Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #29
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
Have the week off and took my son out for the day for some basics....
Anyways...get out of the farmer's market this morning and find a cart into the back side of my car. I was parked literally 20 spaces from everyone else. I notice there is a nice scratch on it but figure I will buff it out today...aggravating....so run to AA to grab some polish and then stop at Target and Home Depot to grab some misc stuff.

I come out of home depot and it looks like the sun was reflecting real odd off the front quarter panel of my car. Put my sun in his baby seat and wipe the area and the "C" of the camaro emblem crumbles off. There is a nice 12 inch dent in the car. Call the cops, file a report, go get estimates. My deductible is 500 so no use going with insurance now since this is a 600 fix. The officer said that it is a car door that was slammed into my car (with force) and they left. Officer even noted that I am out in the back so someone must have pulled up and parked, hit me, and left. I hope they get caught.

I can't believe how disrespectful people are. I park in the back everywhere I go....I just can't believe people are like this. Got an appt late January to get her fixed, but for now will be rocking the dent in my "AMARO"

I just needed to vent...quite livid right now.
get this! i go to a honda dealer to discuss the purchase of a car,and while i am there someone sneaked up to my car and "keyed" it both sides.they knew i was involved with a salesman in the corner,and out of sight of my car!..tell me about it!..why do people do this?..(w.t.f!)
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #30
coolman

I think we need a sub forum for damaged and crashed camaros. This is crazy.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #31
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I had a similar incident that dented the rear fender just below the accent line. It also scratched the car....I took it to "Dent Doctor" who was able to get most of it out and now you can't see it unless you know it's there and look!...I always park way, way away from anyone else as well. When you find crap like that, it's like being "violated"!!!! Sorry for your damage, man...awful!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #32
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool No Consideration

I learned my lesson with my first new car, my Camaro doesnt go to Target or any where i cant see it.I usally get in and dont get out till im back home,call me anil but no scratchs or dents.
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #33
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
That sucks, but it's exactly what I'm weary of. I don't want that to be me.

Hope those motherf*ckers get caught.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #34
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Anyways...get out of the farmer's market this morning and find a cart into the back side of my car. I was parked literally 20 spaces from everyone else. I notice there is a nice scratch on it but figure I will buff it out today...aggravating....so run to AA to grab some polish and then stop at Target and Home Depot to grab some misc stuff.

I come out of home depot and it looks like the sun was reflecting real odd off the front quarter panel of my car. Put my sun in his baby seat and wipe the area and the "C" of the camaro emblem crumbles off. There is a nice 12 inch dent in the car. Call the cops, file a report, go get estimates. My deductible is 500 so no use going with insurance now since this is a 600 fix. The officer said that it is a car door that was slammed into my car (with force) and they left. Officer even noted that I am out in the back so someone must have pulled up and parked, hit me, and left. I hope they get caught.

I can't believe how disrespectful people are. I park in the back everywhere I go....I just can't believe people are like this. Got an appt late January to get her fixed, but for now will be rocking the dent in my "AMARO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
This is why i'm debating in trading in my car, i worry to much if i'm gonna get parking lot dings, some ass wipe hit me, or some other misfortune,

I must be going through a "Burned Out" faze i worry to much of these things....
no! i feel the same way! i do my best to protect the car always.
it would appear that it doesn't make any difference,so i just tell myself not to worry so much!..it is just a car after all!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #35
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT
Ouch, im so sorry to hear this man...a few weeks ago I saw a small door ding just above my driverside rear panel....and let me tell you I was FURIOUS!!

You can only do so much to prevent things like this and different locations are worse than others...I know its just a car, but those idiot pathetic losers that dont work hard enough to reward themselves with something like this, are going to hate, and I dont see why they just cant admire and leave it alone!
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #36
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:

Sucks man. Some people are messed up! Glad you have a sense of humor about it though.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #37
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:

Some times you don't want to caugth this low life , one just want to shoot em
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #38
ngk28
NGK

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3AlexSS View Post
Typical of people who are jealous... pretty pathetic.
:thumbdow n:
ngk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #39
487HPCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS 6spd
Yep you just cant have anything nice. And people aske me why I dont drive it all the time... 4800 miles on it and 3000 0f them were to Miami Florida when it was new.
487HPCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #40
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
scumbag's are everywhere
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #41
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
Damn sorry to read that any pics? surprised I'm the first one...
Adrenaline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #42
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
And that is why Colt made the 1911.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote