Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
In my opinion. - They're not..
They don't look back. They don't really care about the camaro or mustang. And definitely not the challenger.
Not looking back is the reason why GM and Ford and many others are trying to "catch up". Even though they might be ahead.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #16
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I have an M3, I'm looking at a number of cars including the new Camaro (I bought used so pricing for a loaded Camaro/Mustang would be similar).

Here is a list of what a Camaro offers that my M3 does not and its almost half the cost:

Heated and cooled seats – mine are only heated
Heated steering wheel
HUD
Valved exhaust
Magnetic Dampers
Updated LCD displays
Cheaper repair, maintenance and replacement costs
40 more HP and 160 more lb/tq

I agree if you can afford an $80k car and plan on spending that much most won't look at the pony car segment, however if you want a NA V-8 with a manual there are not that many options.

A number of e90 M3 owners are looking at the GT350, it's very similar but better, for less money, winning...
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #17
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
I can guarantee you the m4 is in a league of its own far better than my 1le and best of all with a little tune you can get 70hp like nothing. Get the m4 not the new ss don't listen to the fanboys
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #18
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Watch the show "Top Gear" for a couple of episodes and you will see how insignificant they think American cars are, and how outdated they think the American car industry is.....
That's just Top Gear and that pillock Clarkson.

Read any European magazine or website and they'll write page after page about how much fun an American Pony Car is.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #19
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
I was eyeing the new BMW M4, Mercedes C63, & Lexus RC-F. I see no reason to spend $20-$40k more simply for brand recognition. Chevy has really upped the ante here. I really wanted to like the Mustang but unlike the new Stingray, the new design is missing the mark. I wasn't even looking at the Camaro until this new release. Thank you Chevy for delivering!
Chevrolets infrastructure in germany is a desaster. Only very few dealers that are still selling Camaros & Corvette since Chevrolet leaved the european market 2 years ago. And when you finally found someone who will sell you a Camaro, you have a waiting time of at least 12 months. And then they had problems with recalls, like atm that you have to replace the key, otherwise Chevrolet is taking down your vehicle so it's illegal to drive it.
So yeah, I was really looking forward to buy a Camaro in 2013, but I finally ordered the new EU Mustang. Ford has a great infrastructure and you have enough shop in every city to let them fix your car, if you have any problems, and the Camaros interieur felt way too cheap to me (6th gen seems great in that terms)

I also looked into buying the new Audi TTS, but it was nearly twice as expensive as the Mustang and I think a real V8 is way better and feels nicer than a bi-turbo 4 cylinder.

I totally agree, that you have to spend at least 70k€ to get the same power you get in the Mustang/Camaro. But the new Camaro wont launch here until 2017 I guess (based on how it was with the 5th gen), so it seems like a lot of people are looking forward to the new Mustang in europe (launching next month), while only a handful would wait for the Camaro and a lot of guys will still buy BMW/Audi/etc, just because they think the price is justified (e.g. the base Audi TT without Navi, rear camera and other nice features costs at much as the Mustang)
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #20
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Yeah but if you get a bimmer you will be in the company of douches.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #21
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Yeah but if you get a bimmer you will be in the company of douches.
And that's like saying if you get the Camaro you will be the company of Rednecks with Mullets...
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #22
ilirg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
And that's like saying if you get the Camaro you will be the company of Rednecks with Mullets...
At least they know how to have fun
Old 05-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #23
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
At least they know how to have fun
and marry their cousins insest is fun!

on a serious note its leagues above any camaro give it some wide rubber and a tune and youre looking at a monster.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #24
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
I'm sure the M4 is a great car but not $80k great. Spending that much money on a depreciating asset just seems like a waste with how refined the new Camaro is. These luxury brands are way over priced and I'd rather support America.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Afraid? No. A bit uncomfortable? Perhaps. What does it mean when the Ultimate Driving Machine isn't the ultimate driving machine?

I know its not BMW or Mercedes but I remember reading a recent review of the new Ferrari LaFerrari and the engineers or some other Ferrari personnel were taking potshots at the Z/28 (specifically, it had to do with the tires & rain). Thats ... kinda weird. But the point is, if the Z/28 could make Ferrari take notice the 6th Gen SS will certainly be doing the same to BMW -unless the folks from Maranello are simply terribly insecure (which is a pretty solid bet, now that I think about it)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #26
ilirg

For the money the new ss is a bargain compared to the m4. M4 is so overpriced its embarrassing. I drove one at a bmw event around a road course and don't get me wrong it was a blast to drive, but not worth the 70k it was priced at. I'll take the less refined most likely equally as fun to drive 6gen and save 30k.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #27
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I think the euro or BMW crowd is gonna keeping buying their choice of cars, while the muscle crowd is gonna buy American muscle. When I had a chance to buy a BMW years ago, it was because of wanting to be a part of the inner circle that I was in. Car shows with Asian and Latino girls modeling on the Euro cars was a turn on, cuz I thought these type of girls like these kind of cars. But once I went to a muscle car show with American muscle cars, I had to go back to my roots. I love muscle cars. I am no longer part of that inner circle, but still friends with them. I'll probably still get a BMW, but as a second car to go the shopping center with the gf, because she wants one.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #28
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Irregardless of how many guys are actually cross-shopping, I do think GM is trying to get out of the box with the 6th Gen Camaro. That box being a "retro-mod muscle car". The new car appears to be just as well made as any sports coupe Asia or Europe has ever produced. The new Camaro also has the electronic technology to compete with any luxury sports coupe in the world.

Maybe they won't steal any buyers of the M3, but it sure seems like they are trying to do just that. Compete with BMW? You can add Lexus, Porsche and Mercedes to that list too. The new Camaro doesn't seem limited to just the retro muscle car market any longer. With the new T4, V6 and V8 options, plus an extremely modern and luxurious interior, it looks like it's ready to go after the big dogs in a LOT of different categories.... And they better watch out.