Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBH View Post
Thanks for keeping this thread alive !!

I'm pragmatic - I just want a subjective assessment by a couple of regular forum members after driving/riding in people's cars at CamaroFest next weekend. Ride quality/comfort is subjective by nature anyway, and that's one of my most important criteria. This is my only car, so comfort means more to me than 0.01 better lateral G......

Any takers ?

Of course a full-blown write-up from a published source would be fantastic. I'd love to see that too.

With a concern on comfort, yet wanting to have serious improvement, So I might suggest doing things in steps. But first I would want a specific description of your driving habits, goals, wheels and tires, engin mods. I wish you were in the SF Bay area. I have 3 outragous Camaros that you could test

Pedders offers lots of choices from basic stuff to full outright track capable systems. We have a system for everyone.

But we are a huge supporter of getting you in the front seat of a Pedderized Camaro.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBH View Post
Any C-Fest observations on various suspension setups ?
I did my first ever autocross in my V6 with Pedders XA coilovers at C5F. I got to make 4 passes with my car. Best time of 39.680 was better than a lot of the V8s there (and best V6 by a couple of seconds)!

I used Mike's alignment specs and setup info and was VERY pleased with the results! Keep in mind, that time was posted with stock P-Zeros as well!

The everyday ride quality is a bit stiffer for me since I run the dampening settings pretty high. When softened up the ride is supple and better than stock IMHO.

I am not new to suspension setup either. I've road raced motorcycles at a professional level so I'm fairly well versed in suspension setup.... probably more so than most. I can tell you, you will not be disappointed with this setup!

And if these XAs are too "mundane" for you, Pedders has a new version out with remote reservoirs that will suite any need up to and including professional level competition!

One of the guys at the fest shot some HD video, of my runs, that I will post here when he sends me the footage....

Big thanks to Mike (DMS) for the help with the setup! It ROCKS!

PS: I also had the fastest V6 1/4 mile time of the event at 14.37@96.51 (DA was +1978)

Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #17
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
I did my first ever autocross in my V6 with Pedders XA coilovers at C5F. I got to make 4 passes with my car. Best time of 39.680 was better than a lot of the V8s there (and best V6 by a couple of seconds)!

I used Mike's alignment specs and setup info and was VERY pleased with the results! Keep in mind, that time was posted with stock P-Zeros as well!

The everyday ride quality is a bit stiffer for me since I run the dampening settings pretty high. When softened up the ride is supple and better than stock IMHO.

I am not new to suspension setup either. I've road raced motorcycles at a professional level so I'm fairly well versed in suspension setup.... probably more so than most. I can tell you, you will not be disappointed with this setup!

And if these XAs are too "mundane" for you, Pedders has a new version out with remote reservoirs that will suite any need up to and including professional level competition!

One of the guys at the fest shot some HD video, of my runs, that I will post here when he sends me the footage....

PS: I also had the fastest V6 1/4 mile time of the event at 14.37@96.51 (DA was +1978)

You did fantastic since it was your first autocross. Pete and I did a autocross out here in California and had a ton of nubies. We helped them a huge amount. Many had improvements of 10 seconds!!

this is such a fun thing to do

thanks
mike
dms
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #18
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
I was there in the Pfadt booth, and watching some of the auto cross times, and it seemed the pfadt products did very well, taking number one and number two.

Info can be found here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78563

Regards

Last edited by IPS Brandon; 04-23-2010 at 11:44 AM.
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
It was a very impromptu event at SEMA, where Pedders got Paul Tracy to drive their car with 10xs the parts (and money) of several competitors heck...Hardly a challenge in reality, it was just a marketing event for company's with a good budget.

Are real challenge is a time attack event of sorts, with the same driver and conditions and power restrictions, and then we can test the real results of suspension engineering and product quality. Not the joke that was the optima challenge.

-Regards
There was nothing impromptu about it. Jimi Day plans the Challenge along with a number of supporters very carefully. It was televised on the SPEED channel. Impromptu, no way.

Wow, were the other guys blindfolded with one hand tied behind their back and running on only three tires with a bowl of goldfish on the seat. I find these after the fact explanations comical. I used to here them when I was a careless young and foolih street racer, from the guy that just lost...

Pedders was a LAST MINUTE ADDITION to the Optima Challenge. The car we ran is MY DAILY DRIVER. My wife drives the kids to school in the car. The event is the Ultimate Street Car Challenge and not excuse-fest. A number of 5th Gen Camaros went head to head on track. Only one was the fastest by a large margin. Pedders took their DAILY DRIVER and posted the 3rd fastest time overall (with a very good driver who had never been in the car before, but is a long time friend and advisor) at the event on the road course and the fastest time for any 5th Gen Camaro. Aaron is a race car driver. He drove the Pfadt prepped Camaro. The results are what they are. The Pfadt car ran what it ran. There are no excuses on a race track and all that matters is the time you run and where you finish.

I see no data acquisition equipment in any brand x-suspension car running road course to document performance and post it on the forum other than Pedders. I have seen a lot of parking lot exhibitions for brand-x, but no hard core runs on a road course with performance detailed data posted.

Pedders was hands down the first to be fast with the 5th Gen and post exactly how to be that fast on the forum. We posted the corner weights, we posted the alignment specifications, we posted the coil rates, the damper settings, the RWHP, the wheel and tire details, the sway bar rates, brake information, pad information, tire, caliper and rotor temps all right here on the forum. We told everybody BEFORE the OPTIMA CHALLENGE EXACTLY HOW TO BE FAST AND EXACTLY WHAT WE HAD ON OUR CAR. Pedders taught the 5th Gen community how to be fast on a road course ON THE FORUM. With all the Pedders data published on the forum, how could ANYONE show up at an event and NOT be prepared?

There is too much whining, complaining and BS on the board. The Pfadt car ran what it ran. You lost. It is over and done and nothing you say can change the results.

I / Pedders corporate did not make it to C5Fest, and that is a huge disappointment to me. Worse I did not run a prepared car in the autocross or arrange a prepared car. Shame on me. I should have. Aaron planned well for C5Fest. His two prepped cars with carefully selected drivers posted the fastest times. Pedders CONGRATULATES Aaron and Pfadt for their success at C5Fest. Well Done TEAM Pfadt!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #20
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post

Really WELL DONE! Congratulations!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #21
JusticePete

Suspension Shoot Out -- How about a Sexiest Shoot Out

Most everyone with a 5th Gen is into bolt-on technology. Pedders is now involved with the ULTIMATE BOLT-ON DREAM PROJECT

Oops, wrong dream. This dream is to build a NASCAR style circle track car from a body in white and do it in an environmentally positive way. The dream is to go racing with E85, cats and be socially responsible AND beat the traditional style race cars that are HD polluters. On top of that, we do it on a reasonable budget with off the shelf parts so that this class of racing is available to most anyone who can turn a wrench along with a couple of buddies in his garage.

So which would be sexier to a 5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast? A 5th Gen NASCAR style dedicated race car built from off the shelf part that kicks a$$ on track or Pamela Anderson?

VOTE HERE
Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #22
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Pedders CONGRATULATES Aaron and Pfadt for their success at C5Fest. Well Done TEAM Pfadt!
Thank you! We appreciate it. Like we have posted elsewhere, it was important to us to show up for this community, prepare a plan for some customer cars, and show what we could to compared to the competition. We had time for this preparation, and it paid off. We look forward to any other events of this nature that we can attend. Thanks guys!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #23
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Thank you! We appreciate it. Like we have posted elsewhere, it was important to us to show up for this community, prepare a plan for some customer cars, and show what we could to compared to the competition. We had time for this preparation, and it paid off. We look forward to any other events of this nature that we can attend. Thanks guys!
You earned it. We'll run head to head again. I am looking forward to it as I am sure you are.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #24
Info@PeddersUSA.com

You can buy a Camaro body from Gm Performance. Only $7000

MIKE
DMS
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
JusticePete

Economy is a key element of the project. Not only will it be environmentally friendly, it will be bank account friendly. Keeping the cost down is as important and using renewable fuels and reducing emissions.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #26
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
I was there in the Pfadt booth, and watching some of the auto cross times, and it seemed the pfadt products did very well, taking number one and number two.

Info can be found here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78563

Regards
Thanks for bringing this up Brandon. We had a great time at Camaro5 Fest and we'd certainly participate in another event so count us in for a shoot out.

Camaro5 Fest was not only a great event, but our suspension packages won FIRST in BOTH classes (race tire and street tire). Our facility at Miller Motorsports Park here in Utah, is a great starting point for all of our testing and winning both Autocross classes was quite an accomplishment. Our coil overs, sport sways and subframe mounts were were on the winning race tire class Camaro and our drop springs and sport sways were on the winning street tire class Camaro.

Race Tire Class
In the race tire class our Pfadt Coil Overs, Sport Sway Bars, and Rear Subframe mounts were installed by Cincy Speed. Our package provided optimal handling to turn well, put down power and handle brake dive. The stance was nice and low and the street ride quality is amazing.

Street Tire Class
In the street tire class our Pfadt Drop Springs and Sport Sway Bars were installed on the Torq Camaro. Proving that proper, poised handling is the result with all our products, Erik at Torq won the class.

Test Drives
The Pfadt Development Camaro was also on hand to offer customer test drives. As a suspension engineering company, we have kept our Camaro completely stock with the exception of our suspension components. It is our philosophy that adding horsepower to our car would mask the results provided by our suspension components. Take a ride in the Pfadt Camaro and experience our suspension.

Check the pics of the Pfadt Development Car below.

We would love to take part in any event in the future. We are a suspension engineering company, that is what we are all about.

Our company is a true engineering company that takes the time to strategically provide solutions to components on the new Camaro chassis. We are not satisfied with simply having "a solution", but we want to make sure it is the strongest, lightest, best performing solution. We want to make sure our customers understand why we engineer our products to have certain features different from the competition, and how that will benefit you as the end user.

If you'd like a little more insight into our engineering approach and products, check out the videos of our testing, and the before and after differences.

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #27
JusticePete

Who had the fastest time in a Six Cylinder?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #28
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
But we are a huge supporter of getting you in the front seat of a Pedderized Camaro.

mike
dms
Will there be test drives or rides at the May 22 Pedders Day in Medina, OH?
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension camarofest