Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
SLP Loudmouth 2 question?

My car arrives in a day or so. The first thing I want to do is the exhaust. I am leaning towards the SLP Loudmouth 2. I have listened to all the videos online and it is really hard to tell the difference from stock over the computer. From those of you that have heard it. Is there a big difference compared to the stock sound? Is it worth the $500 bucks and how would you rate the quality?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
68blk/yel396

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
SLP Loudmouth 2 question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
My car arrives in a day or so. The first thing I want to do is the exhaust. I am leaning towards the SLP Loudmouth 2. I have listened to all the videos online and it is really hard to tell the difference from stock over the computer. From those of you that have heard it. Is there a big difference compared to the stock sound? Is it worth the $500 bucks and how would you rate the quality?
NewAgeMuscle,

I installed the SLP Loudmouth II axlebacks on my 2SS A6 and just love the sound. Pure stock was just to mild for 400 horses under the hood. Now I have a decent throaty rumble, not too obnoxious, but definitely obvious reminiscent of the muscle cars of the past. Also, no popping during deceleration as some other brands produce. The Corsa Catbacks I have heard are not quite as load and are a little higher pitched.

I highly recommend this system.
68blk/yel396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 View Post
NewAgeMuscle,

I installed the SLP Loudmouth II axlebacks on my 2SS A6 and just love the sound. Pure stock was just to mild for 400 horses under the hood. Now I have a decent throaty rumble, not too obnoxious, but definitely obvious reminiscent of the muscle cars of the past. Also, no popping during deceleration as some other brands produce. The Corsa Catbacks I have heard are not quite as load and are a little higher pitched.

I highly recommend this system.
That's what I'm looking to get. The stock is barely noticeable. I can only hear it "remote start" if I'm standing right behind it.

It's nice to hear a little rumble.

Loudmouth II is a good choice. Loudness similar to the muffler delete, but a much more refined sound compared to the muffler delete.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
any other opinions?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
rentchaser

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6, '05 SL 55
I'll tell u how it sounds in a few days. I ordered the same exhaust from maryland speed yesterday on ebay and it shipped today by ups with delivery on thursday! Can't wait to install same day!!!
rentchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
You won't be disappointed with the loudmouth 2. I love listening to it with the windows down. I did the muffler delete first and actually like it better EXCEPT for the burbling/popping on decel. The loudmouth 2 still has a some burble, but not too bad (the burble is still there, it's just muffled).

Also the loudmouth 2 has a little bit of highway drone at 70 mph, but I've gotten used to it. To be honest if I wasn't going to be putting on headers next week I'd have my muffler delete back on and tune out the dfco decel pop. But don't get me wrong, the lm2 sounds freakin sweet!

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
Installed the SLP LM II's a while back. Sound great overall. I do experience drone when AFM kicks in. I use the tap shift to reduce the drone.

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
The LMII is a great product. There have been tons of satisfied customers.

I agree the corsa is a slightly higher pitched sound, and is not my taste.
Another VERY similar option is the Borla, but it is a little more money.

I would be happy to help you with pricing and ordering. If you need any help or have questions please let me know.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
kunkelz28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I have loudmouth 2 with the SLP header/full exhaust set-up, and the loudmouth 2 does not bolt up to the slp header system unless you get a custom adapter for the mufflers. If you plan on buying SLP headers then go with SLP powerflo... anyway its an awesome sound with the headers,loudmouth 2, and 3" all the way back. I LOVE SLP
kunkelz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile Man View Post
Installed the SLP LM II's a while back. Sound great overall. I do experience drone when AFM kicks in. I use the tap shift to reduce the drone.
So you put different mufflers on so you could actually hear your car, and to make it sound better.

But you're upset that you can hear it when you're cruising?

What's the point of modifying the exhaust if you really don't want to hear it while you're driving?

If you're going to end up complaining about "drone" - then leave your exhaust stock.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
So you put different mufflers on so you could actually hear your car, and to make it sound better.

But you're upset that you can hear it when you're cruising?

What's the point of modifying the exhaust if you really don't want to hear it while you're driving?

If you're going to end up complaining about "drone" - then leave your exhaust stock.
Are you off your medication, your wound kind of tight?There's a difference between a hp V8 exhaust sound and drone. It has every thing to do with AFM. I'm stating my experience, please leave the conversation to the adults.

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'll say that for the sound I think SLP LM II is very good....don't think you would go wrong with it.

However, just to throw this out there, for just a little more money you can get a Solo Catback system which should give you power as well as sound. Keep your stock exhaust. If you don't like the Solo you could probably sell it for the same price that it would cost you to get the LM II. Personally....the only 2 things I have with Solo which one is minor and one might be major: I think the 4.5" tips are just a little to big; I like 4" tips. Second...it's pretty loud as it is, if you add headers down the road it might be too loud. I plan on doing headers at some point so I've decided to pass on Solo.

Only thing is you would have to buy it today to get in on the $599 to your door Group Buy. At least email or call the guy at Solo so that you can get your name on the list for the GB today. You can then decide if you want it by tomorrow.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42318

BTW: At the moment I've decided to go with the MBRP system.
http://www.mbrp.com/?page=camaro
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 09-30-2009 at 02:38 PM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I have SLP LM II on mine (L99) and I love it

I am considering deleting the AFM though...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
The SOLO is T-409 stainless and the SLP is T-304 stainless, that's probalably the difference in price. They are both 2-1/2", someone above posted the SLP is 3", but the instruction manual lists all the parts as 2-1/2" plus a vendor conifrmed it is a 2-1/2" exhaust. All I want are the LMII mufflers, forget the rest. I'm not going FI so a 3" system is too big, I'd rather pay $300 to install a pair of LMII mufflers to replace the stockers. Then use the other money for Dynatech LTs.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote