Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Which springs and Sways?

Im looking to put a 1-1.25 inch drop on the Maro when it comes in. LIke most, I am torn between the Pfadt and the Hotchkis and Eibach. Anybody with experience on ride quality, performance and such? For those of you that already have them, is it so low that i have to be carefull of parking stalls and curbs / speed bumps and such? Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide

T
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post
LIke most, I am torn between the Pfadt and the Hotchkis and Eibach
T
Just curious how come your not looking into Pedders?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Pfadt FTW!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Installed Pfadt springs and sway bars last week. WOW...what a difference. I love the way it drives now. It feels smaller and more planted/glued to the road. As far as ride quality...it's a little more firm but not harsh. You definitely feel the road more, but I like that feeling.

As far as height, you will have to watch curbs when you pull into a parking spot (but you'll hit them with the stock height as well) . I haven't scraped anything yet. Plenty of clearance for headers. The lowest spot is definitely the black rubber piece that runs from side to side under the front bumper. If anything's gonna scrape, it's gonna be that...on a dip in the road or a speed bump....but so far, so good for me.

And of course...the stance is SOOOO much better.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
I would check out Pedders they where on every GM owned camaro at the SEMA show.We are a new Pedders dealer and it is such a up grade that it is hard to believe.We are installing the xa coil overs on our car,but the drop coil springs are a big improvement.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I don't have my Camaro yet but at the moment my vote is for Pedders. From the videos and stuff I've see of their stuff they really know what they are doing. I saw their springs on their site for $300 front and rear. You can probalby find them a little cheaper if you look around. Haven't looked at their sway bars yet but I'm sure they are in the $180 a piece range.

I really like DSE's kit but it was like $925 for the springs and sways. I checked with them and they will not sell them seperately. I like the fact that I can buy Pedders springs and then later the sways when I gather up the money.

I've used both Eibach and Hotchkis in the past. Both worked great and really changed the looks of my cars. I wouldn't completely count them out either. I think I saw Eibach's Pro kit for like $260 somewhere. Haven't seen springs from Hotchkis just yet.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
I picked up my Eibach Pro springs from a vendor on this site for $232 shipped.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #8
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Installed Pfadt springs and sway bars last week. WOW...what a difference. I love the way it drives now. It feels smaller and more planted/glued to the road. As far as ride quality...it's a little more firm but not harsh. You definitely feel the road more, but I like that feeling.

As far as height, you will have to watch curbs when you pull into a parking spot (but you'll hit them with the stock height as well) . I haven't scraped anything yet. Plenty of clearance for headers. The lowest spot is definitely the black rubber piece that runs from side to side under the front bumper. If anything's gonna scrape, it's gonna be that...on a dip in the road or a speed bump....but so far, so good for me.

And of course...the stance is SOOOO much better.

thanks man, I ordered the Pfadt package. Everybody else likes it too! did you do your install? Thanks for the info.!

T
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
How much was the Pfadt pkg? I'm assuming that's front/rear springs and swaybars?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
packge was on group buy til monday for 720

we both ordered it and we gonn use my car as a "guinie pig" for the install lol

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
We recommend PFADT and have stacks in stock.

214-228-8782

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
did you do your install? Thanks for the info.!

T
your welcome...nope, I didn't do my own install. When it comes to spring compressors, I leave that to the pros.

I think you'll be real happy with the Pfadt setup.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
Aaron Pfadt
Pfadt Race Engineering

Drives: 7.0 Liters of Fury
Quote:
thanks man, I ordered the Pfadt package. Everybody else likes it too! did you do your install? Thanks for the info.!

T
Thanks for ordering! Feel free to contact us anytime if you have product or setup questions.

-Aaron
Aaron Pfadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I'm very happy with my Pfadt sport sway's. And you don't have to pull or loosen anything except tires up front to remove or install.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote