Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #211
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Good Morning.

Ladies and gentlemen; Start Your Engines!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #212
Aimless

Drives: TANNHÄUSER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Nice meeting & talking to everyone tonight. Aimless, ssmike, Tbone, & marcus, not sure if he is on here or has a screen name.

See you guys in the morning, be safe & lets run them!
I'm marcus!
at least I was last I checked...
Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #213
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
I'm marcus!
at least I was last I checked...
corrected
Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #214
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Wow! What a day! Probably the most fun I have had yet in the Camaro! I learned a few things too! My instructor was fantastic and I even got to ride with him in his Lotus for some incredible hot laps!

Thank you Mr. Wyndham, BeckyD, CGI, and everyone who put this event together! Thanks T. And Matt for all your advice, and Zeus for loaning me his GoPro! Now I have to figure out how to get all the chunks of rubber off the wheels! I don't think my Camaro has been this dirty since forever!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #215
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
IT was a blast meeting and hanging out with everyone. Gingerman is definitely a technical track and lots of fun. I just wish it was not so damn hot today.

I am looking forward to Matt's video's (TLSTWIN). He had like 5 GoPro's on his car. Thanks for lunch too.

I made it home with no issues so I think my issue was heat related. I was done anyway. I hope everyone else makes it home ok.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #216
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
What a day!!! It was great to see everyone at the track. The CGI
instructors were great. You couldn't ask for better when you are
a beginner.

Thanks Mr Wyndham for putting this together. Maybe next time you'll
be able to participate.

Thanks Phil and Holly from CGI. You have a classy group of really nice
people. Hope we can run an event with you again soon. Holly - thanks
for the ride -amazing!!

I ran some lap times and will post it when I get to a computer that
can do it

:b urnrubber:
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #217
TLSTWIN

T., Glad you made it home ok and your welcome.

We just got home and unloaded.

I am starting the process of getting the videos to my computer.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and glad everyone got off the track with no problems that couldn't get handled quickly and no issues getting anyone home.

It was a good day
Attached Images

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 07-19-2013 at 09:56 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #218
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
We are cooling off in the hotel after an awesome day! Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this event together. My instructor was great as well, I learned a ton and can't wait to do it again. It was awesome to meet everyone that I did from here as well. Lots of sweet rides.

I'll post pics and vids when I get home and on a more capable computer.

PS - My poor car has never been this dirty... and just got rained on for the second time on three years - kind of liberating
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #219
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Great meeting everyone one today! ! Great to put a face to a name. Thanks for all the help and making my first track day, out of this world!! Special thanks to TBone for the Torque wrench and pointers! Super Huge Thanks to Halo Super car for getting us fixed and back on the road. C you all in 2 weeks!!
Also a Huge thanks to CGI !!
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #220
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Great day guys, it was a blast. Matt tx for the tire plug again, a bolt in the tire the first session is not how I wanted to start the day, luckily it held up rest of the day.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #221
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Great day guys, it was a blast. Matt tx for the tire plug again, a bolt in the tire the first session is not how I wanted to start the day, luckily it held up rest of the day.
You are very welcome, glad you were able to get the full day in.
I wish I was able 2 follow you more, but always seemed like something was going on.

It looks like my last 2 cessions I was consistanly @ 1:52
Old 07-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #222
State Funded

Drives: '10 Black SS w/IOM painted stripes
Its rare that I get excited over some recreational activity, but what a freaking day. For those of us who didn't have any mechanical issues it was awesome. The rain held out, we got saved from the heat by the breeze, for the most part, and the time on the track with our cars was perfect. CGI was a great group all around from my instructor Mark, to all the others I had talked to. All of them were very patient, helpful and instructed from a professional perspective. I never imagined of pushing my car to the limit (and beyond in my case) and thinking it would take it. Driving this hard is something I would of never did without the instructor continuing to hone my driving style to get the most out of the track and car. The ride alongs with the pros in thier cars was a whole 'nother experience, Talk about perma-grin. I would definitely do this again and will probably go back in august when CGI puts on another event at Gingerman. I think I caught the bug. Good to see some familiar faces and nice to meet a couple new ones.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #223
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I really wanted to get in the 1:44s but with that heat it was tough. I ran 1:46.20 a few times and consistent 1:46/7s. My pads are gone even though the cooling ducts saved my behind. Tires are looking like the Z/28 ones.

And no joke about the wind, it saved us in that heat!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #224
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
I had a blast at the event, thanks to CGI and everyone for hosting such a top notch event. I definitely had some issues in the afternoon when my serpentine belt snapped mid run and my car limped around the track. I literally thought I blew up my car and wanted to puke. Special thanks to Halo Supercars who literally went above and beyond to help me. They found out the belt part number, called around and drove an hour to bring it back to me. They installed it, told me to follow them to their shop so they could make sure I would make it home safe. Tom, Jody, and Brent are of the highest caliber guys.

Special thanks to Zeus for keeping me sane and making sure I made it home safe too.

Overall it was only $40 worth of damage and a busted up hood insulation piece. It's part of the game I guess!

Will definitely be back with 10 spare belts!
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough