Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #1093
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I think the front is OK....looks better from certain angles, but front on isn't the best. I think it will look better on the road.

As for the rear....it may be a throw back to the original, but I do not like it at all. A step down in attractive design for sure. Damn Corvette team stole what should have been the natural evolution of the Camaro rear end design....I will say that for years to come. Now the Camaro team has to go elsewhere.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #1094
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Same ranting that was done about the 2010 Camaro hate the front, hate the tail lights.......when the 6th gen comes out I bet you will hear some of the same complaints about it... Human nature I guess...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #1095
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
It stalled even on moderate? That's what I have mine on but I literally never ever turn it on. I've been meaning to remove it but I haven't flashed the car in a long time
Haha yea I left it off since it happened. Sent in a datalog the other day will see what Vince says. If I get a new tune bye bye ghost cam and if not, reflash and bye bye ghost cam haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Haha that happened to me. I accidentally (though I wanted to anyway) took it off when I got my updated tune. It was a pleasant surprise, haha.
At first I thought it was cool and its starting to get annoying haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
My ghost cam sometimes goes from moderate to aggressive without me changing it...and I think I need an MDI flash update bc I'm still getting misfires WTF.
That is weird.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #1096
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Same ranting that was done about the 2010 Camaro hate the front, hate the tail lights.......when the 6th gen comes out I bet you will hear some of the same complaints about it... Human nature I guess...
I followed the 2010 Camaro well before release and had one of the first in my area.

I don't remember much hate at all. I just remember pure joy to be honest. The car was damn close to the concept which everyone LOVED.

The 5th gen was a striking new design that instantly drew crowds around it. I remember seeing the very first one in my area before I had mine. It was in the very back of a huge wal-mark parking lot. No cars around it, but people were stopping to take pictures and gawking at it. I've never seen anything like it for a car the average person can own.

I hope the 6th gen has success similar to this. In my opinion...the design is one of, if not the most important aspect of the car.

But you are right...it is human nature to resist change.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #1097
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I followed the 2010 Camaro well before release and had one of the first in my area.

I don't remember much hate at all. I just remember pure joy to be honest. The car was damn close to the concept which everyone LOVED.

The 5th gen was a striking new design that instantly drew crowds around it. I remember seeing the very first one in my area before I had mine. It was in the very back of a huge wal-mark parking lot. No cars around it, but people were stopping to take pictures and gawking at it. I've never seen anything like it for a car the average person can own.

I hope the 6th gen has success similar to this. In my opinion...the design is one of, if not the most important aspect of the car.

But you are right...it is human nature to resist change.
I do remember lots of complaints about the Corvette like tail lights and the buck toothed grill on the forum. Maybe I am remembering comments about the concept.
My 2010 was loved out in the real world, even when people didn't know it was mine all I heard was what a great looking car it was. I am sure the general public will feel the same about these new Camaros.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #1098
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
RS headlights are ugly and lets say I was ordering a Camaro. I would opt for the halogens because it looks MUCH better!
Z28 front end and side profile looks great actually. The wheels look like those off an X6 but guess they're light. And the rear end is fn retarded. I don't know why they did what they did. All they had to do a is put the tails in a harder angle and they would've been done. The amount of plastic in the back is horrid.
Don't really know what to say
SS/RS front end is ugly. But clearly only needs stock headlights and a different grill. The chrome strip is hideous but thank god there's plastidip
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #1099
TJ91

Wonder what te v6 front end will look like
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 03-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #1100
TJ91

Oh and what they did for ZL1

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

Current front end with new back end? Sounds half ass and literally looks half ass
Beyond stupid move by GM
Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #1101
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yea, I don't like it either at all but it only makes me love my car more so I don't really care lol

Btw, any pics of the zl1? I can't find it anywhere.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #1102
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
It's kind of funny because this is exactly what I was saying about the last revision to the Mustang. They ruined it with the back end.

I still think anyone who got a 2010 lucked out. Best design and no ugly backup sensors. I'm not complaining, this just pacifies any urge I might have had to upgrade

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #1103
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
It's kind of funny because this is exactly what I was saying about the last revision to the Mustang. They ruined it with the back end.

I still think anyone who got a 2010 lucked out. Best design and no ugly backup sensors. I'm not complaining, this just pacifies any urge I might have had to upgrade

You don't like the mustang redesign? I really like their rear taillights now!

Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #1104
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
You don't like the mustang redesign? I really like their rear taillights now!
Lol different strokes I suppose. You're the first person I've ever heard say that. All my buddies around here think they destroyed it.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #1105
lscamaro

That's certainly interesting, pretty much everyone that I've asked loves the new rear taillights. The front, now that I'm not very fond of. Kind of liked the old style more but it is what it is lol. Now that doesn't mean I don't like the older style either, I wouldn't mind either but I just like the rear taillights and the way they look at night.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #1106
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
That's certainly interesting, pretty much everyone that I've asked loves the new rear taillights. The front, now that I'm not very fond of. Kind of liked the old style more but it is what it is lol. Now that doesn't mean I don't like the older style either, I wouldn't mind either but I just like the rear taillights and the way they look at night.
You guys are weird down there