Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Funny, there are none in Texas. I have a full line sears 5 miles away, a Sears Hardware 2 1/2 miles away and 2 Sears Appliance stores within 4 miles. How can they not all compete.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Maybe I should sell my stock in Sears Holdings
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post

They have some of the strongest brands in Craftsman and Kenmore. They have always done well with appliances and tools/garden. The clothing has always been a disappointment.

I'm glad none of the sears by me are closing. Kmart I couldn't care less a about.

I was at a Home Depot returning something that I received as a gift that I already had and was looking at the Husky Tools. Everyone of them is made in China. Now I'm sure they are fine tools and I know it's hard these days not to get something Made in China, but Craftsman handtools are made in the USA. Supporting US jobs and they have always served me well. It kind of bothered me that EVERY tool they sold was from China. Maybe it's just me.
Just a little inside information. Sears ended up replacing almost all of the IT support staff in the US with an outsourced firm in India. Apparently there was a lot of money saved in doing this. Not saying that is wrong or right, just saying even Sears outsources US jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gml1998 View Post
Maybe I should sell my stock in Sears Holdings
Probably, but then again is that stock even worth anything at all now?
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #18
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Ace Hardware is selling Craftsman tools.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post

They have some of the strongest brands in Craftsman and Kenmore. They have always done well with appliances and tools/garden. The clothing has always been a disappointment.

I'm glad none of the sears by me are closing. Kmart I couldn't care less a about.

I was at a Home Depot returning something that I received as a gift that I already had and was looking at the Husky Tools. Everyone of them is made in China. Now I'm sure they are fine tools and I know it's hard these days not to get something Made in China, but Craftsman handtools are made in the USA. Supporting US jobs and they have always served me well. It kind of bothered me that EVERY tool they sold was from China. Maybe it's just me.
I hate to tell you ,but not all Craftsman tools are made in America anymore and haven't been for quite some time. As a professional that's uses tools for a living, I've also noticed their quality has dropped off too. Any more I only buy their pro series and only if they are truly made in America. Craftsman doesn't mean quality or american made like it used. We can thank Lowes and Home Depot for that. They push their Chinese junk for a lower price and most people only shop on price instead of quality. So really, I guess I'm wrong. It's consumers fault for only shopping on price along.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
both sears and kmart just need a make over, but instead they just come up with flashy fliers and TV adds to look like they got nice new fancy stores, but all the stores local still look like they did in the 70-80s or even worse.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
both sears and kmart just need a make over, but instead they just come up with flashy fliers and TV adds to look like they got nice new fancy stores, but all the stores local still look like they did in the 70-80s or even worse.
Make overs cost money. Sears spends 200 million annually reinvesting into improving stores. Wal-Mart on the other had spends 13 billion annually. Its pretty much too little, too late because the customer is gone.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
but they could of done it when times were good, before walmart was nation wide. Our local sears store is in the same old building, with the same old look, as when both my Grandma's worked there before I was born. [One retired from that sears.]
Old 01-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #23
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I hate to tell you ,but not all Craftsman tools are made in America anymore and haven't been for quite some time. As a professional that's uses tools for a living, I've also noticed their quality has dropped off too. Any more I only buy their pro series and only if they are truly made in America. Craftsman doesn't mean quality or american made like it used. We can thank Lowes and Home Depot for that. They push their Chinese junk for a lower price and most people only shop on price instead of quality. So really, I guess I'm wrong. It's consumers fault for only shopping on price along.
The same company that makes Craftsman makes Kobalt tools.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #24
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
problem Sears has for years is half their store is clothes, and who buys clothes in Sears?
I've thought this for a long time. Both stores near me are closing and while I understand the need for a diverse portfolio, sometimes you just need to do what you're good at. In Sears case it WAS tools and appliances.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
TOMS1SS

Quote:
but they could of done it when times were good, before walmart was nation wide. Our local sears store is in the same old building, with the same old look, as when both my Grandma's worked there before I was born. [One retired from that sears.]
That's coulda, woulda and shoulda right there. The company got lazy and relied on a loyal customer base that gradually eroded in face of competitors that could offer better shopping at lower prices. Sounds almost like the story of GM doesn't it?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #26
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

GMs problem is they keep trying to keep up with the fad whims of HS kids.
Instead of building Icons that out last any generation.

Let the foreign brands build them tin can crap box fad cars, team up with em like on the Toyota-Nova and slap a Chevy sticker on it.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #27
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
I could care less what the inside or outside of the retailers building looked like, it is the quality and selection of the product they sell that interests me and causes me to spend $$. Though my wife buys a few items like paper towels and such from Walmart, I do not like even going into one. Every time Walmart makes a sale of it's made for Walmart exclusive cheap ass merchandise we ( USA ) move closer and closer to a 3rd world country. Kmart/Sears is a classic example ( like GM ) of the failure of US management leaving the rank and file to pay the price for their stupidity.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #28
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

but you forget, walmart doesn't make anyone make their products in China, you can find plenty of made in usa products there, its the producers of the parts trying to make an extra buck moving production to China over the US as they don't want to have to pay union wages.