Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Vileone

Drives: 2012 black 2SS
Which terminator would win

I was discussing this with a friend and have never in my time have winderednthis until niw.

Which t-800 terminator would win. The one in terminator 1 or the one in t2. Any reason why?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
T1
It was more machine, it had 1 job. Just to kill Sarah Connor.

T2
Showed a side of the Terminator that sucked, tried to make act more human, and try to make jokes.

I vote T1
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
T1
It was more machine, it had 1 job. Just to kill Sarah Connor.

T2
Showed a side of the Terminator that sucked, tried to make act more human, and try to make jokes.

I vote T1
I would have to disagree. If both Terminators were equal machines then the only deciding factor would be experience learned and so the T-800 from the second movie would have the advantage. We know this because in T-2 the T-800 was able to kill a more advanced Terminator, the T-1000, and he gained that ability by having a different mission, to protect John Conner.

In the original movie the T-800 was nothing more than a machine on the war path. Search and destroy were his only skills and they failed him since he couldn't even kill his main target a human female. That single minded approach was a disaster for the machines.

In the sequel the T-800 was programmed to learn and adapt so he could protect John Conner. This gave him the ability to have allies, to utilize his skills in various scenarios, and in a sense evolve to the extent he could kill a superior enemy and accomplish his mission. By somehow becoming more human a Terminator evolved into a better bodyguard than it ever could be as a killer.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The T-X should have won...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Vileone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I would have to disagree. If both Terminators were equal machines then the only deciding factor would be experience learned and so the T-800 from the second movie would have the advantage. We know this because in T-2 the T-800 was able to kill a more advanced Terminator, the T-1000, and he gained that ability by having a different mission, to protect John Conner.

In the original movie the T-800 was nothing more than a machine on the war path. Search and destroy were his only skills and they failed him since he couldn't even kill his main target a human female. That single minded approach was a disaster for the machines.

In the sequel the T-800 was programmed to learn and adapt so he could protect John Conner. This gave him the ability to have allies, to utilize his skills in various scenarios, and in a sense evolve to the extent he could kill a superior enemy and accomplish his mission. By somehow becoming more human a Terminator evolved into a better bodyguard than it ever could be as a killer.

Wouldnt that mean that if the t800 from t1 put the others allies in danger he might hesitate?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
I would win.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
Vileone

Yeah i was watching t1 and t2 and both films are so diff but amazing. Sad we dont get movies like that anymore
Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vileone View Post
Wouldnt that mean that if the t800 from t1 put the others allies in danger he might hesitate?
It's always possible. Arnold did seem a bit twitchy so we would have to account for friendly fire or perhaps a small percentage for malfunction if he took enough damage. We can even add in some of the ethical concerns with the Laws of Robotics and say the big guy might just get confused with a conflicting program.

The T-800 in the 1st film was prone to mistakes, like when he asked for a phased plasma rifle in the Guns & Ammo store in L.A., so we have to assume the T-800 in the second movie, being an equal machine, would make errors himself.

Or would you guys feel the original T-800 would eventually win the battle simply because he was the more straightforward and pure machine of the 2? A sort of the less he has to deal with or learn from the more unstoppable he could be?
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote