Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
I like the blue/black/silver best, it flows with the website colors better..

Edit - hmm sticker, if its a full bumper sticker, not sure why he couldn't use that file?? most the places here in phx that do vinyl and stuff like that just need any file type and just convert it to what they need when they get it.
I don't know why this guy can't do some of the stuff I was asking either. He said he could use the image in it's regular form like above, but it wouldn't come out in great quality. He said it would help if I sent it in a larger file size. But, it still woulnd't be great. I tell ya...I don't know what this guy works with, but he's saying this is poor quality. No, I'm not doggin your work, Dragon. I think everyone here is liking your design...which looks great. This makes me think how in the world he can call it poor and what the heck does he want for a better picutre. I guess it's a different program than photoshop. I'm pretty sure it was called impression.

Has anyone heard of impression or anything?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #30
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
My vote goes towards the blue!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #31
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Am I the only person who still uses V3 of the site and sees red and gray? I always forget that it is there to change the colors, but the blue I say looks the best. Tag, maybe see what somebody else who does stickers may say about the quality and file type or w/e of this logo? just a suggestion
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #32
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Tag, in my experience in the auto-show world and video productions, I have dealt with a few more sticker/vinyl places than I care to remember...and most fo them are like that. "I can't work with what you want, but I can't tell you how to meet in the middle"...it's pretty common for some reason.

I can tell you that what me MAY mean by "flat" is that he may want the "layers" used to MAKE the image. More than likely when Dragon put that together it used more than one layer on top of another layer, which makes manipulating things a lot easier. Then again, the raw PS format wasn't listed above, so that may not be it afterall.

Hmm. Try any online resources yet?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #33
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
"I can't work with what you want, but I can't tell you how to meet in the middle"
I have worked in the printing industry for 10 years, and I have to tell you that if a printer is unwilling to work with you and your file(s), that should be a HUGE red flag popping up! That means that it's time to look elsewhere… Especially in the Summer months, when it is a traditionally slow time for printers (not a lot of jobs coming in). Keep looking, and you'll find the right printer to take care of your (and our ) needs.

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

This was the email reply from the company. I left everything else so you can see the link and the site as well.

Douglas,

This image I cannot work with. It gives us no image properties that can be
worked with. The quality is poor and it's in the wrong format.

Thank you,

Nathan Ferguson
Owner - Stickercutting.com
Phone: 1-301-697-5540
Hours: 9am-5pm (EST) Monday-Friday
Visit our customer review page! http://www.stickercutting.com/phpBB2
Old 07-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #35
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This image I cannot work with. It gives us no image properties that can be worked with. The quality is poor and it's in the wrong format.
He's a jerk - lose him!! He's unwilling to work with you. That is just bad business - what quality can you expect from his work, with that kind of attitude??!!

I'll find out who did the forum stickers from another group I belong to, and I'll get you the contact info…
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleykt123 View Post
He's a jerk - lose him!! He's unwilling to work with you. That is just bad business - what quality can you expect from his work, with that kind of attitude??!!

I'll find out who did the forum stickers from another group I belong to, and I'll get you the contact info…
I was suprised at his response too...I'll wait to hear from ya. THX
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #37
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Yeah that's a pretty cold response.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
If yoy need better resolution, I can bump up the power behind that picture to insane numbers...like, 3000px wide...it will be better "quality" (but a HUGE file)

If he wants more contrast, I can put a white background behind it.

My suggestion: I have no idea what he's talking about, so I'd ask him what he needs (IN DETAIL). Then if he brushes you off again, stick him where he belongs...

I don't know what else to tell you. I also didin't see anything on that site about die-cutting. What exactly is that - maybe I can taylor the pic to it.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

die cutting is where the letter is cut from everything else. So, it's not bumper sticker style...it's just letters going on a background. I'm going to look around and see what other places offer. The guy wasn't really a jerk on the phone. He just seemed like I should have known what I was talking about. I'm sure he's getting burned out having to explain the same old thing 50 times a day. No biggie to me. I'll check elsewhere and see what others say.

Die cut is solid color only. Rectangular bumper sticker style is the cool fade like above. I was leaning towards the die cut. What do ya'll think?

Dragon, hold off for now. I'll look into a couple other places and see EXACTLY what it is they want.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #40
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

I couldn't ever put a bumper sticker anywhere on the car where there is paint - personal preference, don't want to deal with peeling paint issues… The idea of having something without the white bumper-sticker background is appealing because it can be placed on a window - no paint peeling issues…

Capice?

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
So you want me to pop up a quick solid silver/border=blue when I get home?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 PM   #42
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Tag, or anyone else who wants a sticker, give me what you want done and I'll get it done cheap. I used to work for a sign company (I put up the home run counter for Barry Bonds with a co-worker at Pac Bell Park aka Monster Park.) and I know how the process goes. If the image properties aren't there, they should be trying to font match as they have access to millions of pre-set fonts and even more custom fonts online. If anything they can print screen, scan and just sharpen the edges. The sign companies have the tools to do things like that. If you ever need stickers made, I can get you a great deal.

I was thinking about making some small stickers that say Camaro5.com for the quarter window or something when we actually get the cars as to bring more attention to the site, but I don't know how many to make and I don't have free money lying around to just make a ton and send them out.