Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #57
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
That's the other nice thing about the ZL1, that 707hp is easily matched or farly exceeded on a bombproof reliable platform.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #58
catdaddy6968

Drives: None
I currently own a '12 SRT Charger and it's been problem free (so far) My plan is to get a ZL1 in the near future, I'm really frustrated with the number of available mods and programming options offered by Dodge. I love the competition between car companies, there's some great cars to chose from.
catdaddy6968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #59
AZ-ZL1
Dry Heat My @ss

Drives: 2012 ZL1 SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownster View Post
Why be a hater?
Can't you be humble enough to appreciate that there is still manufacturers bold enough to provide us with Kick Ass Cars despite all the BS?
I love everything about my ZL1 and respect the competition's own version....despite the faults.It is not like our cars are perfect....
Bottom line?
Don't take for granted any offer any brand's attempt to satiate the need for speed.
.......and Money.

How the hell do you get "hater" from this thread ???

Sometimes I just shake my head at some of the posts here
2012 #1765: Xpel Clear Bra, 15% Tint, M2W, LPE GT9 Cam, Ported Heads & Snout, Upgraded Valve Train, 90mm TB, LPE Dual Fan HX, 2.55 Upper, 9.1 Lower (18%), Id850's, KB BAP, Roto-fab CAI, AR Stainless Headers, 673 rwhp, A6, Nothin but Fun!
AZ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #60
AZ-ZL1
Dry Heat My @ss

FYI: I am still trying to convince my wife to let me buy her a Charger for her B Day or Anniversary.....she says no cause I'll want to drive it all the time and "ruin it".

Damn, she's on to me.....
2012 #1765: Xpel Clear Bra, 15% Tint, M2W, LPE GT9 Cam, Ported Heads & Snout, Upgraded Valve Train, 90mm TB, LPE Dual Fan HX, 2.55 Upper, 9.1 Lower (18%), Id850's, KB BAP, Roto-fab CAI, AR Stainless Headers, 673 rwhp, A6, Nothin but Fun!
Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #61
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

At least that is what they are sayin!
Old 03-18-2015, 11:40 AM   #62
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
At least that is what they are sayin!
Those posts from random letter usernames with post counts of 4 are from some kind of bot. They just copy all or part of a previous post and re-post it.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #63
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Some of you guys take yourselves and your cars way too seriously...In the immortal words of John Winger..."Lighten up Frances."
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #64
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Some of you guys take yourselves and your cars way too seriously...In the immortal words of John Winger..."Lighten up Frances."
Its called pride of ownership. It's what's important in your life, this could be about cameras, football teams or washing machines or your friends (not that you would own your friends) well maybe. Pride is a very important emotion and people strive to be proud of things, your kids, you car whatever. I think the engineers hit a home run with this car, it does everything great, is it the fastest in every facet, no. but find me another car at that price that does everything it does stock and then is so well built you can dramatically increase its capabilities without worrying about the car falling apart, locked ECMs or a lack of aftermarket upgrade capability. I think JessRayos is putting out twice the HP as the fat kitty. I am not on the whirlpool thread arguing about how much I love my refridgerator because it doesn't bring me as much joy as my ZL1 (except for the beer) so if you think I take my car and myself too seriously then so be it. I just feel sorry for those who didn't get the opportunity.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #65
AZ-ZL1
Dry Heat My @ss

[QUOTE=Sven59;8302919]................. (except for the beer)

LOL
Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #66
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I think Dodge is fugging up by not letting the market dictate sales.

I get that they want to put a Hellcat in the hands of anyone that wants one without making them pay through the nose.

Dodge fans have been waiting for 400,000 years for an opportunity like this. (I exaggerate to clarify) So naturally they're going to come banging down the doors yelling "take my money!" because they've been kind of on the short stick of the "muscle car" resurgence. After this initial blast where the die-hard and bi-curious people get into a hellcat, things will die down.

More power to them if they can get it sorted where they CAN meet demand. But this may infuriate some potential buyers. I suggest they say "we're building XXXX number of Hellcats for 2015" and allot those to the highest selling dealerships, similar to the way that GM does. And let the chips fall where they may. Because otherwise, the parts supply and CAFE standards might be in jeopardy here.

The only OTHER way I could see this happening is that the dealer association and Dodge agree to ship and sell the Hellcats at retail price. Nothing more, nothing less. And then EVERYONE gets a fair shot at the pie and no price gouging. Of course, this is something I fundamentally disagree with because this goes against my free-market beliefs. (Companies like Bose and John Deere do similar thing but opposite in price-basement deals to prop up their brand images and I hate them for it)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #67
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
It doesn't matter the 6th Gen ZL1 will send the fat cat to the litter box.
the current ZL1 will do that with some mods.

That hellcat ecu hasn't been cracked yet. They make 707hp and thats about it
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #68
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Within 25 miles of me there are 28 Hell cats in stock and 42 Scats...those models listed in a link posted earlier. I don't know if the demand and lack of stock as stated is a regional issue.

I also visited the Dodge dealer on my way home...no addendum sticker on the car. Both were in the 64 - 65 range.

I agree with C5 members here that say the high demand for the Hell cat is great news for us Camaro guys. It is great news. This high demand for a competitior keeps GM on its toes with performance, research, improvements and pricing with the Gen6.

Ya never know...GM just may consider mating a supercharged LS7 in a Gen6 ZL1...wink wink.

It is market area. In cali good luck of finding one under 80K. Had a dealer here tell me the scatpack shakers are limited run and better order quickly with a 5K over MSRP markup. I told them forget it. Typical sales seems all dodge dealers around my area keep trying to feed me their BS. I sure like GM I least I get a honest answer whether I like it or not.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #69
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I think Dodge is fugging up by not letting the market dictate sales.

I get that they want to put a Hellcat in the hands of anyone that wants one without making them pay through the nose.

Dodge fans have been waiting for 400,000 years for an opportunity like this. (I exaggerate to clarify) So naturally they're going to come banging down the doors yelling "take my money!" because they've been kind of on the short stick of the "muscle car" resurgence. After this initial blast where the die-hard and bi-curious people get into a hellcat, things will die down.

More power to them if they can get it sorted where they CAN meet demand. But this may infuriate some potential buyers. I suggest they say "we're building XXXX number of Hellcats for 2015" and allot those to the highest selling dealerships, similar to the way that GM does. And let the chips fall where they may. Because otherwise, the parts supply and CAFE standards might be in jeopardy here.

The only OTHER way I could see this happening is that the dealer association and Dodge agree to ship and sell the Hellcats at retail price. Nothing more, nothing less. And then EVERYONE gets a fair shot at the pie and no price gouging. Of course, this is something I fundamentally disagree with because this goes against my free-market beliefs. (Companies like Bose and John Deere do similar thing but opposite in price-basement deals to prop up their brand images and I hate them for it)
After the debacle of the Viper, I don't blame Dodge for doing something different.

They know they have the fat cow - Tim K said as much on the Jay Leno episode. But they also said that is why people like the Challenger over the Mustang/Camaro is the interior space. Okay fine.

They also know Mericans love horsepower and 0-60/1/4 mile/stop light to stop light racing. So they built a car to cater to that crowd and basically said GM and Ford can battle it out on the road courses.

But Timmy also mentioned that the hellcat was for the 5% crowd of musclecar lovers/drivers. Well, at 50,000 units sold in 2014 that ends up being 2500. I saw figures of 4000-5000 preorders!!!! Dodge did not expect that and now they are back into the same crap with dealers. Now instead of dealers ordering fully loaded Vipers and tacking on 10k mark up that will sit for 2+ years - they are asking for huge non refundable downpayments and no confirmation of final price (i know i asked a few - to hell with them)

It was a nice idea but Dodge hit underestimated this and now has a PR disaster.

They also dont cater to the aftermarket like they use to and the Chrysler fan in me has soured on the brand.

I love the Hellcat but it is not for me
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #70
G7C ZL1
Bully

Drives: G7C ZL1
There is no charge for awesomeness.
G7C ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote