Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Will you be joining us for this run?
Yes, and I plan on racing at K1 Speed! 3 50.00%
Yes, but I'll leave the K1 track to the hardcore racers. 1 16.67%
Maybe. I'll have to check my schedule or get approval from my better half. 2 33.33%
No. Schedule conflict, I only do car shows, or the crazy guys in Corvettes scare me! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
It Was AWESOME!

Had a blast and as usual, the COCSD folks were very welcoming. Route was fun though I did end up with a crack in the windshield somehow. So if anyone has a good recommendation for glass replacement in San Diego I would appreciate the info. Don't want some shady shop messing it up.

Now on to Chuckwalla next weekend to see how the Camaro handles. something tells me the K1 carts stick a little better.

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
You must have just missed us! We were there from 11 to about 12:30 before heading up Palomar Airport Rd. to Islands for lunch.

Travis did the Family proud by running a 27.968 in the first session, the fastest in our run group. Absolutely amazing for the first time at K1 Speed. Because he beat my previous best of 28.041, he won a set of G-Force mechanic/driver gloves. He ran an almost identical 27.971 best lap in the second session, but I re-established Corvette Owners Club supremacy with an all-time best 27.596. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at Chuckwalla on Saturday.

Thanks to Travis and son, Rob and Tom for joining us for the run. You're always welcome! That goes for you too, Gunny and all Camaro 5 members. I'll let you know when we do it again.
Man, I was washing the wife's car. I'll definitely catch y'all the next time. Glad to be home though.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
You must have just missed us! We were there from 11 to about 12:30 before heading up Palomar Airport Rd. to Islands for lunch.

Travis did the Family proud by running a 27.968 in the first session, the fastest in our run group. Absolutely amazing for the first time at K1 Speed. Because he beat my previous best of 28.041, he won a set of G-Force mechanic/driver gloves. He ran an almost identical 27.971 best lap in the second session, but I re-established Corvette Owners Club supremacy with an all-time best 27.596. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at Chuckwalla on Saturday.

Thanks to Travis and son, Rob and Tom for joining us for the run. You're always welcome! That goes for you too, Gunny and all Camaro 5 members. I'll let you know when we do it again.
Way to go Travis!

Did you get either of your track runs on the Hero2? If so, I bet the wind drag slowed you down by at least 0.4 seconds!

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432

Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
DET MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #18
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MSCL View Post
Way to go Travis!

Did you get either of your track runs on the Hero2? If so, I bet the wind drag slowed you down by at least 0.4 seconds!
No. I thought about it but wasn't sure how everything there worked so I left it in the car. Next time.

Travis

Sent from Droid

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
Old 02-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadams72 View Post
It Was AWESOME!

Had a blast and as usual, the COCSD folks were very welcoming. Route was fun though I did end up with a crack in the windshield somehow. So if anyone has a good recommendation for glass replacement in San Diego I would appreciate the info. Don't want some shady shop messing it up.

Now on to Chuckwalla next weekend to see how the Camaro handles. something tells me the K1 carts stick a little better.
Try Safelite Glass (www.safelite.com 1-855-286-5819). Go online and get an online quote first, then call them, tell them you are in the military and you are not going through your insurance company. Ask if they can cut you a discount or some type of savings. They are one of the preferred vendors for USAA. They replaced the windshield on my TSX, then a year later, it cracked (on the inside, not a rock hit) and they replaced it for free. Lifetime guarantee - except for external damage.

Good Luck!

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #20
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Try Safelite Glass (www.safelite.com 1-855-286-5819). Go online and get an online quote first, then call them, tell them you are in the military and you are not going through your insurance company. Ask if they can cut you a discount or some type of savings. They are one of the preferred vendors for USAA. They replaced the windshield on my TSX, then a year later, it cracked (on the inside, not a rock hit) and they replaced it for free. Lifetime guarantee - except for external damage.

Good Luck!
They are coming to try and fix it today. If not then we'll be stuck replacing it.