Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Alignment specs

Does the 1LE have different alignment specs than a SS?
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Good question as it has more adjusts available than the SS....Subscribed...

Pete Justice???
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I was wondering this myself. I had a feeling at least the first alignment needed to go to the dealer until the local monkeys at the GoodYear shop got some info... I still don't know if I trust them.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Phdpsy

Drives: SW 2013 1LE
Pete's table with alignment specs for the gen 5 doesn't note anything different for the 1LE vs SS. He also did nit note anything in the PMs we exchanged about it. Regardless of what it is supposed to be, it can be quite different. I had mine checked (and adjusted at 400 miles). "Stock front driver camber was -0.7 on driver side.....-1.7 on passenger side. Rear toe was also way off. It is dead on now and handles great. Don't always assume it is at stock specs just because it is new. Get it checked even it is not pulling or exhibiting other issues..I Always get new cars checked and aligned. I would have eaten up a couple tires really easily if I had just driven it..
ZL1 is different though.

Just my $.02
Phdpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdpsy View Post
Pete's table with alignment specs for the gen 5 doesn't note anything different for the 1LE vs SS. He also did nit note anything in the PMs we exchanged about it. Regardless of what it is supposed to be, it can be quite different. I had mine checked (and adjusted at 400 miles). "Stock front driver camber was -0.7 on driver side.....-1.7 on passenger side. Rear toe was also way off. It is dead on now and handles great. Don't always assume it is at stock specs just because it is new. Get it checked even it is not pulling or exhibiting other issues..I Always get new cars checked and aligned. I would have eaten up a couple tires really easily if I had just driven it..
ZL1 is different though.

Just my $.02
Im with you on this one. Lost a set of tires to the thought that the manufacturer had it right from the factory and I don't want it to happen on this car. 500 more k m s and then I'll get it checked.
Did you take it back to the dealer or go elsewhere to have it checked?
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Same oem specs..
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Phdpsy

Drives: SW 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
Im with you on this one. Lost a set of tires to the thought that the manufacturer had it right from the factory and I don't want it to happen on this car. 500 more k m s and then I'll get it checked.
Did you take it back to the dealer or go elsewhere to have it checked?
I have a shop that I use regularly for anything non warranty. If I knew it was that far off the dealer would have likely done it for free. However, if I can avoid the dealer I do (due to a history of carelessness leading to damage)
Phdpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Just had a maintenance alignment done at the dealer on my 11 ss. After 25000 kms everything is awesome.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote