Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #29
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Truthfully, it was the remote start. But the thrill of shifting gears is gone for me.

That's how 'on the fence' I was. But I'm glad I did it. Becasue after the mods start, the autos are winning at the strip. BUT, the road and auto X the manuals are doing better.
ya thats very understandable, i would have gotten a auto if i was all about the drag. its still pretty fun to shift with the manual mode or what every its called on the a6. my dream transmission is a duel clutch tranny, which acts like a auto.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #30
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Becasue after the mods start, the autos are winning at the strip. BUT, the road and auto X the manuals are doing better.
Same as with Vettes.

But since I don't intend to dragrace the Camaro, I definitely prefer the manual.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
ya thats very understandable, i would have gotten a auto if i was all about the drag. its still pretty fun to shift with the manual mode or what every its called on the a6. my dream transmission is a duel clutch tranny, which acts like a auto.

The paddle shifters on these, IMO, are pointless. Too slow to be usefull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Same as with Vettes.

But since I don't intend to dragrace the Camaro, I definitely prefer the manual.
Yup. Fun factor goes to the M6 for most. Having spent my whole driving life shifting gears I actually have as much fun in THIS car, with the auto. But 'building it up' with the shift is certainly still fun to do when I get in one.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #32
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
Have an LS with M6. There wasn't much of a decision, most of the cars I've owned are manuals.
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #33
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
At first I didn't want a manual because I had never driven on in traffic and figured and auto would be better, but during my deployment I have been driving a manual a lot out here and I am now wishing I would have gotten a manual for my camaro. oh well.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #34
gelboy1015

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, MKIII Supras
M6 here. There are some times when I wish I got an automatic, but in the end I love my M6 Camaro!
gelboy1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 AM   #35
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
M6..... Auto was not even considered.
The car is used purely as a toy to enjoy and the M6 is a part of the car that definetly ups the "fun factor".
Plus I did not want any part of that AFM and other crap that is on the aotomatics.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.

Last edited by papabearcamaro; 05-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #36
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's MARO View Post
not an SS but i couldnt justify throwing the clutch down constantly in traffic. regardless if i got a 2ss or a 2LT i figured a6 was the best choice for me. i still love m6's though
^^^^
me 2 - A6
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #37
Formula

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
mine is a dd, lots of traffic=a6

I've had manuals for the past 7 years, the auto is so much nicer in stop and go (1 ft at a time, 1 hour each way m-f) traffic, I just sit back, crank up the stereo and relax.
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #38
stevea

Drives: just a car
M6 here. I wanted to drive the car not just ride in it
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #39
SSPower
Surely thou jivest...

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 CGM/IOM stripes
M6
SSPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #40
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
And the A6 is faster because it's just faster. After the mods of course.
Rrrrreeeaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyy....Wanna run it.... you and me, yours and mine, side by side...... Yours is modded, mine is modded.... you've ridden in mine, I haven't had the pleasure of riding in yours... so advantage PQ... Yours is an Auto... Advantage PQ... What's to loose... Team L-99 Captain vs a pogue from Team LS-3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
M6 here. I wanted to drive the car not just ride in it
I love the attitude of the point and shoot drivers... point it down the track, mash the loud pedal... hold on... "It's faster"... Pssshhhh, whatever...
Now, put an LS-3 in front of that slush box and you got something...

All of this is in fun, I personally could care less what transmixer anyone has, it's all a personal preference and there is no more or less testosterone or ability to drive attached to the tranny...

I've had my butt handed to me by a woman in an auto... and I've trashed some autos before the build... Most big time racers run an auto for consistency and reliability... Best race I've ever been in to date was against a woman in an auto, she got me with a 12.68 at 108 to my 12.72 at 113... We were neck and neck all the way down the track... every time I tried to inch out front, she hit another gear and jumped back out on me a half a car or so... #$^&$^&%&%$^

OP, I drive mine like I stole it and the owners big brother is a cop and right behind me... I like shifting gears, just me... To each their own and I judge no one based on the tranny they selected... They are all Camaro's...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #41
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
if you have to ask get a auto.
lol reason i wamted some input because my current SS is an A4 which my gf has no issue with but she can't and doesn't want to drive a M6 car. so i'm tryin to please myself and her . . . no pun intended lol
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #42
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I'm just old fasioned I guess.
I've had both autos and sticks over the years, and yes an auto is good for a DD, but, I love 'rowing the boat'.
Back in college, a roomate had a 67 Camaro, and I've allways wanted one since.
About 30 years ago I had a 64 Malibu SS convertible, and allways wanted another vert.
I used to drag race in my much younger days, so I enjoy a nice healthy engine.
When they came out with the Camaro Convertible with the 426hp LS3 and a M6 trans, it was a no brainer.

Yes the vert is a DD, and my daily commute is about 40miles each way.

Lovin it every day.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote