Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #57
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
The Mercedes C Class has one of the sickest interiors right now south of $80k. BMW's gone downhill in that area.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #58
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
I'd have to disagree a little. compared to a well optioned 5 series no, the interior does not compare; a base 328i with vinyl they yes the Camaro looks very good.

I think the Gen 6 interior is very good for a mainstream car. i know I'm not going to get buttery leather and a hand stitched dash as this price point. However, I'm very impressed with the tech and creature comforts that are available in the Gen 6 that are not in my 2011 M3 (obviously some of this is due to it being new).

Take a look at a 2015 M4, you can't get cooled seats, I don't think it yet has Apple car play or a valved exhaust.

The one thing it will have is more interior room however since it's based off a sedan chassis. That is one of my concerns and will be the first thing I check this fall.
I'm not saying the Gen 6 isn't nice and it certainly appears to be giant leap compared to the Gen 5. But for choice of materials, is there any hard plastic on the IP or door panel? Is it the matte finish material? are the gaps perfect. Don't misunderstand, I haven't seen a Gen 6 in person. I'm judging by the pics and the comments.

However, having owned an Audi and shopped BMW and MB, I can be you money that since the Cadillac interiors don't compare and we know GM has not put the money and materials in a Chevy over a Cadillac (oooops Buick!!!!) I can assure you that for folks sensitive to materials and fit and finish (which I am to a very high degree) it won't cause anyone shopping German (or Lexus) to bat an eye toward the Chevy. The Chevy will win customers on value and top performance.

GM has led the industry in may features and technologies. OnStar gets panned, but now everyone in the luxury segment has it as just one example.

No one should feel bad because a luxury brand doesn't cross shop a Chevrolet. Only really open minded people considering the entire car will. The Germans have a cache that Chevrolet will never, ever, ever, ever have. Until Buick dies.

I am looking forward to seeing one in person. And I understand if you aren't tuned in to the subjective quality of the German makes (I am as used to have to do it for a living) you would thing "stuff" makes them equal. Many people would. But I have had many discussions in the SS forum about how wonderful everyone thinks their Chevy SS interior is. It's frankly just OK. But it is a Chevy and for that it is pretty good. It's just not great or comparable to a BMW or Audi.

Might change my mind when I can actually see and touch one.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #59
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I the overall fit an finish, plastics, panel gaps and solid feel is much better on the German cars I've had you are absolutely right. You can even see this in VW interiors to a degree.

I hope I don't get lambasted but I hated the 5th gen interior, I love the exterior but the interior killed it for me. It was the same with the Vette until the C7.

I think Ford, Chevy and Dodge as well as the other mainstream brands have done a very good job of upping their quality but there is no way for them to compete on all fronts against a car costing $20-$40k more.

For instance I found the sticker on my car in one of the door pockets (I bought used) and it was an MSRP of $81.5k! IMO there is no way in hell that it would be worth $30-$35k more than a 2015 or 2016 loaded Mustang or Camaro respectively.

I love it don't get me wrong I just wouldn't pay that even if I had it.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #60
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
With my new BMW at 3K miles, the first service cost me $350. They did nothing more than change oil and check everything else. My BMW was one of the most unreliable new vehicles I ever owned. Our 2008 Lexus was a nice car but the relative resale value was no better than my Chevys.

I've been very happy with my American cars including Buicks, Mustangs and of course Camaros and Corvettes. Luxurious?...no, but reliable, fun to drive and fast...yes.

While in Europe and driving the autobahns and autostradas, many of Europe's finest felt the sting of my C5 Corvette and they didn't like it much.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #61
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
With my new BMW at 3K miles, the first service cost me $350. They did nothing more than change oil and check everything else. My BMW was one of the most unreliable new vehicles I ever owned. Our 2008 Lexus was a nice car but the relative resale value was no better than my Chevys.

I've been very happy with my American cars including Buicks, Mustangs and of course Camaros and Corvettes. Luxurious?...no, but reliable, fun to drive and fast...yes.

While in Europe and driving the autobahns and autostradas, many of Europe's finest felt the sting of my C5 Corvette and they didn't like it much.
I thought BMW's came with like 3 years of scheduled maintenance, that is included in the price of the car? Why did you have to pay?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #62
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
I thought BMW's came with like 3 years of scheduled maintenance, that is included in the price of the car? Why did you have to pay?
40 years or 50k miles.

Fluids alone with a Mann filter are $125 for my M3 but a regular 3 series should be significantly cheaper.

My oil change is very easy and it has two sumps.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #63
Sintmk

Drives: Jeep Cherokee
Currently living in Germany. It's a little funny what us Americans assume 'Germans' drive. Remember, the German manufacturers are only a status symbol in the place they aren't common. I live in Stuttgart, there's a dozen Mercedes on my block, and a few less Porsches. That's because this is their city of manufacture. Driving around Bavaria for fun or hockey, etc...same story with BMW. Truth is, most Germans outside the manufacture cities can't afford the big dog "luxury." A-coupes, lupos, polos, 1-series A3s, etc everywhere.

Know what the Germans buy to show off? Classic American muscle. Perspective. Worried, nah, no developed distribution here and Chevy outsells by volume, so there's no competition regardless.
Sintmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #64
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintmk View Post
Currently living in Germany. It's a little funny what us Americans assume 'Germans' drive. Remember, the German manufacturers are only a status symbol in the place they aren't common. I live in Stuttgart, there's a dozen Mercedes on my block, and a few less Porsches. That's because this is their city of manufacture. Driving around Bavaria for fun or hockey, etc...same story with BMW. Truth is, most Germans outside the manufacture cities can't afford the big dog "luxury." A-coupes, lupos, polos, 1-series A3s, etc everywhere.

Know what the Germans buy to show off? Classic American muscle. Perspective. Worried, nah, no developed distribution here and Chevy outsells by volume, so there's no competition regardless.
Well there you go. That answers that. Welcome to Camaro6!
Old 06-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #65
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This is why they lost the first time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #66
Sintmk

Drives: Jeep Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Well there you go. That answers that. Welcome to Camaro6!

Glad to be here

Can't wait to make it official when we are back stateside July 2017 and I take delivery of a garnett red tintcoat RS with the khalahari interior
Sintmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #67
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Talking

Since the C6 Corvette generation & the 1LE, Zl1 & Z28 Camaros versions, GM already products where head to head and even beating Porsches, BMW M3, Nissan GTR, and others, FORD was not longer in their league after '12. The question is if they will regain again their competition level VS the new Viper ACR, Nissan GTR Nismo, Porsche 918 & the top Lamborghini. I don't doubt that GM is going to bring something good out from their magic hat, we already saw what a Stingray is capable to do.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #68
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Since the C6 Corvette generation & the 1LE, Zl1 & Z28 Camaros versions, GM already products where head to head and even beating Porsches, BMW M3, Nissan GTR, and others, FORD was not longer in their league after '12. The question is if they will regain again their competition level VS the new Viper ACR, Nissan GTR Nismo, Porsche 918 & the top Lamborghini. I don't doubt that GM is going to bring something good out from their magic hat, we already saw what a Stingray is capable to do.
Do you just wander into threads and bash Ford?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #69
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Do you just wander into threads and bash Ford?
You just posted to defend them. On a camaro site. And you own a camaro supposedly.

If you want to see bashing I know of a thread almost 200 pages long and 3000 posts.

If anyone is bashing/ hating it is the ford camp right now. Those comments are nothing.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #70
Kdogg

Drives: Hyundai genesis
I'am a middle aged union truck driver,typical American. I love cars and have no loyalty to any brand,that said I will cross shop any car. My lease is up on my Gen Coupe in November and the finalists to replace it are:
RC coupe
4series
C-class coupe
Challenger r/t scatpack
Camaro SS
.... And after seeing the 16camaro,we have a winner! Love at 1st sight!
Kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote