Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #99
x3speed

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 1SS/1LE w/ DME
Cost on a brake fluid change? Any ideas for affordable helmets?

"If you love something set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."
x3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #100
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Super Cars View Post
Since Gingerman is literally just up the interstate, we'd thought we'd do a little open house for anyone coming out. We'll also be able to do installs and/or fix anything before or after the track day. We'll also be offering free installs on our Strut Tower braces and Trans tunnel braces, but please call or email to setup an appointment.

Both Thursday and Friday night we'll be open and have the grill fired up till 8pm, so stop on by, hang out, and check out some of our work. The RPM Dream Garage Tour will also be on hand display all the latest products from the likes of Gladiator Garageworks, Pirelli Tires, SSBC brakes, Superchips, Dakota Digital, K&N, Oracle lighting, Kinetik batteries, AccuAir Suspension and more.

We're just 20 miles south of Gingerman on I-196 at:
Halo Super Cars
3960 Red Arrow Highway
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-849-3206
www.halosupercars.com
facebook.com/halosupercars
That's awesome !! Hopefully I won;t need anything fixed. But its good to know there is a Quailty shop very close !!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #101
Zeus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3speed View Post
Cost on a brake fluid change? Any ideas for affordable helmets?
I got the Bell Supreme Closed face off of Ebay for $259. I went closed face because all tracks will not take open face and I didn't wanna carry around or pay for 2 helmets.
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #102
x3speed

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 1SS/1LE w/ DME
I've seen some open faced helmets for $155. I would probably only run at gingerman because the family has a lake house very close to it. Not sure cost/ where to get a brake fluid change.

"If you love something set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."
x3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #103
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Cool, did you get my message? about ride height & such?
No. Please send it to PGB@PeddersUSA.com
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #104
Zeus95

Im getting a quote right now to upgrade pads and fluid. Not sure about cost yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #105
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
man, i wanna go to this...instead i'm trapped on this stupid tropical island :P
(finally got a chance to use it!!)
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #106
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
(finally got a chance to use it!!)
Lol...nice :P

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #107
JusticePete

When shopping helmets, look for Snell SA. The A designates automotive.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #108
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
I know the differences and everything between the SA and M ratings. Most of the events I have look at attending are okay with using the M rating.

I have a Snell 2010 M rated helmet that I used last year at the Camaro5Fest. Will this be acceptable at the Gingerman event?

I am hoping to be able to attend but the cost of getting the car ready and travel is a big question right now. If I have to get an new helmet, I probably won't be able to make it.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #109
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
I know the differences and everything between the SA and M ratings. Most of the events I have look at attending are okay with using the M rating.

I have a Snell 2010 M rated helmet that I used last year at the Camaro5Fest. Will this be acceptable at the Gingerman event?

I am hoping to be able to attend but the cost of getting the car ready and travel is a big question right now. If I have to get an new helmet, I probably won't be able to make it.
I used my motorcycle helmet last year.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #110
JusticePete

Many of you are aware that Stig's Camaro started on fire resulting in a total loss driving down the street. The lining in a motorcycle rated brain bucket is not fire retardant. It is all good until something goes wrong and the only reason you wear a helmet is for when something goes wrong.

The ONLY reason tracks let you run a car with a M helmet is you have signed away all your rights to sue. If you get hurt you are on your own. It has nothing to do with your safety.

A Well driven stock 5TH Gen runs damn fast on a road course. Gingerman is a very forgiving track with the exception of the last turn off the back straight. Everyone should end the day without incident. As many times as I have never seen a driver require medical attention. There have been fatal accidents... until things go wrong.

We have gone round and round about this for years regarding CamaroCross. If the decision were mine SA rated helmets would be required. Your brain is what you are. It deserves to be in the best helmet you can afford. Helmets come before mods, drinks, dinner... You get the idea. This is my opinion and nothing more. Take it for what you feel it is worth.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #111
Zeus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Many of you are aware that Stig's Camaro started on fire resulting in a total loss driving down the street. The lining in a motorcycle rated brain bucket is not fire retardant. It is all good until something goes wrong and the only reason you wear a helmet is for when something goes wrong.

The ONLY reason tracks let you run a car with a M helmet is you have signed away all your rights to sue. If you get hurt you are on your own. It has nothing to do with your safety.

A Well driven stock 5TH Gen runs damn fast on a road course. Gingerman is a very forgiving track with the exception of the last turn off the back straight. Everyone should end the day without incident. As many times as I have never seen a driver require medical attention. There have been fatal accidents... until things go wrong.

We have gone round and round about this for years regarding CamaroCross. If the decision were mine SA rated helmets would be required. Your brain is what you are. It deserves to be in the best helmet you can afford. Helmets come before mods, drinks, dinner... You get the idea. This is my opinion and nothing more. Take it for what you feel it is worth.
Agree +1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #112
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Also a fire extinguisher is never a bad idea.

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough