by PowerMax; 11-30-2015 at 04:51 AM.
PowerMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #13
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommyO View Post
The 6g camaro is a much better place to be than the shit 5g. I would upgrade based on that alone. In terms of the new mustang styling, it's opinionated but everyone I've met said they like it a lot.
Who invited you to these forums. I like the GT350R alot, but every other new mustang looks like crap to me.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:44 PM   #14
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Well....I did hAve a 12 with cloth and plastic I interior, actually it was rather comfortable, but when I got my vert with the leather I have been rather impressed with the improvement, my car is nice and plush and comfortable, in fact it really doesn't contrast at all compared to the leather 16. Ya the center consOle design is well thought out in the 16 but having the cupholders pushed aside really benifits a manual shifter, mines an auto......I never had an issue with it. And as for the pretty colors in the door panels? Just extra fluff that will wear off within a week with me, I thought the ambient light in my car was really cool......but now I barely notice it. And that afterthought of a dashboard? I for one cannot even imagine trying to drive with that horrendous think staring back at me. The HVAC control vents were pretty cool though......
The 6th Gen car is NOT worth the money they are asking though, the V6 there with a mess of goodies added on, including RS package, and NPP exaust was priced @ $41500, my car maxed out @ 41500, and mine is a totally loaded out convertible! Can you imagine how much more the new vert will cost?........that's insane!