Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Adam's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Here's another fun one I did...

I've recently been getting a few PM's and have seen a few threads as to what kind of leather conditioner everyone should use on the "2" models that come with Leather interiors.

My vote is... You guessed it - Adam's Leather Conditioner, used in unison with Adam's Leather and Interior cleaner.

Everyone around here knows I'm a huge fan of Adam's products, and I wear his shirt proudly now that I got my hands on one!

Adam's products aren't the only products I have on my shelves. Keep that in mind when I recommend a product, its because its my favorite or; go-to product when I need it for a specific task.

So now that you've read my little rah-rah I love Adam's spiel.. Here's some results.

So... What we will be working on today Mr. Ryan? We're going to be cleaning up Ryan's stinky work boots! Yes indeed - This here pair of Redwings 606's ($189 MSRP) have seen the likes of some nasty stuff in last 2 & 1/2 years. My job consists of crawling attics and crawl spaces, climbing 28' ladders, swingin' hammers, ect. all on a regular basis. These boots have seen better days.

In this fine write up, you will see the use of the following products:

Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner
Adam's Leather Conditioner
Adam's Dressing Applicator
Crappy "Brand X" Microfiber towel (Lets face it these puppies aren't seeing any good MF towels)

So, here's our subjects:

Here's a few shots after just a wipe down with Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner. Notice how dirty the brand new MF towel is after just 1 boot.

Now here's a finished boot after applying Adam's Leather Conditioner. How's that untreated boot lookin' compared to the one that got some love?

Here's our finished pair. Not too shabby for 2 1/2 year old beat up boots aye?

Thanks for checkin' it out... Hopefully this will help some folks make their decisions as to what products to purchase.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #2
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Holy macro... dude.

good idea, lol. i never thought of that.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

I use the leather conditioner on all my leather.. Even my jackets!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
My office chair gets a regular treatment too
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
I've been doing this to all my leather jackets and my Air Jordan's too. I'm surprised more people don't do this. That stuff can be used inside the house as well as inside the car.

Now wait until you find out how well the All Purpose Cleaner acts as a stain remover in clothing. Just try and not use it in a small room. That smell will remove your nose hairs!

P.S. Good use of those brand X towels!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Now I can't wait till I get my stuff, I'm going to go to town on my motorycycle jacket!
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #7
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
2LTRS: as I have Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, I have been using such. Holding off on an order from Adams. If you have used the Zaino, how does the zaino compare with the Adams cleaner and conditioner???
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
2LTRS: as I have Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, I have been using such. Holding off on an order from Adams. If you have used the Zaino, how does the zaino compare with the Adams cleaner and conditioner???
I've used them both and they perform very similar.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
I havent used Zaino products since '02-'04 and the vehicle I had back then had custom tweed interior, so I had no use for their leather conditioner. I honestly cannot compare the two..

I trust the Junkman's judgement
Old 07-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Thanks, think I will add them to my next Adams order.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
tarheel34
Go Heels!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I've used them both and they perform very similar.
What about the smell? I have about 1/2 bottle of Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, but am wanting to try out the Adam's stuff.

The main reason I went with Zaino the first time was that the Z10 makes the car smell "new" and a lot of the other stuff out there just stinks.
tarheel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel34 View Post
What about the smell? I have about 1/2 bottle of Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, but am wanting to try out the Adam's stuff.

The main reason I went with Zaino the first time was that the Z10 makes the car smell "new" and a lot of the other stuff out there just stinks.
The reason I bought the Zaino products was because of the smell that everyone talked about. It is different and I had no complaints. The Adam's products all smell good but I really don't associate a smell with the Leather Conditioner. At least it doesn't stand out as much as Zaino's does. I'm not too much into the smells as I am in how the product works. Like I said before, they are very similar.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
The Junkman has spoken! Since he agrees that both Zaino and Adam's leather conditioner perform about the same, looks like you have to turn to intangibles to decide.

Zaino Z10 Leather conditioner = $10.95 and has an awesome 'New Car Leather' smell
Adams Leather Conditioner = $19.95 and has no noticeable smell

Easy choice!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
The Junkman has spoken! Since he agrees that both Zaino and Adam's leather conditioner perform about the same, looks like you have to turn to intangibles to decide.

Zaino Z10 Leather conditioner = $10.95 and has an awesome 'New Car Leather' smell
Adams Leather Conditioner = $19.95 and has no noticeable smell

Easy choice!
Nice try, but it's not that simple. Although I agree that you can't go wrong with either product as they both work as advertised, Zaino's product is sold in an 8 ounce bottle. Adam's is sold in a 16 ounce bottle. Thus, you get twice the product for more than half the price ($19.95 as compared to $21.90). Also, Adam's comes with a 110% satisfaction money back guarantee. Zaino doesn't. Thus, it cost you nothing to try the Adam's product but if you don't like the Zaino product, you're stuck with it.

So as you see, the smarter money is on the Adam's product if you look at the "intangibles" as you call them.

Now, I have spoken.