Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #2717
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
whos got the best touch up paint synergy green???? i tried doctor color chip and gm touch up paint thanks
Sorry, I've got nothing for you. I tried the scratch touch-up stuff that comes in the ball point pen. Wasn't even close.

Did my second Halloween car show this year. Wanted to change it up because I won last year, and didn't want to show up with the same display. I wound up painting the hood liner and going with a witch theme this time around.

Name:  HS 13 18.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  155.3 KB

Name:  HS 13 13.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  HS 13 17.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  164.7 KB

Didn't win this year. Partly because there was a lot more competition; and the show has been taken over by the "nothing newer than '70" people. Almost all the awards went to Fifties era or older cars. Some Sixties, and only one "new" car, a Fifth gen friend of mine.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #2718
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Wow you should of win again.
That's the reason I don't attend shows anymore. It's all biased judges that have their car buddy's participating in the events.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #2719
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
I pretty much only go to non judged events.

gramps
Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #2720
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Wow you should of win again.
That's the reason I don't attend shows anymore. It's all biased judges that have their car buddy's participating in the events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post
I pretty much only go to non judged events.

gramps
Thanks! I normally don't complain about such things. I've known too many people that take showing way too seriously. And they often complain about the judging at any event they don't win. I usually go to shows just for fun, and to hang around with my Camaro friends. I don't have all the high-dollar mods that others can afford to invest in to win. I just take satisfaction in the positive feedback from viewers that like the things that I have done. Since I do most of my own work, I take pride in the fact that I "did it myself". With no expectations of winning, I don't go away disappointed.
Last year when I attended this same show, it was very informal and friendly. Kids walk around in costume, and we (show participants) get to hand out candy. People decorate their cars for Halloween, there's a costume contest, and all in all, the event is a lot of fun. I put a lot of work into prepping for last year's show, because I thought it was a show where a creative person might have a chance. The focus would be on how cleverly the cars were decorated, instead of how much chrome you could afford to bolt on. I was still surprised when I won, but it felt really good, because I felt rewarded for my effort and imagination, rather than my disposable income. And it was nice to have one trophy. I'm quite satisfied with it, and it doesn't really bother me if I never get another one.
Things changed this year. Apparently elements of a local car club have worked their way into the administration of the show. And they turned out in force with their grey hair and blue jackets proclaiming who they belonged to. Of course it's a "classic" only car club. The folks who take showing very seriously, and seem to have a universal disdain for anything "new". I've encountered this mindset before. I'm sure it's been responsible for the demise of many a car club. It existed within elements of my own Camaro club, until wiser members prevailed and explained to the "classics only" people that if they refused to embrace the 5th gen, the club would eventually run out of members and die.
I really don't get this looking down ones nose at other people. I just like cars period. (Camaros a little more than others ) And have never felt a need to exclude anybody. Heck, I own a 54 Chevy, and I don't feel like I'm better than anybody!
Anyway, after I paid my $15 registration and watched all the awards go to the cars that always win shows anyway, many without any effort invested in decorating them for the theme of the show; I got a little miffed. Not because I didn't win, but because it felt like so many other things in life that are fun, until they get taken over and ruined by serious, selfish people.
I hate sounding like a whiner, but it was nice feeling like, once a year, there was a place where the little guy could at least have a chance, and have fun doing it. Oh well; I've got a nice little trophy that I'm happy with, and proud of. And I'm quite content with the compliments I get from the people that really count. (You know who you are! ) I'm sure I'll still go next year, but I might think twice before I hand over 15 bucks. Maybe I'll just park unregistered, and continue to hand out candy!

Name:  08.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  106.2 KB

Old 10-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #2721
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
your display looks great. Definetly good enough for consideration of an award. I have run into the same problem with some people. At some shows it is worth the dollars just to get a safe place to park. I try not to worry about awards, my car is not really modded all that much. The only award I have is one for longest distance. anyway thats enough of me. no more shows till may. got to put the snowtires back on soon.

cheers

gramps
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #2722
Altma

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by gml1998 View Post
I thought I would post a pic of my new coil covers in this section also.
I made a prototype out of wood.After I was happy with the look and fit I had a friend of a friend machine them out of aluminum. I had to find someone else to machine the lettering .What you see is the result.
Gary, those look so rad! I wish I could have seen them in person at Hooters. I might have to see about getting a set, but with "Transformers" on them instead.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #2723
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post
your display looks great. Definetly good enough for consideration of an award. I have run into the same problem with some people. At some shows it is worth the dollars just to get a safe place to park. I try not to worry about awards, my car is not really modded all that much. The only award I have is one for longest distance. anyway thats enough of me. no more shows till may. got to put the snowtires back on soon.

cheers

gramps
Ah; good ol' "lake effect" snow. We don't get enough here to warrant snowies. Problem is, the drivers out here panic when they see two flakes, and they have no clue how to drive in it. You'd laugh at them like I did if you drove around here in the snow- until you have to start dodging them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altma View Post
Gary, those look so rad! I wish I could have seen them in person at Hooters. I might have to see about getting a set, but with "Transformers" on them instead.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Name:  smiley-signs011 (1).gif
Views: 743
Size:  576 BytesName:  whssign.gif
Views: 737
Size:  621 Bytes

Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #2724
1BAADSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAADSS View Post
See my listing for Synergy Green G2 caliper paint system.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320790
Bump

YOU DON'T JUST PARK IT.....
YOU DISPLAY IT
1BAADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #2725
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Quick question..
Did they make a synergy green SS model??
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #2726
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Quick question..
Did they make a synergy green SS model??
yes (2011 only)
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #2727
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Copy. Thanks.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #2728
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Copy. Thanks.
You would like this picture...

My 2011 SS SGM and her 2013 SS HWSE
Attached Images

2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #2729
Steelhead83

Drives: Green 2010 Lt1 camaro v6
Does anyone have a trunk without a wing that they would want to trade for a trunk with a wing?
Steelhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #2730
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
First Halloween with my SGM. I picked up a passenger.
Attached Images

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote