Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #43
13-ZL1

Drives: GM
Nice!
13-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #44
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
From when she first slithered off the dealers lot and into the depths of her new dungeon. From her initial mod to present day and on order mods with always more to come! Will it ever end???
...devils nightmare has a certain ring to it, as in wicked bad....
Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
patrickt24

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT 6spd
Can you tell me where did you get the taillights from?
patrickt24@hotmail.com
Thanks
patrickt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #46
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Here's a much better video of the Stock, Pre-set, which I'm guessing is around 20% open, and Wide Open. Which I noticed on the video you can't even hear my husband say "Wide Open". But I'll say "Wide Open" is LOUD. Everybody will definitely hear you coming, a block away probably. And with a push of a button you can go back to that beautiful rumbling stock sound! I drive mostly in the Pre-set mode. Love that deep Rumble!
http://youtu.be/hSlYk6m5AVo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #47
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Here's a much better video of the Stock, Pre-set, which I'm guessing is around 20% open, and Wide Open. Which I noticed on the video you can't even hear my husband say "Wide Open". But I'll say "Wide Open" is LOUD. Everybody will definitely hear you coming, a block away probably. And with a push of a button you can go back to that beautiful rumbling stock sound! I drive mostly in the Pre-set mode. Love that deep Rumble!
http://youtu.be/hSlYk6m5AVo

That sounds great! I think after hearing your video and talking to some friends, I am going to go this route. I was originally going to do headers now that I am tuned, but NOWEEDS seems to be the way I am leaning now.

Thanks for posting this video!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #48
Normagene

Just did my usual Walmart run and saw all the kids and moms over by the get ready to go back to school stuff. Well last year I missed out on getting a ZL1 Notebook, and today I was able to grab the last two! Not an Ashen Gray on the cover, looks more like the Blue Ray color, but definitely good enough. At $1.98 how can ya go wrong, now I got some place to write all my mods and notes. Been using the old SS notebook so I'm very happy with my new ZL1 notebook!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #49
Normagene

Well I've got about two more months in Massachusetts, and then off to Texas! So I'm actually considering/thinking about maybe Selling my Baby. Once I'm all settled in with a new home, job, and ready for a new toy, who knows, maybe the new Stingray! Not sure what I could get for my ZL1. Got about 60K in her and under 6,000 miles. I know I wouldn't take less than 51K. I've gotta decide??? Not comfortable leaving my husband up here in Mass with the keys, and I don't want to take her to Texas until I'm all settled. My husband will meet up with me in Texas after he sells our house here in Mass, but that probably won't be until next Spring/Summer. He definitely drives way too fast! Then again, selling a car is probably no picnic......

Old 09-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #50
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Well I've got about two more months in Massachusetts, and then off to Texas! So I'm actually considering/thinking about maybe Selling my Baby. Once I'm all settled in with a new home, job, and ready for a new toy, who knows, maybe the new Stingray! Not sure what I could get for my ZL1. Got about 60K in her and under 6,000 miles. I know I wouldn't take less than 51K. I've gotta decide??? Not comfortable leaving my husband up here in Mass with the keys, and I don't want to take her to Texas until I'm all settled. My husband will meet up with me in Texas after he sells our house here in Mass, but that probably won't be until next Spring/Summer. He definitely drives way too fast! Then again, selling a car is probably no picnic......

Oh no! You're getting rid of The Devil's Nightmare?! That has got to be a tough decision, but a new Stingray would be sweet! What part of TX are you moving to? My in-laws are in San Antonio.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #51
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
If I were moving to Texas, (not just yet) I would keep the ZL1 and use one of the mod shops in Texas. There are a few shops that have great feedback from customers on here. One of the reason I need to leave California. Not a mod friendly state, no LT headers, no way!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #52
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Nice ZL1 ! !
Love the AGM looks great !
Cool video's exhaust sounds good with the cut out open

couple people asked bout your gill stripes i have what
looks like the exact same one and i got them from PartsForYourCar
hope that helps those looking for them ~

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #53
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Oh no! You're getting rid of The Devil's Nightmare?! That has got to be a tough decision, but a new Stingray would be sweet! What part of TX are you moving to? My in-laws are in San Antonio.
Hi Matt, I know it sounds crazy, but I really have to think this over. Moving is such a huge deal, can't believe how much stuff we've accumulated over the years. So I may just keep her, but just to see what the market is like my husband posted an ad on Craigslist. Received two calls already, but neither amounted to anything.

Love San Antonio. The River Walk, the Best Food bar-none, and the number one Water Park in the World "Schlitterbahn". I was born and raised in Corpus Christi, white powdered beaches, palm trees, huge waves, beautiful little city. About two hours tops to San Antonio. But ya gotta like the HEAT, its really hot eight or nine months, a cold winter day is like freezing to us, lets say 50 degrees! That's cold! I'm looking to move more towards the Austin area, we'll see how things go, depends on the job market.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #54
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Hi Matt, I know it sounds crazy, but I really have to think this over. Moving is such a huge deal, can't believe how much stuff we've accumulated over the years. So I may just keep her, but just to see what the market is like my husband posted an ad on Craigslist. Received two calls already, but neither amounted to anything.

Love San Antonio. The River Walk, the Best Food bar-none, and the number one Water Park in the World "Schlitterbahn". I was born and raised in Corpus Christi, white powdered beaches, palm trees, huge waves, beautiful little city. About two hours tops to San Antonio. But ya gotta like the HEAT, its really hot eight or nine months, a cold winter day is like freezing to us, lets say 50 degrees! That's cold! I'm looking to move more towards the Austin area, we'll see how things go, depends on the job market.

Speaking of Austin, there are one or two members on here from the Bastrop, Cedar Creek area. I enjoyed my week staying there, very quiet and open, we don't get that here in So Cal! Thread hijack over.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #55
Normagene

Can't believe its been a year already! Well actually more than a year, my Inspection Sticker expired Oct so I went to get my new one today. Looks like I got an extra month, good now till Nov 2014! Temps only in the mid/upper 40s so I did have a little wheel spin here and there, fun fun fun!

Wasn't sure I'd pass with my tinted windows, or my blackened taillights, but all good. Also I wasn't sure how I'd do with the Noweeds Exhaust Diverters, if I'd get a FAIL due to an exhaust leak, but no problems whatsoever. So I opened up the diverters on my way home and then noticed "blue" lights in my rearview mirror, so I quickly pressed the button and closed my diverters and turned my parking lights on, so the taillights are lit up. But as I pull over luckily the cop just kept right on going. Looks like I had a very very good day!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #56
Normagene

Beautiful day, so I took advantage since we won't have too many more days like this, 64 and sunny. Ran a few errands and then pulled up my street in PTM-3 and gave her a few spins around the circle. Good tire grip today! But I still could get that G Meter past 1.20. And not much tire squeal, actually I don't think I heard any since I did have my Noweeds open a tad, in the pre-set mode, so maybe around 20% open. Love that sound! Waiting for the cold weather and then I'll pull out my bad taillight and ship it off, probably be like a week that I won't be able to drive irregardless of the weather. Hopefully it won't take longer than that to fix the burnt out bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk