#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-17-2023, 11:17 AM   #15
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I was thinking of getting rid of the DSX low side (and plugging the tank where the DSX low side feed was added) and run Katech's in-tank pumps. Even though I would never really use the car for a road course/auto-X/etc, I like having all the functionality GM engineered into the system. I don't want to have to worry about fuel sloshing around below a 1/2-1/3 tank and all that.

Looking forward to whatever you post here
How about enjoying some of the GM engineered functionality in the rest of the car on a road course
Old 10-17-2023, 12:25 PM   #16
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Also, a little birdy told me DSX is working on a complete package that includes an intake low side solution and port injection that integrates with HPTuners to allow the stock ECU to control the port injectors. I have no proof or special knowledge of this, but if true, it's going to be awesome.
I think Dave himself posted that this is in the works on facebook or one of the forums. That would be the ultimate solution, for sure. I assume there would be a segment addition to the ECU through HPT, possibly a segment that comes from a C7 ZR1 or something similar.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 12:32 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
Gotcha. I definitely think this is the better solution. I was considering the DSX low side, but I just did not want to drill my tank. Plus, I do track my car, so it wasn't a good option anyway.
I didn't want to, but I didn't have another option that would work for my situation. TravisLambert had issues with his DSX, just because of the fuel sloshing from one side to the other, and I don't remember how he fixed that, but this configuration is perfect for what I believe I need. I'll fix that in the future with this

At least it looks like I can reuse the DSX controller, and just correct the plumbing, as necessary. I'm hoping you'll post some information about that, too, if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
How about enjoying some of the GM engineered functionality in the rest of the car on a road course
Yeah - IF I had a course that was close. My nearest track (10-minutes away) is closing, and Sonoma is about an hour away, when there isn't traffic, so... But I want to!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 12:46 PM   #18
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
I didn't want to, but I didn't have another option that would work for my situation. TravisLambert had issues with his DSX, just because of the fuel sloshing from one side to the other, and I don't remember how he fixed that, but this configuration is perfect for what I believe I need. I'll fix that in the future with this

At least it looks like I can reuse the DSX controller, and just correct the plumbing, as necessary. I'm hoping you'll post some information about that, too, if you have the time.

Yeah - IF I had a course that was close. My nearest track (10-minutes away) is closing, and Sonoma is about an hour away, when there isn't traffic, so... But I want to!
What did you want to know about the controller? I already have that installed. All I had to do to make it work was extend the 2 wires that connect to the DSX aux pump itself. The rest of the kit is installed the same as the DSX kit.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:29 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
What did you want to know about the controller? I already have that installed. All I had to do to make it work was extend the 2 wires that connect to the DSX aux pump itself. The rest of the kit is installed the same as the DSX kit.
OK. I think that's enough information for me to understand.

If I already have a low-side kit installed, do you think I'd have to create a completely new low side, or do you think I can get away with using the DSX, and integrate the secondary Katech pump into the existing DSX system? I'm sure I'd have to move some stuff around, but I hear my fuel system (DSX/THPSI) is good to around 1000-WHP on E', and that's all I'm trying to build up to (because I'll never want to go that high, and don't want to have to add a separate secondary fuel line up to the engine unless I have to). So - do you think I can "T"-into the OEM fuel supply line, like the DSX does, with Katech's pump kit, or do I have to run a completely separate line, from the secondary pump, up to the rail area?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-17-2023, 01:41 PM   #20
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
OK. I think that's enough information for me to understand.

If I already have a low-side kit installed, do you think I'd have to create a completely new low side, or do you think I can get away with using the DSX, and integrate the secondary Katech pump into the existing DSX system? I'm sure I'd have to move some stuff around, but I hear my fuel system (DSX/THPSI) is good to around 1000-WHP on E', and that's all I'm trying to build up to (because I'll never want to go that high, and don't want to have to add a separate secondary fuel line up to the engine unless I have to). So - do you think I can "T"-into the OEM fuel supply line, like the DSX does, with Katech's pump kit, or do I have to run a completely separate line, from the secondary pump, up to the rail area?
No, for the plumbing side, you would just remove the DSX system and put the lines back to stock. The Katech pump uses the factory fuel line for both pumps. All you have to add is an inline fuel filter.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:57 PM   #21
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
I think Dave himself posted that this is in the works on facebook or one of the forums. That would be the ultimate solution, for sure. I assume there would be a segment addition to the ECU through HPT, possibly a segment that comes from a C7 ZR1 or something similar.
Yeah there is going to need to be a special write requirement at first before this would be possible. But if the ECU has the room, it should be possible to add the ZR1's port control functionality.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 02:05 PM   #22
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
what kind of power are you looking to make? i need something that will hold 1000 rwhp on E.

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 02:52 PM   #23
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
what kind of power are you looking to make? i need something that will hold 1000 rwhp on E.
Katech claims this pump will support 1000whp on full E85. You will just have to have the high side or port injection to go along with it.

Old 10-17-2023, 03:52 PM   #24
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Yeah there is going to need to be a special write requirement at first before this would be possible. But if the ECU has the room, it should be possible to add the ZR1's port control functionality.
This is a game changer and I’ve been in contact with Dave about this. Supposedly ready by end of year…but…all manufacturers say that stuff lol…. Worth the wait though.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:23 PM   #25
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
This is a game changer and I’ve been in contact with Dave about this. Supposedly ready by end of year…but…all manufacturers say that stuff lol…. Worth the wait though.

Yeah I'm definitely excited about it. We have a couple of cars that will be ready to install the day it releases. I'm likely going to hold off on some of the mods on my new 2023 ZL1 so that I can wait for an all in one fuel solution.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 04:31 PM   #26
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Yeah I'm definitely excited about it. We have a couple of cars that will be ready to install the day it releases. I'm likely going to hold off on some of the mods on my new 2023 ZL1 so that I can wait for an all in one fuel solution.
Yeah you can add me to that list. My new Whipple 3.0 has been installed for about a whopping 5 months and it’s coming off and getting shipped to Katech for the port injection modification (comes with injector ports and rail retaining bosses precast from Whipple) the minute my car is parked for the winter. That way it’ll be ready to rock. Already have the Fore triple with -10 AN supply and -8 AN return lines so all set there.

(Sorry, didn’t mean to derail the thread….!)
Old 10-18-2023, 08:00 AM   #27
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
If you already have a DSX low side system, there shouldn't be any need for this. Unless you are replacing the DSX system with this for low fuel functionality, but then you would have to buy a new fuel tank.
You would simply install a bulkhead fitting and use an AN cap to plug it. About $25 in parts to seal a preexisting aux pump hole.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM   #28
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
You would simply install a bulkhead fitting and use an AN cap to plug it. About $25 in parts to seal a preexisting aux pump hole.
FOR CEREAL?! EXCELLENT!!!

Thanks for everyone's information!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"