Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #211
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Nope. I'm talking traction and looking at weight reduction.
This car will fit a wide-ass tire. Instead they put these tall truck looking tires on it.(yes, I have the LS)
Take a look at some of the rear suspension pieces. They're fine for a street car, but I believe they will show some flex(especially with the rubber bushings). Drop springs and rear suspension pieces to plant the power.
I'm looking on here about weight reduction/management and I've started by trimming down me first(over 14-pounds from what was 242 according to the last VA physical and counting). Still contemplating other sources of weight reduction.
Gotcha! Scrmg has the best driver mod yet. I too am looking for reduction but don't want to sacrifice the comforts. Post your progress.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #212
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Gotcha! Scrmg has the best driver mod yet. I too am looking for reduction but don't want to sacrifice the comforts. Post your progress.
Kudos, usa1camaro1969. 12lbs so far-184 down from 196 since July 1. 170-175 is the goal. I'm 5'10".

Next up, extricating those monstrosities other wise known as mufflers-those things have to weigh a ton-off the back end of my LT2...well...after window tint and H&R springs that is. Turbo is still a ways off.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 07-13-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: punctuation
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #213
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Anyone know how much weight coil overs drop off the car? The stock shocks and springs are heavy!!!!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #214
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Kudos, usa1camaro1969. 12lbs so far-184 down from 196 since July 1. 170-175 is the goal. I'm 5'10".

Next up, extricating those monstrosities other wise known as mufflers-those things have to weigh a ton-off the back end of my LT2...well...after window tint and H&R springs that is. Turbo is still a ways off.

I hear you guys on the weight loss bit, I used to be serious into martial arts and fitness. Was a very solid 165lbs @ 8% bodyfat, at just under 5'9. Then about 2 1/2 years ago I went through some stuff, stopped caring and got real busy working and not so busy working out. Also went from eating very well (almost OCD-level nutritional awareness), to nightly wendy's and BK. At worst, balooned up to a grizzly 245, in late May.

Realized how bad it had become early June when I couldn't even keep up with my 52 year old dad doing landscaping (I'm still a good deal stronger than he, but I just didn't have the energy anymore).

Slowly getting myself back onto the fitness bandwagon. Down to 225 and counting, taking my time and not trying to rush it (although I'd love to be below 200 for my brother's wedding in Sept). Mostly working on a not-so-strict diet and a daily AM workout routine (cardio 4 days\week, circuit training the other 3) for just 45 minutes. I have a nice gym in my home, so it's not hard to stick with.

Besides, this car has enough weight to push around without adding my fat @$$ to compound the problem, lol.

Can't wait to see what Z can put down with this turbo kit, it's already looking great. I love seeing progress on this V6, it just has so much potential with all the great tech under the hood.

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #215
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
Anyone know how much weight coil overs drop off the car? The stock shocks and springs are heavy!!!!
i think its something like 20 lb
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #216
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
I wouldn't do CAI or Header/Exhaust if you plan to go with the Turbo as you will won't be able to use most of it. Just trying to be helpful before you drop some $$$'s.
I understand the CAI would be pointless down the road but wouldn't headers/exhaust be beneficial since there will be more flow vs stock?
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #217
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON_RAFA View Post
I understand the CAI would be pointless down the road but wouldn't headers/exhaust be beneficial since there will be more flow vs stock?
Z Madness is saying that because this turbo setup is meant to fit the stock pipes. I replaced my pipes with 2.5" throughout, so I would have to do some customization to do this i.e. more money spent

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #218
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Thumbs up dyno days

Z, how far off are we before you are able to get a dyno run in? Are you still waiting on the meth kit from STS?

Also, is this car being daily driven (or will be once everything is installed?)
How has the car been acting? Any burbles, rough idle, fire under the hood or the like?

Thanks,

SA
Old 07-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #219
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Z, how far off are we before you are able to get a dyno run in? Are you still waiting on the meth kit from STS?

Also, is this car being daily driven (or will be once everything is installed?)
How has the car been acting? Any burbles, rough idle, fire under the hood or the like?

Thanks,

SA
I was orignally waiting for the Water/Meth Kit but now looks like it will be a while before STS get's that done. Also, I was waiting to datalog before I got the dyno but the Spark Plugs STS orignally sent were wrong. Thanks to Rod1, I was able to find the correct ones which should be here by Friday if they are in stock. Once I get that, I will data log and then take it for a Dyno. Will have to be on a Saturday though as I work during the week.

No, this is not/will not be a daily driver for another year. However, I was planning to bring it to work tomorrow to make sure it handles in traffic (about a 45 minute commute in stop and go). So far, all of the test runs have been great, car runs absolutely smooth and is still on Trifecta's "base" tune. No CEL, SES, etc. lights.

I know I need to get it Dyno'd for everyone so I will try to get that done soon. I have been working on other things like putting on Katzkin's, side skirts, rear ground effects, lighting, so that's been taking up a lot of the evenings! Trying to get it all done by the end of July. Stay tuned.....
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #220
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Awesome, Looking forward to the Dyno.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #221
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #222
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
im just kinda throwing this out there but i wouldnt be mad with more videos lol....
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #223
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
Awesome, Looking forward to the Dyno.
+1
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #224
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
How about some 0 to 60 MPH runs? Any chance of that?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote