Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #71
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
I'm in - just registered. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too much
Haha, you and me both!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #72
Lanky

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Signed up! I'm pumped
Old 06-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #73
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
If I can manage the time off work... I may consider getting in on this...

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #74
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Registered. I'm really looking forward to this. For those in
The novice group I think we will have an instructor ride with us-
I hope . It's the best way to get comfortable with the
Course. Marticus24 maybe we can follow each other over there.

We'll have to talk about it
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #75
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Spare the rod and spoil the child.

When I built my first hot rod engine in high school I had help from one of my father's friends. When we completed the job we took it for a test drive. After we verified there were no leaks, double checked the timing and re-torqued some bolts it was time to see if we did it right. We warmed all the fluids as measured by old school 'mechanical' gauges and headed to a deserted stretch of highway for the TEST. Idle at a dead stop to red line straight through the gears! Then a cool down at 50 for a minute. Drop a gear and pound through to red line in each gear. Cool down. Back to just under red line and hold it, bang shift to just under redline and hold it. We did this for 30 minutes and then drove back to my home garage. He told me my new engine was bullet proof unless I over revved it. If it was going to break, it would already be broken. We changed the oil and filter with subsequent changes at 500 mil intervals for the first 3,000 miles. I sold that car with 130K on that engine

Taking a brand new car to the track requires just a bit of extra care. Bedding your brakes at the track is a great way to warm the lubricating fluids in your new car. After the cool down, in your next session use the first three laps to warm them back up. Your new car is now ready to go all out or as fast as all out is with your comfort level at the track. Run three hard laps. Keep your on on the oil and water temp. Back off no matter what they read. Don't push it. Run a cool down lap or two. Switch to cool down laps IMMEDIATELY if you see the temps getting too high at any time.

5th Gens are BUILT. They don't melt in the rain. They are durable on the track. There is no need to baby the BULLY you own.
This is by far the most inspirational post I've read so far on this forum. Thanks JusticePete, thanks Camaro5 and thanks Becky!

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
A couple of questions... I've never done something like this, but this seems like a great opportunity.

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
-Passengers allowed?

I'm probably going to come, but just want to know how this stuff typically goes.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Post #1 has most of the info you need. Also you can click on the novice link for more info at CGI's website. A novice is $185 which includes the instructor and is mandatory. There will be other vehicles out there but CGI is reserving the first slots for Camaro5! I didn't see anything about having a passenger but you can contact CGI to find out! Hope to see you there! This is my first event of this type too!
All of this is correct, and those were great questions - thanks for helping marticus out, Mike!

To clarify:

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
Yes. The cost for the Novice group is slightly more, because instructors will be on-hand to help.
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
Both! But a ride-along will be most beneficial to improving your skill. You may also ask your instructor to take YOU out for a ride, to see what your car is truly capable of. That's an eye-opener for sure!!
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
Yes, but as of right now - there are 13 Camaros signed up...and we've made that arrangement special with CGI. If we happen to fill up the track day...then it will be Camaro-only! In any event, I think it's safe to say that there will be a LOT of Camaros there.
-Passengers allowed?
Only drivers in the advanced group will be allowed to have passengers. But the instructors might be able to take guests around for a ride. They must have an approved helmet, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
Signed up! I'm pumped
Awesome!!! I've added you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
If I can manage the time off work... I may consider getting in on this...
Let us know if you can get the time - I'll add your name to the list!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Registered. I'm really looking forward to this. For those in
The novice group I think we will have an instructor ride with us-
I hope . It's the best way to get comfortable with the
Course. Marticus24 maybe we can follow each other over there.

We'll have to talk about it
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #77
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Working out the details but me and Duff might be there. Should know in the next few days. I would love to have an instructor drive my car and show me what its got. I probably will never test its limits. But it sure would be fun to see what it can do.
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #78
State Funded

Drives: '10 Black SS w/IOM painted stripes
Any refunds for a rainy day?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #79
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
add me to the list
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #80
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
OK, I am forcing myself to attend.

I just registered and paid

look forward to hitting this track again and a track for the first time this year.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #81
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by State Funded View Post
Any refunds for a rainy day?
I ran in the rain there last year.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #82
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Add me to the list !! Paid and ready to go !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #83
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Looks like a good turnout for this! 16 so far with another month to go! Can't wait!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #84
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Since Gingerman is literally just up the interstate, we'd thought we'd do a little open house for anyone coming out. We'll also be able to do installs and/or fix anything before or after the track day. We'll also be offering free installs on our Strut Tower braces and Trans tunnel braces, but please call or email to setup an appointment.

Both Thursday and Friday night we'll be open and have the grill fired up till 8pm, so stop on by, hang out, and check out some of our work. The RPM Dream Garage Tour will also be on hand display all the latest products from the likes of Gladiator Garageworks, Pirelli Tires, SSBC brakes, Superchips, Dakota Digital, K&N, Oracle lighting, Kinetik batteries, AccuAir Suspension and more.

We're just 20 miles south of Gingerman on I-196 at:
Halo Super Cars
3960 Red Arrow Highway
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-849-3206
www.halosupercars.com
facebook.com/halosupercars
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough