Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Exclamation Have you had as many problems with your 2010 Camaro as I have?

i love my car, but...

it's becoming a pain in the ass. i'm just starting this thread to open this topic for discussion. wondering if anyone has had such a variety of things that needed to be repaired on their cars.

#1 - delivery of my Camaro was delayed by a whole month because of the battery cable recall.

#2 - the day i took delivery, my driver's side pillar molding kept popping off and had to be replaced.

#3 - black plastic/rubber exterior window molding around the small triangle window on the driver's side was peeling up on its own. they glued it back down.

#4 - loose spoiler. had two nuts rolling around in my trunk lid. took 3 different visits to have this issue corrected.

#5 - paint chipping/abrasion under the loose spoiler. had it all touched up on my last visit to the dealer, but looks like complete SH*T now... so i'll have to go back again.

#6 - radio display screen would go blank, or freeze until i restarted my car. couldn't access any of my menus of skip songs or change the audio source. the dealer fixed it.

#7 - reprogrammed HVAC and inspected the engine harness as per the recall.

#8 - my heater core gurgled when i drove my car. they fixed it.

#9 - went into the dealer in December complaining about noisy steering and vibration... they did nothing - and i for the life of me could not find the power steering reservoir at the time. but 7 months later, i go in again with the same complaint and they tell me that my power steering fluid level was at the bare minimum, so they topped it off and it's been quiet and smooth since. is power steering fluid leven NOT on their 27 point checklist? did they not look at it the first time. they said that there was no leak found. so where did it all go? if it has been low all this time, why didn't they see it before?

#10 - installed axle-back SLP LM II myself, and when i removed the stock mufflers, they were full of water.

#11 - the radio display would not keep the proper date. it would always be off by a few days, every couple months.

#12 - noticed oily drippage under my L99 after parking it on a previously spotless slab of concrete for a week. the dealer found not one, but TWO oil leaks. one leak was at the oil cooler, the second was around the oil pan.

#13 - analog speedometer does not work (intermittently). but apparently when it was at the dealership for more than a week (while they were going through my list of issues), it worked fine. when i picked it up, halfway home i noticed that it wasn't working, so i turned around and went back to the dealership. of course, it was after service hours by now, so i had to drive with the sales manager to PROVE that the speedometer doesn't work properly. now i just have to go back and get this fixed when i feel like taking it down.

#14 - noise from the rear end while pulling into and backing out or parking spaces. they replaced the differential fluid... so far so good.

#15 - used to hear some pretty loud tapping/ticking from the front end at start-up... but this has gone away since the oil leak issue was resolved.

#16 - the whole mp3 playback from USB stick is a pain in the ass. i'm tired of having to re-do all of my options and re-select the music that i was listening to before the last time i got out of my car. but it is my understanding that there is no current fix for this. then the dealer tries to feed me the line "It's operating as it was programmed to operate" - well yeah, it's a SH*TTY programming job if you ask me. they should have referred to the mp3 playback from CD operation from all the other GM vehicles with 6 disc in dash CD changers. those work perfectly fine, they remember what song you were on, they continue playing the rest of that folder, and then move onto the next folder once the last song has been played... AND there was a single push-button navigation between folders. this USB interface was a HUGE selling point to me, and i can't even tell you how disappointed i am in the way it operates. i dreamed about being able to plug in a flash drive loaded with music, long before it existed in cars.............. and after my last visit to the dealer when they did some "calibrations", my "Random" feature does not work at all. Everything plays in alphabetical order whether "Random" is on, or off.

has all of this happened to you?

Last edited by KeepItGreasey; 08-17-2010 at 08:29 PM.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
No. I'm a happy camper.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Here we go again. Search is your friend.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
naga
Always be positive!!!

Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
17k miles and no problem what so ever!!!

Borla ATAK catback/ K&N CAI/ Diablo Tune for now
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Here we go again. Search is your friend.
no, dear. i am not asking if you have experienced any ONE of these things... i am asking if you are experiencing any GREAT NUMBER/ALL of these things, smarty-pants.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
I've had my Camaro two weeks so far, no issues yet, but I will be sure to share with you if I experience any of these. Sorry for the run of bad luck man, I hope everything pans out to a period of no problems for you.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
1,2,4,7,10,& 14 have all been addressed and many ppl have had to do the same stuff. I won't disagree with ya on the radio, speedo problem stuff.... But most all have dealt with same stuff. Good luck!
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
no, dear. i am not asking if you have experienced any ONE of these things... i am asking if you are experiencing any GREAT NUMBER/ALL of these things, smarty-pants.
Don't get your panties in an uproar cowboy. I have experienced just about all of those things you listed. What I meant was this topic comes up every couple if weeks, and it's not hard to find what people are complaining about.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

thanks for the well-wishes. it is a big concern to me because i have only had possession of my car for 12 of the 13 months that i've been paying for it.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
thanks for the well-wishes. it is a big concern to me because i have only had possession of my car for 12 of the 13 months that i've been paying for it.
Oh and by the way, there is about four or five more things that I could add to your list that I've had. I've had my car about the same length of time as you. So ,maybe your ahead of the came.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Mine has been perfect, for the most part. But I don't let them touch my car. I did at first to get the stripes installed, took 3 tries, still not perfect.

I had your #8 issue, ordered the part, installed it my self in a better location then their service bulletin suggested. I have a manual trans and after 13K my brake fluid is the color red beer. Will install a separate clutch reservoir very soon.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Oh and by the way, there is about four or five more things that I could add to your list that I've had. I've had my car about the same length of time as you. So ,maybe your ahead of the came.
i don't believe so. we should both be like the people posting, saying that they haven't had a single problem.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
L99, #13345, built 5-29 delivered 6-5-09, spoiler bolts have been only problem.
Fuse pull!!!!
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, issues, leak, spoiler, usb